[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Like a /vr/gin... playin' for the very first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bunny-ice-cream-treat-.jpg (655KB, 2794x1871px) Image search: [Google]
bunny-ice-cream-treat-.jpg
655KB, 2794x1871px
When was the last time you played a game for the first time and were just blown away, or really enjoyed little details? Remember the first time you played Pokemon and instead of knowing all 151, you were entering this world full of weird creatures? Remember how walking through the tall grass was exciting instead of tedious, because you could see something you'd never seen before?

ITT: We talk about games that are absolutely full of surprises and wonder, and full of heart. Games that feel big and mysterious and exciting. Basically, talk about a game you can remember your first time playing, and how much of a blast it was. Try to use spoiler text when discussing things that other people may also appreciate being surprised by, and let's all share games and maybe discover some we haven't played before.

I personally loved Secret of Evermore, which is basically Secret of Mana, made in America, with a different setting. It's like no other game I've played, and admittedly far from perfect, but I personally get pulled into its world, love the "boy and his dog" motif, love the characters and the silly little moments like when you open a jar, pull out what looks like a heart from Zelda or something, and then put it back because you have no use for a heart, and just generally think it's a game everyone who likes ARPGs should play at least once.
>>
>>3253262
Metal Max Returns, just some months ago.
Things like finding a tank buried in a cave on the beach, decorating your house or just discovering and downloading new programs for your pre-fallout pipboy.
>>
For me it was E.V.O

Many of these older RPGs are interesting to play, and not everyone played these back in the day because they weren't the most common or cheaper games (and continue to be scarce and expensive today).
I can see how some people would get frustrated by the controls and some of the boss fights. I personally enjoyed the controls and design, it's a 2D action RPG and I enjoy these kind of games. Only problem I had was getting lost on the maze levels (the cloud and the alien ship), but other than that, wonderful game, enjoyed every bit of it and would play again.

Eventually I'm going to play the original PC-88 prequel, which is I think a traditional RPG.
>>
>>3253262
Rondo of Blood. First time playing a PC-Engine game. I had no clue a 16 bit system could sound and look so good, even with CDs.

>>3254146
>that part where you have to figure out that you have to jump off a cliff to learn how to fly
>>
>>3253262
I thought Heart of Darkness was pretty cool.
>>
Gonna accidentally reveal my oldfag status and say Super Mario Bros, because the screens scrolled. Everything else I had played up until then had static backgrounds.
>>
>>3254123
That sounds awesome.
>>3254146
I loved EVO! And still watch the EVO tournament every year, but that's a totally different thing.
>>3254152
Never played Rondo of Blood. I'll check it out! Thanks.
>>3254319
Never even heard of this one, unless it's based on the book. What's cool about it?
>>3254338
That was a huge innovation. I can only imagine being there for that. (I was born in 1987, but SNES was my first console.)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.