[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can all agree this is the best Classicvania, right /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: simon's quest.jpg (43KB, 329x484px) Image search: [Google]
simon's quest.jpg
43KB, 329x484px
We can all agree this is the best Classicvania, right /vr/?
>>
>>3245971
I like it but I prefer the other games over it. Better than Vampire Killer, MSX, though.
>>
>>3245971

Has /vr/ gotten so contrarian that people are claiming that Simon's Quest is the best Castlevania game?
>>
>>3245984
It's a fine game. Everyone knows Castlevania Amiga is the best one.
>>
Certainly not the Famicom Disk System version anyway. It's got the worst load times I've ever seen. You have to wait 20 seconds whenever you enter or exit a town or mansion.
>>
>>3245971
No you fucking faget nigger the best game is SUPER Castlevania 4.

Sage for shitty opinion.
>>
>>3246028

Australia-kun triggered in 3..2..1...
>>
>>3246028
>SNES babbies actually believe this
Lol. All the CVs on it are shit.
>>
>you will never convince the general public that your favorite Castlevania is the best one

hold me brehs
>>
>>3246050
Did you made this thread just to post this?
>>
>>3245971
I thought the best one was SotN.
>>
>>3246079

SOTN isn't a classicvania
>>
>>3246079
If you were five when the PS1 came out.
>>
>>3245971
No, it has some good ideas but is seriously flawed in execution.

>>3245984
Welcome to 4Chan Castlevania threads, where it's a race against the bumplimit to see who can most obnoxiously proclaim their tastes as objective and then shit on everyone else for not being a "TRVE FAN"

Here, having literally any opinion on Castlevania 4 means you're aping some e-celeb, if you like a Metroidvania game, you LITERALLY MURDERED THE FRANCHISE AND IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT CLASSICVANIAS STOPPED HAPPENING (despite the fact that this kind of genre of games was dying by that time and Metroidvanias only really got into steam with post 2000 handhelds).

A place where there is someone who will legit argue that a cancelled Sega 32X title that barely had any development done to it would radically have changed the course of CV history (yes, really), who will call anyone who disagrees with this mindnumbingly retarded assertion, underage, because the 32X would have really turned things around this time, for real, it wouldn't have been a further waste of Sega and Konami's money!
>>
>>3246072
You can bet on it.

>>3246079
Honestly, it's probably the weakest of the Metroidvanias, it's vast and full of stuff, but it's pretty thinly spread and it has perhaps the flimsiest difficulty in the series, you don't need a whole lot of imagination to figure out how to exploit something to completely break the game over your knees, and I'm not even talking about how you can grind, the difficulty curve is like a rollercoaster going to the bottom of a lake and staying there.

If you like SoTN, you should check out the GBA and DS ones, they are much more competent and fully realized.
>>
Oh yeah, and let's not forget how one person will say Rondo is the epitome of the series, and another will dismiss it as "weebshit"

Basically, nuance is a rare drop around these parts.
>>
>>3245971
It isn't but it is a nice experiment and it had some nice ideas. Shame its translation made it borderline unplayable, moreso outside english-speaking countries (you know, as a kid if it is already hard to translate from english, it's even harder to do it from broken as fuck english)
>>
That romhack of Simon's Quest is pretty great.
>>
>>3246079
It's alright. Shit level design after an hour or 2 though. Soundtrack is the best thing about it.
>>
>>3245971
I never played the original but I recently played the retranslated ROM hack with ingame map and shit and it was amazing but easy.
I prefer 3 but only slightly.
>>
File: 1432705397395.png (161KB, 264x315px) Image search: [Google]
1432705397395.png
161KB, 264x315px
>>3246169
>>
It's obvious that Konami made SoTN so casual considering they were going down that route since Super Castlevania Bros.

But i think it has to do with the direction games took on the SNES, where devs couldn't make their game fast like the Genesis so they made them slow but full of small things and with more complex controls/stories.

So yeah, nintendo pretty much managed in an extremely odd way to kill this series and cater to a more young audience that prefers style over substance, The New Generation wasn't sucessful enough compared to the slower games on the SNES with a muffled soundtrack, so they changed everything and they turned castlevania into a more casual metroid with an orchestrated mess for a soundtrack, instead of going for the more simple and catchy tunes of The new generation and the original trilogy.
>>
>21 replies and 2 posters

WTF? Are you serious Australia?
>>
>>3248607
lol
>>
>>3248596
When was Castlevania "fast"?
>>
>>3248596
>shitposting this hard
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.