[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

splatterhouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: splatterouse.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
splatterouse.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
anyone have good memories of this game?
>>
>>3247972
/thread
>>
i liked splatterhouse 2 when i was 19
still preffer it to splatterhouse 3
i dont like walking up and down (on the vertical axis)
>>
Hell yeah! Saw it in an arcade as a little kid. Blew my mind.
>>
>>3247945

From the Genesis versions, I always liked the horror and violent imagery, but I never felt the character controlled well. It always felt clunky to jump and the hit boxes never felt well-defined to me. Nice atmosphere and challenge, though.
>>
>>3247945
The turbografx port is a lot of fun. It lacked a ton of gore though
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 1024x1024px
Good games. Well made ports and remakes too.
>>
These are excellent "exploitation movie" games.

The gameplay is basic, yet solid and it doesn't bring much to the table outside of its horror motif and gore, but it all comes together in such a way that it's a game worth playing.
>>
>>3248665
That guy does not look like a luchador outside of the concept of wearing a mask.
>>
>>3247945
It's awesome.
>>
File: namco10.png (157KB, 733x471px) Image search: [Google]
namco10.png
157KB, 733x471px
I loved the original because it was very unforgiving. Like the boss on OP's picture, you HAD to make every shotgun shell count or you'd have a rough time getting in his face long enough to finish him off. The slide kick was also pretty difficult to learn and pull off consistently.

It probably helps that I played the first one on Turbografx-16 before the others existed. They were all pretty great, though. I even injected the Splatterhouse 1's VC into my homebrewed Wii's homescreen.
>>
>>3247945
>good memories

Just scary ones.
>>
>>3247945
Yeah

My good memories are from like a week ago though
>>
>>3249719
My good memories are when I finally 1CC'd the arcade game a year or so ago. A fantastic ride. Everything is honestly fairly easy up until the Jennifer fight, where it's easy to fuck up. The bubble-fetus stage is a nightmare of potential death though.

The RNG of Cap'n Mozzarella's falling rocks at the end is enough to keep the relatively simple final boss tense.

I haven't 1CC'd, or even beaten Splatterhouse 2 though. Probably because I have the cart, and the genesis d-pad is not as responsive as a keyboard or my Hori controller. It just feels harder, though that's probably because I practiced the first game so damn much.
>>
>>3251118
>. Probably because I have the cart, and the genesis d-pad is not as responsive as a keyboard or my Hori controller.

Emulation confirmed for being superior to real hardware if you actually wish to complete games rather than just collecting plactic.
>>
>>3247945
I didn't play them in my childhood and only got to them in my early teens when emulation became decent. I replay the arcade version of Splatterhouse yearly around October for festive vibes (and it's like 1 hour long with infinite credits). I've completed Splatterhouse 2 but could never get into the time-based exploration of Splatterhouse 3. How is Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti? Looks cute.
>>
>>3248782
Lucha Underground incorporates a blend of pro wrestling styles into it's idiosyncratic mix, so it's not a big deal. Matanza (dude in focus) definately is not performing traditional lucha moves like flying headscissor takedowns or arm drags. He's actually a former amateur wrestler--made it to the Pan American games--turned Pro-Wrestler.
>>
>>3251471
I've just started browsing /vr/...is this a hertical statement around these parts? Because it's true in almost all cases
>>
File: 1422671455997.jpg (73KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1422671455997.jpg
73KB, 709x765px
>>3247945
yeah. me going nuts with the mirrors hall.
>>
>>3251118
I too have 1cced the arcade game (and the TG16 port on hard mode for good measure), I think SH2 might really be harder, or at at least it has a lot more BS memorization.

>>3251489
>How is Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti? Looks cute.
It's legitimately a really good game, arguably better than the other console Splatterhouses imo.
>>
>>3252010
Woah, there's a hard mode on the PCE port? That HuCard just got a new lease of life in my collection!
>>
>>3252010
Splatterhouse 3 on the Mega Drive is GOAT.
>>
File: rick.jpg (223KB, 598x1063px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
223KB, 598x1063px
Love Splatterhouse, played a fuckton of Splatterhouse 2 as a kid. Made this figure a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEF8Fx49vnc
>>
The north american release of 3 is dogshit due to its fake difficulty.
>>
File: 43590917.jpg (414KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
43590917.jpg
414KB, 600x800px
>>3253442
The US version is far easier than the JPN version, because:

-roundhouse kick lasts 5 seconds in US, whereas it is a single-spin desperation move in JPN
-Monster Rick's tentacle-rape attack costs energy in JPN, but not in the US

The tradeoff, if you call it that, is that the input command is harder (Back-Forward-Back+Attack in the US, vs A+B in JPN), but the lack of energy consumption plus invincibility make it more than worth it.

Some argue that this makes the game dogshit in and of itself since you spam these moves to beat the clock. Corner your enemies and spin away, Rick!!! I don't mind it, but some people do.
>>
>>3253442
>>>/v/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.