[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unique arcades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: kowloon-arcade-01[1].png (254KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
kowloon-arcade-01[1].png
254KB, 580x326px
Saw this about a cyberpunk arcade in Japan that got its aesthetics from Kowloon Walled City: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2KgQOqzBc

This got me thinking about other unique arcades that were different from the typical Chuck E Cheese and amusement park fare.. Anyone encounter arcades that deviated from the norm to share? Arcade general, too.
>>
>>3248563
That's seriously impressive.
>>
beautiful place. If that's what it takes to have a modern arcade, so be it
>>
>>3248563
Quality post, OP. Richfag arcades are probably the best place to find custom themes.
>>
File: kowloon walled city.jpg (331KB, 1194x800px) Image search: [Google]
kowloon walled city.jpg
331KB, 1194x800px
Isnt this the place they designed after the Kowloon walled city?
>>
>>3250675
Read the very first sentence of the OP.
>>
File: 1350187647297.png (625KB, 957x960px) Image search: [Google]
1350187647297.png
625KB, 957x960px
>>3248563
>literally spent $25 million dollars on the place
>6 customers
>>
>>3251261
This arcade is amazing, and I was just in Tokyo and didn't even know it existed. If I did, I would've made the day trip to Kawasaki just to experience it. Should at least try to market it better so your weeaboo target audience knows you exist.
>>
File: famiten13_shop.jpg (251KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
famiten13_shop.jpg
251KB, 600x450px
I really want to visit this store, it's like a retro game store for design-fags. More about celebrating the culture of Famicom games than a used game store.

https://vimeo.com/8412595
>>
>>3252060
Is it worth it to get a famicom instead of a nes if i live in the u.s.? My local retro dealer offers buy one get one free on jap games
>>
>>3250675
When I went to india I was surprised by how much some parts of it reminded me of kowloon. All the wires and places where a glimpse of the sky is almost impossible.
>>
>>3252074
Famicom games aren't that common in the US, but you could save a lot of money when you're getting Famicom games with much more expensive US counterparts. Also, there are a lot of great games which never got released in the west.

You really are going to want an AV Famicom over the original model though, since the original model doesn't support composite video. Also, you will be able to use US NES controllers on an AV Famicom, which considering the short cable length of the original model's hardwired controllers is a much superior option.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.