[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flashcart thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1600.jpg (109KB, 1211x826px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
109KB, 1211x826px
Do any of those cheap chinese genesis/mega drive flashcarts have save states?
I'd like to beat Sonic 1 and 2 on original hardware, but I'd like to play on my own time. Or am I going to get cucked and have to buy from that slav motherfucker?

Also general flashcart thread
>>
The ever drive md doesn't have a save state feature whether to buy from krikkz out not. The mega everdrive has them but there's no cheap copy of that. Ask yourself if you really want save states though
>>
>>3244041
Just use the level select codes.
Or just play them, they're hardly an hour long.
>>
>>3244057

hmm... I'm not a save scummer but it's mostly that I'm not too down with the multihour marathon sessions any more. I'd like to be able to play a game for 30 min, put it down, and pick it up a week later where I left off like I can with retroarch autosave/autoload.

Hmm... I might just buy one of those cheap ebay copies and upgrade to a save state version later.

Anyone here own one of those cheap ebay everdrives? Any problems or good things to say about them?

I can give advice on NOT-RETROOOOO EZ Flash IV for GBA if anyone's wondering about them. Only flash cart I currently own.
>>
>>3244073
Ali express is the place to look, you should be paying about 50 or less for them. Those sellers on eBay just buy them bulk and resell them.

Any game with save functionality (phantasy star 4 etc) you will be able to save in and the ever drive md will back up that save. Most mega drive games are more arcadey where you are mastering a 30-50 min game so there is no real need for save states
>>
Anybody own one of those "Super Everdrive: China Ver" for SNES?

They also seem pretty cheap on aliexpress
>>
>>3244041
>savestates
Sonic collection for ps2 has em
>>
I just bought the non-Chinese edition of the v3. Was tired of fucked up music on Retroarch and figured I could dust off the model 1 and get some proper dragon thunder blasts. Is there any real difference between the official release and the Aliexpress versions? Debating picking up some other Everdrives if it goes well.
>>
>>3246397
You can't update their firmware but I don't think it's be updated for ages anyway
>>
>>3246397
>Is there any real difference between the official release and the Aliexpress versions?
Updating firmware breaks it.
If it bricks on you after paypal's grace period, good luck getting replacement/refund.
The first one is really only an issue on ED's that still have room for development, like the NES ED. The second, it varies. I've heard anons say they loved it until it bricked, I've heard other anons say their china ED works just fine. I've heard major complaints about the chinese GB ED, namely the battery drains in two weeks flat thanks to a design flaw. I've heard the chinese Genesis/MD ED was the one that Krikzz tried to manufacture in china and so it's a perfect copy of that model since they copied the design.

I just get official ED's so I don't have any uncertainty. Got the SuperED and the EverdriveMD, both work great.

If you really wanna save a buck on ED's and don't mind waiting, wait till Black Friday. Krikzz(sp?) usually has a sale on ED's so you can pick them up for 15%-20% off.
>>
>>3246527
>>3246468
Yeah I wasn't sure what was the difference so I just went with the SuperSlav edition. Waiting for it to ship. Thanks for the Black Friday tip.
>>
>>3244041
Use the level select code.

You're welcome.
>>
>>3249726
>>3246218
>>3244065

Neat. I might just pick up the chinese version for genesis then. The other games I'm mostly interested in for genesis are most shmups and those are short enough that I don't mind completing them in one sitting.
>>
I got the everdrive md from retrogate and I really can't complain minus how picky the everdrive can be and how many games needed to be patched to work.
>>
>>3250320
I had to patch one game to get it to work (Philips) are you sure you're using proper dumps?
>>
I bought a Master Everdrive so I could play with FM sound on my FM sound modded Master System. Is the reset button fucked? I only had time to test Phantasy Star, but attempting to press reset froze the game. Might be an exclusive to that game.
>>
>>3244073
I've been putting off ordering one(EZ-IV) for about a month now. Any major issues? do NES games emulate well? GB and GBC games would require a separate flash cart?

Are you satisfied with your purchase?
>>
>>3251006
I have had an EZ4 since 2008. GB and GBC games can be played with Goomba Color. NES games can be played, but the screen resolution is smaller than NES so you either have to squish the picture or play with half of the screen
>>
>>3246397
What do you mean by Aliexpress versions?

Should I not buy an r4i gold 3ds from Aliexpress?
>>
>>3251006

I am satisfied with my purchase. I paid $40 for mine about two or three years ago. I bought it off some random-ish flashcard site, don't remember what. It was around christmas time and many of the sites were sold out at that time, so I had to go for a second-tier site.

You can expect communication from the sellers to be incomprehensible to nonexistent. I was very confused for a while and thought my card was faulty - it turns out they had shipped one of the last models that had a physical mini-sd card slot, but had updated the firmware to a version that ONLY supported micro-sd. I had to get a microSD -> miniSD adapter, which went contrary to the prevailing forum posts at the time saying they caused problems.

Apparently the latest black batch has the microSD-only firmware and also a physical microSD slot, so there's no problems there.

I do not emulate NES, GB, or GBC games on mine at all. I prefer to play those on my DS lite. GB and GBC games use different voltages/communication protocols etc and trigger a physical switch inside the console's cart slot so I'm almost positive you cannot play those natively. GB and GBC emulate great on DSl, I actually like playing them better than original hardware, even my AGS-101 due to the selectable "pea-soup" palette. I would recommend a (hacked) o3ds or n3ds for NES due to the screen resolution.

>>3253191

DS flashcarts are very mature by now and the cheap chinese stuff works great. There are still a *few* DS games I could never get to work, but the gameboy emulators alone are worth the price of admission.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.