[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Disneyzone.jpg (128KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
Disneyzone.jpg
128KB, 640x465px
What if Sonic 4 came out in 1995-1996?
>>
I don't think many people would've played it.
>>
File: CanadianZonelmao.png (2MB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
CanadianZonelmao.png
2MB, 1024x739px
>>3252894
Yeah, probably not. But it would be great.
>>
>>3252894
I disagree - Sonic was a completely different franchise in the mid to late 90s. If the Saturn had been given a true Sonic sequel it might have had a leg to stand on in the Western market, where Sonic games have traditionally and consistently performed well
>>
>>3252912
instead. we got nights
>>
>>3252926
Considering that NiGHTS is better than literally every Sonic game I really don't mind
>>
>>3252937
>Considering that NiGHTS is better than literally every Sonic game
Okay hipster.
>>
Probably would've been Knuckles Chaotix/Sonic Crackers. Sonic Team were rather disenchanted with hedgehogs and were busy making Ristar and Nights so one of the B-teams would've had to pick up the slack. It's definitely for the best they stopped at 3.
>>
>>3252937
>nights
Non saturn fans never even heard of that game
>>
>>3252937
Yeah sure. Nights is a good chill game but I have tough time even calling it a full fledged game. It's more like a really easy time attack. I go back and play it very occasionally but I can see why it's appeal is so limited. Then nights fans hated the wii game which improved upon the original in every way. It's really a shit fanbase. A psuedo 3d sonic game ala Sonic Robot Attack would've been incredible on the Saturn. That's the route they should've went. Could you imagine a sonic game with a mix of stacking sprites and some 3d for the environment? That sounds incredible. They could've even packed in the 4mb cart or something.
>>
>>3252885
if sonic 4 came out back then it would be a polished game with good graphics instead of the garbage we got with bad physics and weird shitty gradients that looks and plays like some flash game.
>>
>>3252987

>Then nights fans hated the wii game which improved upon the original in every way.

Apart from the cutscenes. I actually like the Wii game quite a lot but the voice acting is fucking terrible and you can't skip them.

I entirely agree with your other point though, Sonic Robo Blast is fucking great and would've been easily achievable on Saturn hardware. If they could've got some competent programmers (not The Sonic X-Treme Team) it could've been a great transitional game.
>>
>>3253057

Blame the geniuses at SEGA thinking the HANDHELD DIVISION of Sonic Team were the guys for the job. Just one bad decision after another with this franchise.
>>
>>3252885
Wew
>>
>>3253057
I have no idea how Sonic 4 came out as bad as it did.

The physics are terrible. They're pretty close to those in Sonic Rush actually, except all of the problems are made more evident (since the movement values are different, Sonic doesn't go as fast, no boost), so now it's really easy to realize that Sonic has no inertia, he reacts even less to slopes than in Rush (and Rush was appalling about that -- there's almost no reason to roll in that game unless you're clean out of boost). Episode 2 doesn't actually fix them.
The music is awful. Sega has one of the best sound teams in the world, and somehow the Sonic 4 soundtrack exists. There's no excuse. I can't remember Ep.2's soundtrack at all.
The graphics are terrible (well, Ep.2 is better about this), everything is made of plastic.
The stage design is bad in a way that I don't want to think of. It's like all the bad things about Rush were expanded on.

>>3253193
imagine if they got the guys who did Powerslave and the Duke 3D Saturn port to work on it
Fuck, that would have been the best possible outcome.
>>
>>3252937
retard confirmed
>>
>>3252885
Where'd you find this?
>>
>>3252953
It would've been, yeah.
http://forums.sonicretro.org/?showtopic=32913
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.