[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new Dreamcast Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot (3).png (563KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (3).png
563KB, 1366x768px
Hey /vr/, I know this isn't completely retro since it's a new game, but it's on a retro console (the dreamcast) and I know some of you guys will have interest in it.

A rail-shooter called Xenocider is in development for the dreamcast and is on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/retrosumus/xenocider-a-3d-shooter-for-pc-mac-linux-dreamcast/description It's also going to be on the PC for you master-race gamers. I wanted to share it since I want to see it get funded.
>>
New releases for retro consoles are allowed. Is the DC version the main project or a stretch goal?
>>
>>3232402
The dreamcast is what they keep talking about, so I think so. If it gets its goal and nothing more it's going to be on the Dreamcast, PC, and 3DS.
>>
EVERY. SINGLE. NEW. GAME for dreamcast is a fucking shooter.

lol.

>yo mang whats the least played genre by anyone that isnt a 50 year old galaga loving dweeb

>shooters mang, make another shooter dawg
>>
File: elysian-shadows-10-09-15-1.jpg (156KB, 1677x945px) Image search: [Google]
elysian-shadows-10-09-15-1.jpg
156KB, 1677x945px
>>3232395
I don't know man
The last guy who tried to make a game for dreamcast went batshit insane
>>
>>3232395
>kickstarter
Im good famalama ding dong
>>
>>3232419
Alright, I'll agree that there are too many FPS and TPS in the industry, but this is an on rails arcade-style shooter, it's a bit different.
>>
>>3232427
He did? Who was he and what game was he making?
>>
>>3232442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRR-qRGhaRU
Elysian Shadows
Nigga snapped pretty bad. I don't have them saved, but /v/ put together some caps of his social media posts; he just lashes out at everyone at this point
>>
>>3232462
Jesus christ, he's lost it. I guess the work load got to him, whatever the hell he was before.
>>
>>3232527
Stress is a helluva drug
>>
>>3232427
That's not the last Dreamcast game made. There's actually quite a few Dreamcast homebrew groups in operation right now. They just release games instead of acting like a douche so they're not nearly as well known.
>>
Shill your shit game elsewhere.
>>
>>3232395
This is just you shilling this stupid fucking rail shooter. You're probably the creator.
>>
>>3232419
This. I'd love a new game for the dreamcast that isn't a shootemup or rail shooter.

I want a new platformer
>>
>>3232462
>>3232527
>>3232530
He didn't lose it.

He got 185,000 dollars. The project was a scam job.
>>
>>3232678
I want someone to make a sequel to Elemental Gimmick Gear, without the 3D boss fights.

>>3232680
Eh, I'll take your word for it. I don't follow kikestarter shit
>>
>>3232776
I didn't follow it either, but I'm also not stupid enough to believe a totally normal person wants to develop a game gets 185,000 dollars and "goes insane from stress"
>>
File: 1460066857189.jpg (1MB, 770x3457px) Image search: [Google]
1460066857189.jpg
1MB, 770x3457px
>>3232427
>>
File: ShutTheFuckUp.png (391KB, 1302x1264px) Image search: [Google]
ShutTheFuckUp.png
391KB, 1302x1264px
>>3232427
>>3232442
>>3232462
>>3232680
>>
It's ironic that Falco Girgis himself is in this kickstarters vid endorsing the game because that's a direct sign that you SHOULD NOT back this kickstarter.
>>
>>3232427
to this day i am shocked that he managed to gather 185 thousand dollars for something that looked like a low-tier rpg maker game made by a teenager in a month, he shouldn't have received a single cent for what he was presenting
>>
>>3232419
Well there's that one god awful looking RPG made by the guy who got some sort of anal fungal infection.
>>
Dreamcast Is Still Alive!
>>
>>3234980
You should see Lisa. The setting was good, the concept was good, the writing was good, the story was good, but the gameplay of it was completely trash.

I've made tech demos with better challenge than that game. It would've been better as a VN or a miniseries.
>>
>>3232680
I don't believe that. People have scammed via Kikestarter before and put way less effort into making it look like things went awry.
look at this shit>>3234959
>>3234963
>>
>>3235276
>complete trash
It's servicable; plays like a FF6 clone, complete with Blitz commands. If you don't grind in the caves like a nerd and you do let both yourarms get taken, it's plenty challenging.
>>
>>3235452
No man, it's a scam. He's just playing it out. Everyone scams differently.
>>
>>3232462
Never trust a developer who can't whip together a prototype in the first couple of weeks. Seriously a lot of programmers will try to sell you on some grand engine they're working on, but it's a hell of a lot better if you flesh out the gameplay first and make sure it's fun with a prototype. Once it's all working well you'll have a much better grasp of how all the systems will work and from there reimplementing it properly is a breeze.
>>
>>3235486
He got 185,000 dollars. After taxes he probably pocketed about 120,000 dollars or more. He "went insane" after that, because he's a fucking actor who never intended to create what he promised. It's just classic bait and switch, vaporware bullshit. Kickstarter is a bunch of bullshit and rarely comes through. The site should just be shut down.
>>
>>3235501
This.
Any reasonably sane programmer who has good ideas should be able to ration out a years worth of work where he sits down on weekdays and works on the game from 9 to 5, using the 120,000~ dollars he made as his yearly fucking salary, far more than what 90% of Americans get.

Instead, he got stressed out and started faking this insanity shit and attacking people and doing generally retarded dysfunctional things that make it look like it was intended as a scam all along.

Even if he released it half-assed, he still would've fulfilled the kickstarter. Instead he didn't even want to do the work to release it half-assed, so he did this whole stunt of going crazy and probably spent the 120k on a house or car.
>>
>>3235486
>>3235501
>>3235507
The same shit happened with that YogsAdventures. They got like 500,000 dollars, divided it among the crew, and then just canceled the game and never offered refunds.
>>
Why does it have to be a shooter.

It's always a shooter.

I always get disappointed when someone mentions "OH MAN! SOMEONE IS MAKING A NEW GAME FOR THE DREAMCAST!", and surprise surprise.

It's a fucking shump.
>>
>>3235542
Easiest to make.
>>
>>3235542
At least this is a 3d rail shooter. Most of the previous ones have been standard 2d shmups.
>>
>>3235542
well there was vlogarr the viking
>>
>>3232462
>ayn rand t-shirt

of course
>>
I don't understand, why bother making a game for Dreamcast? Who the fuck still plays Dreamcast that games be made for it? Am I missing something?
>>
>>3236527
You can charge retards that collect games a premium when you make a console game.

>make it for steam: have to sell it for 2.99 at sale for anyone to buy it

>make it for console: comes with booklet and jewel case so retards will pay 50.00$USD for it
>>
These indie Kickstarter shillings are even worse when the game itself is pure shit.

There was one called Alice's Mom's Rescue which looked low effort even for an Android game but still got hyped because of the Dreamcast release. Another was Saber Rider, which not only looked complete crap but was one of the more expensive homebrew Kickstarters.

Elysian Shadows being an RPG was kind of interesting, but even when the Kickstarter launched they had nothing worthwhile to show despite having allegedly been working on it for years prior. There was an Ouya exclusive deal in there as well where they'd get an extra $100,000 if the Ouya version was out a month before the other platforms, but of course that's not going to happen either because Falco spent all the money and the game isn't in development any more. It looks like they're not even posting excuses any more.

Haven't really looked at Xenocider too much yet, but the fact it's cross platform and endorsed by Falco are big red flags. The target amount is high and I don't see them justifying that amount anywhere other than a vague "time and costs have been carefully calculated". The stretch goals are proof of this being a lie.

>we feel lack of communication with the same users who made your project possible is inexcusable

Unfortunate that this is a dig at Pier Solar and not Elysian Shadows who probably deserve it even more at this point.
>>
File: 2ldd9qg.png (323KB, 863x597px) Image search: [Google]
2ldd9qg.png
323KB, 863x597px
>>3236593
The company that made pier solar is publishing elysian shadows so it's a dig at both in a way.

Just like falco lies to his fans, watermelon has lied recently saying Sony cockblocked them out if vita devkits but forgot that a year ago they had posted pics of pier solar running on vita... vita fans are not happy about that blatant lie...

Also fun fact falco has been working on elysian for 9 years now, so pathetic. Apparently he has been working on a vmu emulator this past few months despite the game itself being half a year late already. It's like he's not even trying or giving a fuck at all. For an apology for not updating backers for 6 months he's going to release he development notebook that's just pages of his shitty code scribblings but he's now already late again on that update, which has has been promising over and over for months
>>
Any single perosn who has donated to these kikestarter projects deserved to be scammed.
>>
>>3232395
I love the novelty of playing a new dreamcast game, but the reality is that it can't possibly be better than just buying the game for pc. I love retro games and hardware but nostalgia only takes you so far.
>>
>>3234959
>>3234963
Never, ever, EVER trust an Italian with your money.

End of story.
>>
Lizard looks cool and it's being done by someone who's actually competent, despite being a Kickstarter project.

>>3234959
>>3234963
was a disaster, though.

Mixed feelings. It's hit and miss desu
>>
>>3234959
>>3234963
The worst part is that this game raised nearly 200k despite looking like something a child could make in RPGmaker.

Sure, it has some nice pixel art when it comes to cutscenes (or whatever they showed in the trailer) but the sprites are hideous. Why would you fund this? Teenagers have been making games like these for free for years, and now adults are trying to make money off of doing the same thing?

I get that you put a lot of time and effort into making your game (despite how crappy it looks). Indie game development is supposed to be a hobby and not a job, though.
>>
File: 15115061647_bfc762ffb5.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
15115061647_bfc762ffb5.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk
Falco payed his best friend 6 months kickstarter funded salary to come up with this.
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS POSSIBLE
1:45 is just mindblowingly bad.
>>
>>3237306
BEST LOOKING DREAMCAST GAME I'VE EVER SEEN
>>
>>3237306
Ugh it sounds like something that would only sound acceptable if it was played on a gameboy. Some of the songs sound ok, but others sounds like what a hipster who had never played a retro game in their life would imagine an 8-bit song to sound like.
>>
>>3237306
I don't know, you know, I mean, I came in late to the party but

this weird project might be the most obvious and transparent scam on kickstarter ever, or least top 3.
>>
I sure love kickstarter train wrecks. I could masturbate over them all day.
>>
>>3237306
>indie "devs"
>>
>>3237496
Well, they do post photos of how hard they are working in their updates regularly, and whine about how one of their staff recently left and took a whole goddamn server with him because he felt he was being mistreated.

It is very difficult to feel sorry for people who constantly complain about how hard they are working without actually being able to show any real progress, though. It might just mean they're incompetent. The problem is that they seem to think they're being paid for the effort, but that's not how game development works. Even if you spent thirty years working on the game of your dreams, if it's shit you don't deserve to get paid for thirty years worth of work. You get paid for how much people want to play your game.
>>
>looks like shit
>all those retards in the video
>$100k
>>
>>3237108
In that first image, in the screenshot with the rocks and lava, I'm 98% sure that the vertical rock wall tiles they're using are right out of RPGMaker XP.

The floor in the cathedral shot next to it looks awfully familiar too.
>>
>>3234963
>watermelon
>ever holding their promises
>>
>>3240524
I guess that's what you get for paying entitled millenials with no experience for a video game. Again, it's really baffling that people fall for this shit.

There are whiny or overly apologetic posts on why a project is taking a long time on things like fan translation websites as well, but at least they do it for free - they could take five years and the world would still be better off than if they'd never started in the first place. These people got 180k. What kind of penalties does Kickstarter have for failing to deliver on a promise? Do they need to refund part or all of the cash? I doubt it's the latter, but still.
>>
>>3242232
>Kickstarter
>Penalties
They may "investigate" you, but the most you'll get is banned from creating new campaigns. However, people have had some success suing kickstarters that were legitimately frauds. However, running out of money due to shitty budgeting/ underestimation/ stupidity isn't illegal. The only ones that have actually got sued are ones that flat out took the money and ran.
>>
So the only reason this is going to be on Dreamcast is for dem meme points, right?
>>
>>3242753
Yeah, it would be far more productive to just port it to Android or IOS, easier too.These kids don't even look old enough to have even had a dreamcast, their first console was probably 360.
>>
>>3242753
Some people just like developing for old consoles. Or do you think all romhacks and homebrews are just memes?
>>
>>3242764
It's a commercial product, you can't assume it's solely for fun that they are porting it to that system as a primary version. It's obviouslya novelty grab- which is perfectly fine- but as a consumer you need to see through this sort of bullshit.
>>
no OUYA no buy
>>
>>3242771
Does the Ouya even get games anymore? It seems to me the last few games to come out for the thing were late to market kickstarter games that had already promised a release.
>>
>>3242780
Elysian shadows
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.