[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android Emulation general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: shield.jpg (103KB, 920x540px) Image search: [Google]
shield.jpg
103KB, 920x540px
Why don't these TOSEC roms run in my Android emulators? Yes, I've unzipped them.

https://archive.org/details/tosec

Also, Android emulation general.
>>
>>3256463
Just use no intro for everything and use a header injector for the nes roms.
>>
Been playing Kyuukaku Megami Tensei on my phone recently. Good times.

I don't use it much, but I bought pic related. I don't like the stick d-pad thing, and the angle locks a little sharper than I would like, but for $10 or whatever I can't complain. Probably going to upgrade to one of them with a proper 360-style layout to play PS1 games better.
>>
File: moga.jpg (27KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
moga.jpg
27KB, 500x350px
>>3256790
>>
>>3256790
The moga power controllers are way better. I use a power hero, it's very compact. It fits in my pocket perfectly, charges your phone and gets great battery life.
>>
Samsung are assholes and blocked Dualshock entirely in the S7 Edge. Redering the clamp and gamepad I used to use with my Sony phone entirely useless.

My solution was to buy a shitty, wired DS3 knockoff. Solder an OTG wire to it's PCB. Toss in the springs, pads, and buttons from a broken DS2.

It's messy, true. But it's mine. I made a gamepad for my phone in a cave, with scraps!
>>
>>3257067
LOL, check out the Iron Man of the S7.

The Shield is great because of its battery life, its control mapping system (remarkable, and it works!) and its awesome ass commitment to being vanilla Android, not some nVidia infused bullshit version. Like Samsung.
>>
I'm often tempted to get some kind of powerful emulation handheld but then remember that my laptop is good enough and I should be playing more games on it.
>>
>>3259357
I'm still waiting for one of these android handhelds to play gamecube/ps2/xbox well. With that i'd be set for life
>>
>>3259396
Are there even Android emulators for these systems? Because if do, I'd bet the Shield Portable can play it. It can handle PSP games and fast forward the damn things to about 10X speed. It's great!
>>
>>3259401
The shield struggles with dreamcast, it really can't do the rest.
>>
>>3259404
On paper it should be fine. I'd wager it's a shortcoming of the emulator, as there's only one and it's still evolving.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.