[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Ultima?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: u5.jpg (216KB, 923x1296px) Image search: [Google]
u5.jpg
216KB, 923x1296px
How do I get into Ultima?
>>
Read about what happens in 1/2, either read about 3 or play it (not really required but 3 is the best original trilogy Ultima), play IV, make FUCKING SURE you play V, optionally play VI, play VII, then live the rest of your life believing that Origin never made another Ultima game after VII despite all evidence to the contrary.

Make sure you have the manuals that come with the game because it helps you with a few things in the game.

Have something to write down/type in notes during the game because you'll need it.

And have fun.
>>
>>3254497
>Origin never made another Ultima game after VII despite all evidence to the contrary.
But Blue Sky Productions/Looking Glas Studios did.

I would suggest just playing 1. There's no plot worth mentioning but it's so short and simple it's hardly wasted time.
2 can be ignored completely.
>>
Ultima keeps jumping around in how it plays like so while there are particular "groupings" like 1-3, 4-5 and 7/SI, being able to play one game doesn't mean that you would be able to play the others.
>>
>>3254484
Play it you hipster faggot.
>>
If i were you i would start with U7, it is the most accesible game and introduces you to most common features in the saga. Then go backwards.
>>
>>3254484
Why do you need to get into it?
>>
>>3254572
I think 3 is closer to 4 than to 1 or 2.
Ultima always tried to evolve and advance the genre.
>>
>>3257516
Be 10, 40 years ago.
>>
>>3254484
How is Ultima Online?
>>
File: Breadbridge3.jpg (806KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Breadbridge3.jpg
806KB, 1280x1024px
>>3254497
Counterpoint: Bread Bridge
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.