[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Syphon Filter Trilogy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: Syphon_Filter_2_USA_Cover.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Syphon_Filter_2_USA_Cover.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
So Syphon Filter thread
>>
I played the first one a lot and loved it (back then).

How do 2 and 3 compare?
>>
>>3266238
Never played 3 but I thought 2 was better than 1.

I recently went back and played 1 though and it was god awful to play. I can ignore controls that feel pretty bad usually as I usually just get into a "it's 19xx and this is how things were" mindset but it just felt AWFUL
>>
>>3266238
>How do 2 and 3 compare?
2>1>3

>>3266249
>controls that feel pretty bad
There's nothing wrong with Syphon Filter controls as long as you turn the invert aim off. They are pretty intuitive and respond well.
>>
>>3266249
lol spoiled babby

The controls are absolutely great, even with inverted aim. Stop being so bad and LEARN the controls. This used to be a thing back then, you know...
>>
>>3266218
i played split screen multiplayer on 2 a lot with my buddies. i thought it was better than goldeneye multiplayer.
>>
>>3266218
This was the first "stealth" game I ever played. Good times. And that harder mode cheat code.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gykgQ6vfcgk
>>
Pandamonium BEST pvp map!

...close second hedge maze
>>
There have been a few threads recently, and because of this I tried to play it for the first time.

I enjoyed it a bit, but didn't get far, not even past the first level. either I cant get to the Agent trapped in the building or get through the train station. In either case, the game wouldn't let me progress.
>>
File: 1454508698626.jpg (60KB, 886x592px) Image search: [Google]
1454508698626.jpg
60KB, 886x592px
I want to get a PS2 just to play Syphon Filter 1 + 2

>tfw no other vidya lets you set an enemy on fire with a tazer
>>
>>3266292
>>3266312
I think controls was the wrong word. I just mean it felt bad to play for me to the point I couldn't enjoy it.
>>
Posting best music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss5M481_-lc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWvgBR0twUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7bmLGKPLDo
>>
>>3266238
2 is even better than the first one. I haven't played 3. I like the games a lot, they're a good action hame series but the stealth segments can be pretty shite at times. The first person shooting works well, and while the story isn't amazing, it's enjoyable.
>>
The games were definitely ahead of their times. I liked how the shot locations actually mattered and the enemies with body armor encouraged to go for head or limb shots.
>>
I still can't believe it was made by the same guys who made Bubsy 3D. Not just the same company, the same people.
>>
File: Dat-orgasm_o_134025.jpg (24KB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
Dat-orgasm_o_134025.jpg
24KB, 400x256px
>>3266963
>shot locations actually mattered
>can shoot Weapon
>mfw I discover that
>>
Who did the " stealth gameplay mechanic" better?

Syphon Filter 1+2 or Metal Gear Solid 1+2?
>>
>>3267031
Syphon Filter's stealth was more realistic but I kinda hated how breaking stealth would almost invariably lead to a game over.
>>
>>3266440
Had some nice match-ups in Concrete Jungle, though it got old fast.
>>
>>3266330
I agree... it was awesome, we especially liked the prison and village stages, I remember epic strategies. The parking lot stage was fun too, very small area but fast.
>>
>>3266430
That does it
I'm replaying it
>>
>>3267025
I remember that mission where you shoot the gun out of the girl's hand because they needed her alive but I didn't know it could be done outside of that
>>
>>3269021
I call bullshit on her surviving the headshot in the early mission.
>>
>>3269025
Would it be a case of "plot armor"?
>>
>>3266249
I don't understand this at all. Syphon Filter's controls are super smooth and responsive, the lock-on makes aiming a breeze, and even the manual aim isn't hard because it defaults to headshot height when you first aim and enemies generally stay still enough to make targeting them easy. I think everything about the game holds up great.

>>3266238
2 is basically more of what you liked about 1. Levels tend to be more linear and constrained with more scripted setpiece moments, and I like 1 better overall, but 2 is still great.

>>3266686
Syphon Filter OST is underrated. Top-notch electronic ambience. I like the park theme with those bubbling synths.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjoWU-dtem0
>>
>>3269021
You can shoot enemy weapons, but it doesn't do anything other than alert them. Or maybe it does damage, but they definitely don't drop the guns. It's like Goldeneye like that. You can also taser Mara in that scene btw.

>>3267092
That's only in a couple levels, at least in SF1. I think the game did a really good job of giving you levels where you can get the drop on enemies with basic stealth or just run in and blast them. Rhoemer's Base is completely awesome how you can silently take down everything and complete the whole mission, but if you set off the alarm it's perfectly possible to blast your way through anyway and it changes all the enemy spawns and alert levels.
>>
What are people's favorite and most hated levels?
My favorite would probably have to be the Streets of Moscow in SF2, and the least favorite one being the Colorado Air Force base one.
>>
File: 20160604_165411.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160604_165411.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I just picked these up at the flea market this morning. I only played demo versions as a kid. I would just go around tasing people until burst into flames
>>
I found all three very very easy. Fun games, very well done, but really easy.
>>
>>3269575
Yeah, the games aren't particularly hard, except some of the stealth sections can be a bitch.
>>
>>3269552
Shit nigger its a multidisk game?
>>
>>3269432
Yeah, I kinda want to try out Syphon Filter 1 sometime again. Might try emulation.
>>
>>3269681
Jesus, look at the myspace angle on this one.
>>
SF1 was great, but 2 was a fucking beast. Never played any of the ones that came after, not even 3, in fear of being letdown.
>>
>>3271364
More like pussy angle lmao
>>
>>3271794
Syphon Filter 3 is okay, but much less focused. There are more playable characters and settings, but it makes the whole thing feel more fragmented.
>>
>>3271843
>put the camera down low so it looks like I have boobs and am TAF

Fucking why, she's already quite pretty, no need to lie about her body.
>>
>>3266561
In manual aim mode the taser can also shoot as far as the game can render. You can snipe from one end of the map to another with the taser, it's brilliant.
>>
I like how the taser actually has a travel time as it flies through the air. It's also cool how it lights up walls along the way with a little blue glow. The Syphon Filter engine had some pretty cool effects for PS1--dynamic colored lighting, bullet hole decals, and that cool night vision scope effect.
>>
>play 2
>find the hidden air taser on the first map
>rest of the game is murder everyone by burning them to death from across the map

I really enjoyed these games, but looking back they have a lot of gameplay problems, most centered on how much success relies on just repeated trial and error
>>
that level in the park raining is one of the best levels ive ever played.

1 is best imo, 3 is shit.
>>
Teresa is dead...

killed by Chance who has secretly been an Agency operative all along. He's completely covered in high impact Kevlar armor - even grenades won't pierce it.

But you've only got one goal now:

ELIMINATE CHANCE.
>>
>>3273995
It took a lot of fucking tries to get him into the helicopter blades.
>>
>>3271794
2's levels were pretty gimmicky in my opinion. The train level was still great. Shame how the PS2 games were trash.
>>
>>3267020
Same engine, even. One of the devs said that Sony got 'em to do the game is because of Bubsy 3D.
>>
>>3277483
That sounds pretty unbelievable.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.