[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Bros advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (261KB, 1018x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 1018x1500px
So /vr/ I had two questions

What's better (or rather what do you like), the original Mario Bros Arcade game or the remake on the GBA that came with super Mario Bros 2 (I know GBA isn't Retro yet, I just didn't play it and need insight)

And second, which game do you like more; DK arcade or the original Mario Bros arcade?

Thanks
>>
The main thing Mario Bros has over DK is co op. iirc the GBA version is not accurate, gameplay-wise, to the original.
>>
>>3240093
Thanks. Do you know if a co-op mod exists for the DK arcade game by any chance? Not asking for a link, just if you know if it exists
>>
bump for opinions
>>
>>3240076
You should also try the NES/Famicom versions, also the "Kaette kita Mario Bros" one.
>>
>>3240076
The arcade game is the original, with the original physics and controls.

The Famicom/NES version is probably the best of the initial ports, but it's still missing the icicles. You can't save your high score either.

Kaettekita Mario Bros. for the Famicom Disk System is arguably the best version. It contains all of the features of the arcade version. You can control your jumps in mid-air like in Super Mario Bros. You can save your high score, under your own name if you know how to translate your name to Japanese. You can also view the top five high scores. It features an original mode with the control upgrade, and a special mode where you have the opportunity to get extra life via a lottery if you get Game Over. You'll also see special messages in this mode when you get to 100,000 and 200,000 points, so if you can read Japanese that's a plus. These messages are related to a competition that Nintendo was running at the time.

It does have two problems. First, this game was sponsored by a food company, so you have to watch weird 10-15 second ads whenever you play a new game, in an eerie foreshadowing of today's mobile games. Second, the disk medium isn't the most reliable, so your disk mightn't work after a certain amount of time. Use FDSStick instead. This is essentially an FDS flashcart that plugs into the RAM adapter.

Finally there's the GBA version. It has updated graphics and sound, and contains all the control updates from Kaettekita Mario Bros. and added the ability to run. You also get an extra life whenever you clear a bonus stage. This is by far the easiest version. Shellcreepers are replaced with spinies. It also has the best multiplayer mode. The only problem is that you can't see all of the screen at once. This is a serious issue if you're at the bottom of the screen and an icicle falls of a pipe at the top.
>>
>>3240102
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had done some kind of co op DK somewhere somehow, but I've never heard of it.

Anyway Donkey Kong is fun, if that requires pointing out.
>>
The atari 7800 port is great, the controls aren't so slippery and jumping is easier. Worth the slight downgrade in graphics and sound. Still looks great though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.