[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scanlines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (11KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 251x201px
So, i sold my NES and decided to stick with the emulators on wii. The problem is that the image quality of the emulators isnt as sharp as the original console, also i didnt notice any observable scanlines. Is there a way to introduce scanlines to the Wii just like the NES?
>>
>>3252224
>wanting scanlines
>>
I don't know. Get a CRT?
>>
>>3252224
using wii retroarch just set the video options to 240p or lower. You are probably running interlaced.
>>
>>3252224

You should be running your Wii on a CRT anyways
>>
>>3252224
>sold my nes
Gtfo this board
>>
>>3252279
>>3252236
This. Not like it supports HD anyway, what's the point?

>>3252282
Also this. Fuck you for getting rid of a piece of history.
>>
>>3252289
The Wii supports both 480i and 480p in both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions natively which actually makes it really nice for using on nearly any display and/or multiple displays.
>>
>>3252282
>>3252289
Is not like he threw it to the trash, maybe anon needed the money and now someone else its enjoying that console (or if it is a collector faggot he keeps it there in a box, so pointless).

The console is to play, not a collection article, fucking autistic faggots, you are disgusting.
>>
>>3252224
Change rendering mode to "original" in FCEUGX video settings and make sure you are using the same TV you used with your NES.
>>
Which emulator are you using? If it's Fceugx go into options and set the rendering to "original". If it's Retroarch turn off any 'filter' options you see and set the resolution to 240p. You have to do this every time you load a game, probably the thing I hate most about Wii Retroarch.
>>
>>3252862
Save your settings per core.
>>
>>3252224
Does the Wii render the NES at 240p anyway?
>>
>>3252871

I just looked it up, I'm a couple versions behind and apparently resolution saving was just added in the last one. Before that you could save the settings per-core but the resolution would always reset to 480i. Will have to try it out.
>>
OP here, im infact running the wii on CRT TV. just didnt know how to set it up right.

>>3252282
>>3252289
I wanted to keep it but it took up space. Also its better someone use it instead of keeping it in a box
>>
File: 1450148256361.jpg (24KB, 556x537px) Image search: [Google]
1450148256361.jpg
24KB, 556x537px
>>3252224
>sold nes to use emulate on wii
>>
>>3253448
HDTV: use component cable, set wii to 480p and 4:3.
Set resolution to 512x480 in retroarch and use the "scanlines 512" overlay.
CRT: Set Resolution to 256x240 and use no overlay. Component cable is still best but it will work with composite or s-video.
>>
>>3253462
A Wii is more than enough for fucking NES.
>>
File: scust.png (13KB, 99x77px) Image search: [Google]
scust.png
13KB, 99x77px
>>3255037
>using non-retro system to play retro games

You are now persona non grato, you disgust me.
>>
>>3253448
Are you using retroarch or the standalone emulator?
>>3252237
>>3252661
These are the right answers for both.
>>
>>3255045
I emulate all 2D systems and play exclusively on real hardware for the 3D ones, brother
>>
>>3255051
Using Fceux emulator currently. I'll try retroarch as Fceux doesn't emulate lower than 480i
>>
Use mednafen and set "double strike" on the video mode. That's the most sharp 240p output I've gotten. Way better than other emulators (except maybe for RetroArch that has a shitload of options, but it's a mess and way too fidly. Stick to Mednafen for whatever you can run with it)
>>
>>3252895
Watch out when upgrading to newer versions of Retroarch. Some of them really shit the bed performance-wise on Wii.
>>
>>3255484
why would they release an update to the wii version that doesn't run properly on the hardware?
>>
>>3252224
GODDAMN NEW ZEALAND STORY...

I can still hear that fucking music...
>>
>>3255583
they all seem to work fine for me. just upgraded to 1.3x or whatever the newest one is. it saves the resolutions so you don't have to fuck with it now
>>3255465
I'm going to check out this mednafen
>>
>>3252224
Scanlines aren't supposed to be there.
>>
>>3252349
>The console is to play
>sell it
Literally retarded

>>3253448
>took up space
Sounds like you need a wife and a retron son
>>
>>3255682

Check out this one too

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fce-ultra-gx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.396515/

In the video options, switch the first option to "original" this will make the image pretty sharp
>>
>>3252224
>i sold my NES

I hate you.

>tfw my parents sold my Atari when I was four
>still haven't completely forgiven them for it 30 years later
>>
>>3255439
> Fceux doesn't emulate lower than 480i
It does. You need to change the render option to "ORIGINAL" in the video settings like people said to you in above messages.
>>
>>3255465
the "double strike" or "original" mode is the same in all emulators, it's an hardware feature, Mednafen copied what GX emulators did first so it's not any better or sharper, it's the same.

At most, GX emulators let you enable bilinear filtering while it is always disabled in Mednafen which can impact sharpness but again, it' s possible to disable bilinear filtering in emulator options.
>>
>>3255682

I swear the nightly builds cores never fucking load while the stable ones do

Did I do something wrong or is it always like this
>>
>>3255439

Use the latest build of fce ultra >>3257229

IF you are gonna emulate snes then here is a latest mod of snes 9x gx

https://mega.nz/#!IwkiDCDD!eDJv3PCkugpybnumit-8e0Zv6BqSZ4HRULvl-HLlYGc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.