[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/starfox/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: star-fox-starwing-beta-snes.jpg (20KB, 325x292px) Image search: [Google]
star-fox-starwing-beta-snes.jpg
20KB, 325x292px
Star Fox thread.

Discuss Star Fox games and clones.
>>
Something that's always bothered me - why has no one done a complete SUPER FX style fangame/clone of this game?
>>
>>3254997
IIRC it was stupid difficult to program for, that's why there were only a couple games to ever use it.
>>
>>3254997
>playing romhacks
No thanks
You could always try that unreleased starfox 2 game
>>
>>3254997
Why bother?

Star Fox 64 was so obviously better in every way that there's no reason for it not to be left in the dust. What could any person possibly do with the original SF that SF64 didn't, other than being made on a technically inferior console?

When you look at Starfox 2, it's clear that a lot of ideas were transitioned over to 64 and greatly refined, and it sure did pay off.
>>
File: Andorf.jpg (223KB, 1195x541px) Image search: [Google]
Andorf.jpg
223KB, 1195x541px
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 228x221px
>>
>>3255567
kek. A shitty Atari 2600 from 1983.
>>
>>3255429
>No thanks
Why not? especially when they could do certain things much better than the main game itself, like the framerate.
>>
>>3255425
you misunderstand - i mean a modern fangame/clone inspired by Starfox on the SNES with a super fx chip style aesthetic

>>3255429
it'd be cool to see a starfox romhack with new enemy layouts and other changes but i don't think that will ever happen. i've played starfox 2 and the aesthetic is spot on, a very worthy sequel - though i prefer the linear gameplay of the original. it's a shame they didn't release it properly imo

>>3255464
starfox 64 was definitely very good, but starfox is the one i have fond childhood memories for - the gameplay and overall "feel" is very different and i just prefer the visual/audio aesthetic of the original in comparison. the snes game to me felt very other-worldly and as a wee 'un it blew my mind. didn't really get that feel with the n64 version.

>>3255486
heh "Star Force" but the brits went with "Starwing" instead.
would be nice to see more beta shots or footage of the game
>>
>>3255759
modern fangame/clone inspired by the SNES version of Starfox designed for PC*

didnt make myself clear there really
>>
>>3255759
>starfox is the one i have fond childhood memories for
I see. In that case, it would be a very niche product that few people would likely have interest in. I grew up with the original Star Fox too and it was even my favorite game for a decent while before 64 arrived. Finding people who want to recreate that particular point in history, but not the point a few years later that is typically more remembered, would be hard.
>>
File: ace-online-24.jpg (48KB, 700x506px) Image search: [Google]
ace-online-24.jpg
48KB, 700x506px
>>3255814
To add to that, at least people have made Starfox-like games on the PC already even if they don't share the exact same SNES aesthetic. Not all hope is lost for you.
>>
>>3255827
there's a lot of minimalistic indie games so with some cracking gameplay, 60fps and lots of awesome design choices in level design - then i don't see why it wouldnt catch on with a niche audience. wouldnt have mass appeal but hey - that's not what id be after.

i'm interested in knowing about any PC type shooters in the same genre as Starfox, Panzer Dragoon etc. - but ace online looks like an MMO rather than a single player linear shooter?
>>
>>3255851
ACE Online is an MMO. It doesn't play like a singleplayer SF but it's clearly SF inspired. One of the dudes near the top (maybe just a GM? but I think he had some involvement) had the username Xarfox. Not sure if it's even around anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkn27_Hn4w
I haven't watched this vid but I have played the game. He gets into the actual flying bit about two minutes in. The only time you're on the ground is to use the town to resupply, buy equipment, trade, etc. It's just a hub.

Space Cowboy/ACE Online, which are both the exact same game, is kinda linear in the sense that it progresses like a typical MMO but it isn't on rails like SF is. It's closer to all-range mode in SF64, but in an open world.

Man, I wish I knew the name of that one indie game. It doesn't have much to it and it's just some aesthetic survival flight game where you race forward in simple geometry. It wouldn't be satisfying like an actual Star Fox but it's something. On rails and a similar aesthetic with no enemies.
>>
>>3255768
Well, aren't there Wing Commander games?
>>
>>3255908
im not interested in MMO type games to be honest.

ill hit up this other indie game though.
>>
>>3255913
Just a warning, even if you do find that other indie game, there's nothing to it unless they've improved it since then. Expect anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple hours of fun, tops. Maybe if you really just need to scratch the itch it'll do for five somehow.
>>
>>3255912
>Wing Commander
looking at gameplay footage for all games - nope. completely different. these are more "simulation" than arcade based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZPB4FNoUS0

here's a game that really came close for GBA - Star X. i was really excited to play this when it came out. i bought it. i was disappointed. the gameplay just didn't live up to everything else. felt too much like a third rate Euro shooter. so close yet so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZL4Cbt-knk

Rez on the other hand, was COOL AS FUCK.
>>
>>3255926
i doubt i will find it - though i think i know which game you're talking about - it was on amiga and pc but they made a browser remake? it was pretty cool. still dont know the name though haha
>>
>>3255931
No, it's a new generation indie game that has no ties to prior games as far as I'm aware. It was made within the past 3-5 years. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
>>
>>3254997
i would prefer a fan remake with nothing improved besides frame rate and resolution.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 395x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 395x255px
I usually don't buy repro carts but this I really want. Starfox 2 is an amazing game
>>
>>3256713
That would also be cool

Maybe "classic" "arrange" and "original" levels :)
>>
>>3254994
>clones

You mean SPACE HARRIER CLONES?
>>
>>3255759
>you misunderstand - i mean a modern fangame/clone inspired by Starfox on the SNES with a super fx chip style aesthetic
There are some low poly art games, like Sky Rogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo5ketadKjw

>>3255928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14_kTNMD2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb886SUrw7U
>>
>>3257202
Nigger no one cares about that segay shit.
>>
>>3257202
Comparing Space Harrier to Star Fox is like comparing Metroid to Mega Man. They don't look and play the same at all.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.