[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Micky Mouse platformers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 0691519506950.jpg (257KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
0691519506950.jpg
257KB, 640x448px
Which was the best Micky Mouse platformer?
>>
>>3245123
World of Illusion
>>
File: 1307242324.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1307242324.png
4KB, 256x224px
>>
File: WoI.jpg (130KB, 1278x1011px) Image search: [Google]
WoI.jpg
130KB, 1278x1011px
>>3245123
are you me? I JUST started playing these this morning. The mickey sprite in Castle scares me a bit
>>
>>3245132
you should think about playing rom direct you can pick them up cheap. especially cart only.
>>
Mickey mania on the Sega CD is very good
the illusion games on the master system/game gear by Sega are well done too and the Capcom ones on the SNES are pretty good too.
>>
>>3245132
Funfact; there are levels only played by Mickey, Donald, and both. Do a second playthrough as Donald and get a friend for a co-op playthrough.
>>
>>3245152
Some of them can be short
>>
sonic is the best mickey platformer
>>
Le Epic Mickey xD
>>
>>3245123
Does anyone else think the master system/game gear Castle of Illusion is better than the genesis version?
>>
>>3245164
Everyone with sense or taste, yeah.
>>
>>3245143
Im thinking about it, thats why I want to give the ROM a try, and if I dont hate it ill pick one up
>>3245153
neat
>>
>>3245152
>Mickey mania on the Sega CD is very good
would you say there's a difference to the snes version/.
>>
>>3245258
The CD quality music and i hear the scaling is better than the SNES. I wanna say it has more content but I'd Google that one. I haven't really played it but looks good for a western made title
>>
>>3245123
not objectively the best but I really enjoyed mickey mousecapade actually.
>>
>>3245258
>>3245383
the snes version is a genesis port

loads removed

genesis wins the Mickey Mania battle and the CD version improves on the sound
>>
File: magical3.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
magical3.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>people often compare Nintendo to Disney
>when in reality Sonic is closer to Mickey than Mario (in fact Sonic started as a mouse) and Sega themselves did some of the best Mickey games ever.

Anyway, besides the Sega classics, Capcom also did some good Mickey stuff. Namely the Magical Adventure/Mystery Circus series.
>>
>>3245258
Even the Genesis version is better than the SNES version, and not by a little but a lot.

The CD version is like the Genesis version +
>>
>>3245123
Tough choice. Mickey may be the licensed character to have the most quality games.
The SMS Illusions game have a strong nostalgia value, but now I'm for a fan of the Magical Quest series.
>>
>>3246745

This.

Magical/Mystery Circus are some of my most favourite games ever. I play them like once every couple months.
>>
File: 987169416541.png (96KB, 499x497px) Image search: [Google]
987169416541.png
96KB, 499x497px
So let's get this straight

Genesis
>Castle of Illusion
>World of Illusion
>Mickey Mouse Fantasia

SNES
>Magical Quest
>Magical Quest II
>Magical Quest III
>Mickey Mouse - Tokyo Disneyland

preferably Sega CD but Genesis is very good (but never the snes port)
>Mickey Mania

So what system should I play Mickey's ultimate challenge on?
>>
>>3246932

Master system has castle of illusion that plays differently and its pretty solid, it also has a exclusive game called Land of illusion

Game Gear also has Legend of Illusion
>>
>>3246932

I would leave Fantasia out, it's really not a good game. I don't know if anyone actually likes that game but I never came across anyone who likes it, and I have sour memories of buying that game back in the day, thinking it'd be as good as Castle of Illusion.

Genesis has a port of Mystery Circus (Magical Adventure 2), so I'd replace Fantasia with that one.
>>
>>3246954
>Game Gear also has Legend of Illusion
can it run on the MS? with a converter
>>
World of Illusion is one of the best co-op experiences ever because it's actually set up for it and it has stuff you absolutely can't get through alone (obviously it adjust it when playing single player)

I wish more stuff would do things like that
>>
>>3248803
No!? The Game Gear has a color palette of 2000 colors and the SMS 64. How's that going to work out? There are hacks for a couple of games that downgrade the palette to fit into the SMS, but not many.

>>3245123
Crazy Castle 2
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.