[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (21KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 540x405px
What are other classic games besides snake are out there?
>>
None. /vr/ is a board solely dedicated to discussing Snake. That said, what do you like about Snake? I like that it has snakes in it.
>>
>>3237419
I like the fact that it gets longer the more apples you eat. It reminds me of real snakes.
>>
What like for Nokia? Space Impact and Bantumi are two more.

If you mean in general, then stuff like Space Invaders, Pac-man, Pong, Asteroids, Galaga, Frogger, Donkey Kong, etc.
>>
>>3237431
Would it work the same way if I shoved apples up my dickhole?
>>
This you too, OP?
>>3237434
>>
>>3237414
Snail Maze.

>>3237436
Only one way to find out..
>>
>>3237414
Good memories playing this game on a Nokia 5165 many years ago. Remember when dropping your cellphone wasn't such a big deal because it was actually built well? We need to go back to those days.
>>
>>3237439
Nope
>>
This has gotta be a troll, right? Nobody is this dumb.
>>
>>3237431
I've been trying to get my snake to eat apples for years but it just wont. Is my snake defective?
>>
>>3237690

Consult the owner's manual
>>
>>3237414
Are you retarded?
>>
>>3237721
I lost the manual. Should have stapled it to the snake.
>>
>>3237414
Actually, this is an interesting question when put this way:

What are the purest, most fundamental games that cannot be derivative? Pong and Snake, for sure. Pac Man probably. Breakout would class as a pong-like?
>>
>>3237769
All the staples really. Pong, snake, pac man, space invaders, donkey kong, adventure too I'd argue. I'm sure there are loads more.
>>
File: SSSNAKE.jpg (94KB, 736x795px) Image search: [Google]
SSSNAKE.jpg
94KB, 736x795px
>>3237414
Sssnake.
>>
>>3237769
Tetris, definitely.

Gameplay is derived from actual laws of physics (gravity), even if the scenario is a bit contrived

3-block shapes would be too boring, 5-block shapes would be way too complicated -- but including all permutations of 4-block shapes is just right

Playable with the simplest controller possible -- just need left, right, and down (plus another button for hold if you include that feature)

Line clearing mechanic provides both an intuitive scoring system and flow to the game. Optimal play is to take advantage of the I-piece to score 4-line clears, and the line clearing is also what allows the game to continue indefinitely.

Surely one of the most "fundamental" games.
>>
Wish I still had my sneaky snakes game boy cartridge. No idea where it went.
>>
>>3237769
Isn't pong derivative outside its medium ie tennis, ping pong, etc
>>
>>3239024
>Isn't pong derivative outside its medium ie tennis, ping pong, etc

Isn't Pac-Man derivative of getting chased around in a cemetery? Isn't Breakout derivative of throwing the end of a sledgehammer at a brick wall? Isn't Tetris derivative of dropping legos down the heating vent under your parents' bed? Isn't Snake derivative of rigging pantyhose to a stick a dragging it through an apple orchard?

You gotta stop being such a stickler.
>>
File: CleverGirl.jpg (232KB, 802x802px) Image search: [Google]
CleverGirl.jpg
232KB, 802x802px
>>3239039
>>
>>3239039
In that case Tetris would be derivative of that tetramino puzzle game.
>>
>>3237769
Minesweeper
>>
Would that one ball game on nokia phones count?
>>
>>3238101
I've always preferred Columns to Tetris.
>>
>>3237458
sure, if you don't enjoy your phone fitting in your pocket, and being as powerful as it is now
>>
>>3237745
Call the manufacturer and ask for a replacement. The number should be stamped on the bottom of the snake.
>>
>>3239097
>if you don't enjoy your phone fitting in your pocket
>>
>>3239759
Whilst being as powerful as it is, you nigger.
>>
>>3238101
Tetris was derived from the Roman pentamino puzzle and gravity-based mechanical puzzles.
>>
>>3242079
>>3239039
Then tic-tac-toe? It's a completely abstract game. Inb4 not video games - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OXO
>>
>>3242470
>tic-tac-toe
Derivative of trying to arrange class seating charts to prevent clustering too many boys/girls together.
>>
Robot Tank

Also, Zelda Game and Watch
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.