[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadly Rooms of Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: deadly-rooms-of-death.png (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
deadly-rooms-of-death.png
43KB, 640x480px
Anyone else play this? It's a pretty great turn based puzzle game, and I think it still has an active community of mapmakers.
>>
Fuck yes!
I just tried making a thread about it on /v/ yesterday, but it died.
The games should hit steam soon, perhaps they'll gain a bit of popularity then. DROD is the only game I ever played where I actually felt smarter after going through the levels, like I actually learnt some new way to think.
>>
Wasn't there an RPG version of this game?

But I never found a download.
>>
>>3260116
Yep, there's DROD RPG. You can find it on caravel games' website or torrent
>>
>>3259363
Yeah, I did.
Great game.
Usually got bored around what, 4th floor? Either one with mimics or one after it.
Basically, this >>3260017.

Also, is DROD /vr/? Not that I care, just I thought it was post 2k game.
>>
got the whole collection on GOG, and finished DROD 4 a couple of months ago, Im currently playing DROD 1 but I put it on hold for a while

this series is surprinsingly charming,
>>
File: Sin título.png (912KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
912KB, 1024x768px
>>3260572

currently stuck here
>>
File: drodrl-e1345686452808.png (57KB, 620x531px) Image search: [Google]
drodrl-e1345686452808.png
57KB, 620x531px
>>3260569
The original was made in 1996, technically the architect's edition and the iterations after them are post-2k, but seeing as how they're the practically the same game, and also how people on /vr/ would probably be more likely to have played it I took my chances.

>>3260572
It has a very personal charm to it that most early freeware games have, mostly due to it being the product of just a single person instead of a big team. If there's one complaint I hear about the game it's how dry it is. Definitely not the most immediate or welcoming game, unless it's already your kind of thing.
>>
>>3260569
>4th floor
But that's nothing? The game is like, 20 levels, even more in later ones?
>>
>>3262386
What can I say, I easily get burned-out.
>>
I urge people to check this out and give it a chance. It took a while for me to be hooked, but I can say there's no game like DROD. There's a reason people keep making more content and demanding new games in the series
>>
>>3260138
>>3262945
I grabbed DROD RPG and all I have to say is that... actually it isn't really an RPG, is it? Just puzzle.
>>
>>3262949
Well, yeah, I guess, I didn't play it, just the regular DROD games
>>
>>3261496
>technically the architect's edition and the iterations after them are post-2k

Isn't the Architect's Edition an earlier version that got released later?

I think it should be considered retro. If it's not, then a lot of unreleased sequels, betas, lost games, etc. aren't retro either (such as Chip's Challenge 2)
>>
Seems pretty cool, is it like Chip's challenge ? I loved that game as a kid
>>
>>3266527
Not really.

It's a puzzle game, but there's a heavy focus on killing enemies. The game is turn-based and monsters only move when you do; you can move in eight directions, and also rotate your sword. Everything dies in one hit; you die if an enemy touches you, but they die if they touch your sword.
>>
Got to tar level and it starts to be difficult.
>>
>>3268429
If you're playing King Dugan's Dungeon, I hear the later entries have less frustrating levels. They didn't iron out the kinks in the first game. Journey to Rooted Hold is supposed to be the best one
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.