[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STRIDER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Strider.png (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Strider.png
26KB, 400x300px
I love Ghost & Goblins and the sequels. BUTThis was always my favorite platformer. It also had a perfect port to the MegaDrive/Genesis.

Dark, imaginative, many types of enemy, not repetitive and the soundtrack is not only awesome but it also fits the mood of the level.

So what were the Strider-like games out there?

>don't say Strider II or Strider 2, both not great
>>
>>3233670
I sold Strider. Game's a piece of shit. You just turn on Turbo on your controller and jump around a lot.
>>
>>3233670
but strider 2 was the only good one
>>
>>3233836
>>3234023
Cool story samefag
>>
>>3233670
I also like this game.

This is my opinion.
>>
>>3233836
The absolute shit taste on /vr/ knows no bounds.
Strider arcade is GOAT action/platforming.
>>
>>3233670
I love Strider 1's style.

It's Amiga platforming done right.
>>
>>3233670
It's decent. At first I thought it was clunky and slow, but then I played Run Saber on the SNES, which is much worse. Now I do appreciate Strider. But it's still not great.

>>3234023
Strider 2 on the other hand is really fun.
>>
>>3233670
Strider is great.
Strider II, not so great. Stider 2 also not great.
I wanted to like Stider 2, but the constant stop/start of loading mid way through the levels really ruins it.

BTW Strider on C64 was pretty shit too... What a slow sloppy conversion it was with a barstard time limit.
>shwing, shwwshwshwing!
>>
>>3233670
>So what were the Strider-like games out there?
Osman. Made by the same people.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/osman
>>
>>3233670

The game does more in 3 minutes on the Siberia level than most games do in 8 hours.
>>
>>3234103
OP here

I was talking about the arcade, although I did by the mint Jap version for my MegaDrive. Still got it.

I remember enjoying many platformers but this is one of a few I will fire up mame for a couple of times a year.

For me it was .. wut, I'm in a courtroom? why are they all jumping. the fuck it's a giant cyborg centipede and it's got a giant fucking scythe

The only criticism is the final boss. There's no system I could find and it ate my ten pences
>>3236732
A real disappointment. Too much happening, controls too sensitive, can just run past enemies ti finish the level and doesn't have the eerie feels like Strider arcade.

Great level bosses though. Worth a playthrough just for that

>>3236745
that change in mood, that electricity, that music, that puzzle, those Robocop movie robots with heat seeking missiles. those feels
>>
>>3234203
>Strider 2 on the other hand is really fun.
not true

are you comparing MegaDrive Genesis versions?

Strider arcade is awesome
>>
>>3233670
>perfect
Top kek. I guess the x68k port was better than perfect then?
>>
>>3237409
in modern respect no
but in the terminology then it was called arcade perfect
>along with Altered Beast
Not quite the same but virtually the same playability
>>
>>3233670
based strider
>>
>>3233670
I loved this and the genesis one. This is one of those exclusive titles that snes didn't have
>>
>>3242445

PC didn't have it either, we Sega fans were lucky!
>>
>>3234103
>Arcade

I was talking about Genesis.
>>
>>3233670
I like Strider because wrecking commies in their own backyard is fun.
>>
>>3233836
HOT OPINION
>>
>>3233836
>You just turn on Turbo
so you cheat

why not just skip to the end credits
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.