/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: mm2.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mm2.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Jesus, why is this game so insanely perfect? Godly replayability, best OST of all time, memorable everything, and killer tight gameplay.

Anyway, what is your favorite song from this game? I've been into Bubbleman and Flashman recently. Favorite stage Quickman and Crashman.
>>
3 was better

>Anyway, what is your favorite song from this game?

I almost don't wanna say Wily 1/2 because it's so obvious but it's also so fucking good. Other than that Quickman.
>>
>>3265465
OP, you should look into the underground artist Mega Ran, or Randam. He made a cool album based off MM2. Bubbleman and Flashman beats included
>>
>>3265483
Hard to pick but Flashman is prolly my fav in MM2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zquDLt8W_R0
Check out the other Vege vids for more glooooorious moist towelettes songs.
>>
>>3265465
I adore 2 but it feels just a tad too easy for my taste. Mega man isn't a hard series really but 2 is about the level of a kirby game. Still I love the game and know difficulty doesn't equal quality. In my opinion I felt 4 was the best classic game. I love the scene if wily transforming into a alien, I knew about it before playing but I could just imagine the shock of someone who knew nothing of the later games seeing it.

Favorite song? Now that's tough. Wood man and air man are great bubble man is just the defining piece from 2 for me. What a phenomenal piece.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FEULEvmq7yE
>>
>>3265465
>Anyway, what is your favorite song from this game? I've been into Bubblema-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07RY9TMysiE

you did this to me on purpose
>>
I don't agree that MM2 is even the best of the series, but it's still such an astonishing improvement over the first game. The series would probably be mostly forgotten without 2.

Heat Man is the most fire track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQN6RFpLgBw

(For many games in the series, not all, the fire-themed master has the best music.)
>>
>>3267671
>For many games in the series, not all, the fire-themed master has the best music

-Fire Man's is the worst in 1 other than bomb man
+Heat man's is good, probably third to crash and quick but a close third in 2
+flame man's is my favorite robot master track in the entire series

Less fire robots than I remember but yeah, 2/3 ain't bad.

I don't remember sword man's at all, and I haven't played 9 or 10.
>>
>>3265465
>liking a game that only looks good-ish if you compare it to its predecessor

>>3265483
>liking a hugely rushed game that really doesn't hide that fact in its gameplay

what's with the shit taste on this board? MM4 is where the series started getting good, and could fairly be seen as the best in the series (although, if it weren't for the garbage weapon set, MM5 would be objectively better)
>>
>>3265465
MM2 is brillant.
>>
I really love Mega Mans control/physics, the music and the boss fights. The rest, not so much. 2 stages are straight garbage (quickman and heatman), most others rather mediocre and only 2 I found to be really enjoyable (bubble and airman).

I don't really get Mega Man. Maybe cause I played it blaster only.
>>
>>3268179
5's my least favorite in the series by far.

Well, other than 8. 5 is just too damn easy, even for a mega man game.

TOP TIER:
1 (sue me, I like the challenge)
7 (sue me again, the wily fight in this is awesome)

OKAY TIER:
6 > 5

DR WAHWEE TIER:
>>
>>3265465
>what is your favorite song from this game?
Metalman theme.
>>
>>3268179
>>liking a game that only looks good-ish if you compare it to its predecessor

Yeah, how dare games in a series look progressively better and better. It's almost as if time were a linear concept or something.
>>
File: wall-sensor.png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
wall-sensor.png
8KB, 256x224px
>>3265465
>>
>>3265483
I agree
>>3265465
Requiring a crash bomb at a certain segment of Dr wilys is fucking gay
calm down its still an excellent game
>>
>>3269676
Never been quite sure if I love or hate that room. One bomb out at a time and you have to wait for the explosion whilst dodging an attack is a solid set up.

Is there any way to fix it without making it pointless?
>>
>>3269676
any /vr/ megaman thread OP that starts with uncritical praise for 2 should result in a mod replying with this image and banning the OP..
>>
>>3267763
>>3267671
This is true. Solar Man had the best music in Megaman 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qLfLcVTr14
>>
>>3269817
How about you should get banned for not being good at games.
>>
>unskipable end level weapon screens that take 4 minutes

almost perfect.
>>
>>3269676
What's the problem ?
>>
Mega Man 2 codified a lot of the things that made Mega Man such a classic series, but the flaws run too deep for it to be the best. Stuff like the godawful weapon balance drags it down.

I like 9_ the most.
>>
File: megaman-9.jpg (88KB, 610x550px) Image search: [Google]
megaman-9.jpg
88KB, 610x550px
>>3271385
NOT RETRO and NOT RETRO 2 are both really good, with a few missteps here and there (Sheep Man? Fucking really?)

Plus they're both hard as balls... either that or I'm getting old and my hand-eye coordination isn't what it used to be.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.