[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romancing SaGa 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 34

File: Romance-Saga-2.jpg (120KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
Romance-Saga-2.jpg
120KB, 1200x627px
We finally have a release date for the English iOS/Android versions of Romancing SaGa 2. It'll be coming out May 26 for 17.99.

I'm pretty excited about giving a SaGa game an honest try. Anyone else planning to buy or obtain this game?
>>
>>3226916
Is that faggot working on the SNES version still or is he going to abandon it?
>>
Nice! I didn't even know about this. Thanks anon.
>>
File: RS3_Cast.png (2MB, 1000x880px) Image search: [Google]
RS3_Cast.png
2MB, 1000x880px
https://youtu.be/NKpyS4NPL8w

>>3226936
No prob. And the PR Twitter account also mentions opening a teaser site for Romancing SaGa 3, so it looks like we may have an official version of that coming soon as well.

https://twitter.com/Romasaga2_PR/status/733158190586552320?s=09
>>
>>3226916
im super pissed this isn't also on PS3/4/Vita in english too

i do NOT want to play this shit on a FUCKING PHONE
>>
Here's hoping someone takes the time to bring this translation over to the SFC version. I don't want to play this shit on a phone.
>>
>>3227970
>>3227980
Just playit on bluestacks if you're gonna bitch that hard.
>>
File: 2016-05-19-185653.jpg (161KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-19-185653.jpg
161KB, 960x544px
>>3226916
>17.99.
Oh, that's a good price, the Jap version is 2200 Yen, except for the Vita one which was 1800 for a month after the release.

I got myself the Vita Jap version, the game's good, they fixed a shit ton of bugs so the game finally plays like it was supposed to, items actually drops now, waza that were locked due to bugs can now be sparked, you don't get one shot by Tentacle attacks anymore, it's great.

Though I wouldn't reccomend to play RomaSaGa 2 as you first SaGa, it will probably really frustrate you unless you follow a guide, though they did add a few things for newcomer, you can now see the weight and Dark Score of your characters for instance, all the formations, Magic and Waza have now accurate descriptions of the effect and properties, unlike the SNES and Mobile versions, it makes the game much less cryptic for new players.

In any case, do get it if you want to support the series, Kawazu recently stated that he wants to work on an eventual RomaSaGa 3 remaster/remake and Scarlet Grace is also coming out this year, since many of you guys can't read moons you better show that you want the games to be localized.
>>
>>3228178
So wait, before item drops weren't a thing even though they were supposed to be? I know SaGa fans joke about all the bugs, but wow. Glad this version seems closer to what was originally planned.
>>
>>3228178
sounds promising
I really loved the gameplay in Minstrel Song so I'll definitely try this out
I wish all SaGa games would adopt the BP system
>>
>>3228681
>before item drops weren't a thing even though they were supposed to be

Due to a bug in the item drop calculations basically all item drops got demoted to rare drops, meaning you had something like 4% chances of getting ANYTHING, from potions to stuff like Cat's Eye.

The remaster fixes that and a lot of other problems, RomaSaGa 2 was ridden with a lot of bugs and the Item Drop one was perhaps the biggest offender since a lot of items like the Worm Slayer sword were supposed to be fairly easy to obtain and make the otherwise item barren midgame a bit less hard to get through, that and the Tentacle fix are the two big reasons why you wouldn't go back to the SNES version, unless you are a literal masochist who likes to get oneshot by mooks even on shield parries.

Some Waza also got a bugged negative flag, meaning you outright couldn't spark them unless you cheated, the Holy Mace built in Waza for instance can't be sparked in the SNES version unless you're playing as the Last Emperor and are currently using him as he's the only character that can spark that due to a bugand iirc the Great Sword 活人剣 waza also had a negative flag, I also believe the remaster made difficult or endgame waza less difficult to spark as I got 千手観音, Final Letter, Sky Drive and マキ割スペシャル with ease, though it might just be my impression.

I know I might seem biased, but with this remaster, you have little to no reasons to go back to the SNES version, unless you want to see for yourself how the original game was and the new backgrounds don't sit well with you, and this comes from someone who played through the SNES version more than ten times.
>>
File: Romancing-Saga-2_04-08-16_002.jpg (121KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Romancing-Saga-2_04-08-16_002.jpg
121KB, 800x450px
>>3228714
So in other words, if Gideon Zhi were to quit working on the Super Famicom patch, it wouldn't be a huge loss unless you're one of those people salty about the Vita port not coming to the west? Sounfs Sounds good to me!
>>
>>3229210
im salty because i want it on a fucking system!
there are tons of weeb shit on vita, a new square RPG that a ton of people haven't played would fit in fine.

can always hope though, even if its digital
>>
>>3228714
is there a change in the music like FF4 complete?
>>
File: 2016-04-17-140400.jpg (170KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-17-140400.jpg
170KB, 960x544px
>>3229210
>if Gideon Zhi were to quit working on the Super Famicom patch, it wouldn't be a huge loss
Considering he didn't update anything in like, 4 years or so it's safe to say we're not losing anything because there's nothing to lose to begin with.
But yeah, the translation also seem surprisingly solid for what little they showed, so it's a win/win situation if you ask me.
>>3229339
The music feels very high quality, I suppose they took the tracks from the Remastered album that came out some time ago, sounds better than the SNES though, that's for sure.
>>
>>3229210
I thought Gideon Zhi was more of a figure head over at Aeon Genesis these days, I don't even remember seeing his name credited in the last couple of releases beyond "project director" or something else that most likely just meant "oh, he's the head of the team so you have to give him a credit or he will get angry."
>>
>>3229810
>"oh, he's the head of the team so you have to give him a credit or he will get angry."
I can tell you will go far in your professional career
>>
>>3229768
there hasn't been an update on there site in a year, I have to wonder if they are even still active, honestly I hope Aeon Genesis is dead, all they did in the last few years was take up a bunch of translations, sit on them for ages, and then either come out with buggy/bad rushed translations when they realized they had to do something with them or just say "oh, we aren't going to do anything with this one after all... but no one else can do anything with it because we might at some point in the future" and then the fan translation scene just sits around defending them and yells at people that dare want to actually do a translation that might get done because they MIGHT translate it and Aeon Genesis is respected still for some unknown reason.
>>
>>3229820
Gideon Zhi plz go
>>
>>3229841
>there
I meant their of course
I can't believe I did that..
>>
>>3229841
There's nothing wrong with working with a bunch of half-ass projects at once, their mistake was getting angry when someone steps in to actually finish their work.
>>
>>3229820
I don't see how pointing out that a title is only there for formality's sake in a humorous manner would have any impact on my "professional career".
>>
>>3229854
>There's nothing wrong with working with a bunch of half-ass projects at once
there is if you actually want quality translations. Also, really what gets more more than Aeon Genesis themselves is that the fan translation community always blindly sticks up for them not matter what. If you dare even insinute that the aren't as good as they used to be, or some one else should finish/retranslate one of their translations the fan translation community goes apeshit.
>>
>>3228178
>>3229768
Is this going to get localized on Vita?
>>
>>3229883
No, mobile only for western release, both mobile and Vita in Japan.
>>
File: 2016-05-08-154156.jpg (141KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-08-154156.jpg
141KB, 960x544px
>>3229810
>I thought Gideon Zhi was more of a figure head over at Aeon Genesis these days
All of the works passed through him, when he wasn't directly translating he supervised the projects and always checked if the translations were good and up to his
>>3229854
>There's nothing wrong with working with a bunch of half-ass projects at once
standards.
Actually that's precisely the reason why they're in the situation they're in now, they simply bit way more off than they can chew and worked on too many stuff at once, often underestimating the amount of work they had to do, see the SRW@ blunder.
The fact that they got a bit over their head as you said was just the final nail in the coffin, besides, they did fuck up a number of times by making real bad decisions, I think Gideon is honestly burnt out, he has a full time work now and translations were just a hobby for him, I honestly don't think we'll see much out of their "incoming" project, SRW@ was bound to come out, eh, ten years ago at this point? and Romancing SaGa 2's last update was in 2012 if I'm not mistaken.
>>3229883
Vita version is JP only, it's not a huge loss though, the phone version runs better, shorter loading times and better resolution, the Vita version stretches the original resolution too much and you can really see it sometimes, there's also a few graphical bugs in certain enemies' formations, like pic related, it's quite obvious the game was made to run on smartphones to begin with and made a port because Kawazu either really likes the Vita or wants to troll Nintendo, or both.
>>
>>3230936
>Kawazu either really likes the Vita or wants to troll Nintendo, or both.
FUCKING MADMAN.
>>
On a side note, if any of you guysare wondering the new stuff added in the Remaster is:

>Previous contents of the old Mobile version, that is to say the Kunoichi and Onmyoji classes, Dread Queen event and a new Dungeon in South Rongit

>Extra Dungeon in South Rongit with four different subdungeons inside, Kunoichi and Onmyoji classes are recruitable in here, you can also get extra formation and loot

Unique to this remaster are:

>Viktor extra event in the last generation

>Avalon's Garden, a tree grows here and gives you extra money income, perhaps also something else, but I haven't maxed it yet. the tree grows with as you enter battles, much like the Battle Rank, it also grows some golden apples but I still haven't maxed it out so I don't know if they're some new item or just a decoration. Like all facilities you first have to pay for it.

>A scale has been put in the treasury so you can see each character's weight

>A machine has been put in the Magic Research facility so you can see each character's Dark Score

>Formations are now fully and carefully explained in game

>All commands have now a description which include targetting type, damage type and effects such as embedded buffs/debuffs/Status Effects

>The Cat's event roof map in Avalon has been changed into something more simple

>Some enemies are now animated, that includes all of the Seven Heroes and a few others like the Hydra, some dragons like the Water Dragon, Giant enemies and ogres.

>New Game+ option in which you can carry on proficiency levels and items

>Imperial Chronicle function registers all the events in the game and offers a short plot recap of any and all completed events in the game, including blacksmiths' inventions.

I think that's all the stuff that has been added or changed in the game
>>
>>3228178
>since many of you guys can't read moons you better show that you want the games to be localized
Main reason I'm buying it. I hope it does well enough to warrant a Scarlet Grace localization, as slim as it maybe.
>>
>>3231014
Well, the Scarlet Grace trademark has already been registered in Europe some time ago, I suppose they also registered it in America some time after it, or maybe it was the contrary? It's been a while since I've read it.

They're probably going to get a feel on how the fanbase is doing in the west, localizing a mobile phone port of a SNES game isn't going to cost much so it's a good opportunity for them, maybe they're also in on the retro craze trend of the last years and want to see how much they could get by publishing the missing games of the series, who knows.

At the end of the day, money speaks better than any internet petition, I'm still surprised they pulled off something like this since they didn't bother localizing the DS remakes for some strange reason, but I believe it's a good chance to show them that there is indeed a fanbase here, some of us don't give a damn about the umpteenth Final Fantasy game or spinoff and want the other old series like Seiken Densetsu and SaGa.

Also, if the translation is as good as it seems from the promotional screenshots that also means we'll get a decently translated version of RomaSaGa 3 so people can finally ditch Manasword's horrible mess, though that would also mean not playing with all the modded content from the SNES ROM.
>>
>>3228178
>since many of you guys can't read moons you better show that you want the games to be localized
not on mobile. no. sorry.
>>
>>3231049
I really don't get this prejudice of yours about mobile, but whatever, to each his own.
>>
>>3230936
I don't want to play Romancing Saga on my phone though, fuck touch screen controls. Plus the Vita feels sexier to hold.
>>
This is the first thing I have been interested in playing on mobile simply because it is a game I have always wanted to play from a series I love which has never been fully translated. So I am hype and definitely want to purchase this. Have they posted minimum requirements to run this yet? Would my Galaxy S5 run it ok?
>>
>>3231742
>Would my Galaxy S5 run it ok?

Yeah.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.romancingsaga2_jp
>>
File: 10076[1].png (17KB, 148x125px) Image search: [Google]
10076[1].png
17KB, 148x125px
Do you guys know if the Final Emperors have some kind of canon name?
>>
File: 32148667_p0.jpg (307KB, 715x936px) Image search: [Google]
32148667_p0.jpg
307KB, 715x936px
>>3232143
No canon names, you can go wild.
>>
Are the GB games the only ones with monsters/robots? I really likes that aspect but when I looked at the PS versions it seemed there were only humans.
>>
>>3232643
There's a bunch of playable robots in SaGa Frontier.
>>
Fuck I'm so hype for this. I don't even care that it's a phone version, I'm just glad we're getting it at all. I guess a big company like SE can easily localize something like this at very low cost.
>>
>>3232797

Do they have that mechanic where you can transform them using parts?
>>
>>3232819
> I don't even care that it's a phone version
Cancer detected.
>>
>>3233073

>hurr fucking durr if it's not on my favorite platform I'd rather it didn't exist at all

The type of absolute faggot that can't stand to play a good game if it's not on their console of choice is worse than any other type of faggot.
>>
>>3233080
Playing on mobile is only contributing to the cancer. Don't fall for the jew Square Enix meme, faggot.
>>
>>3233083

>don't support the localization! i hate it when games are localized!
>MUH JEWS!

Literally fucking kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>3233090
You're the reason why no Square Enix game will get localized for the Vita. Hang yourself.
>>
>>3233097

>vitafag

Like fucking clockwork. Embarrassing.

>"We'll show them how bad we want their games by not buying them!"
>>
>>3233103
Better to be a Vitafag than a mobileshitter.
>m-muh touch screen controls are good I swear!
You're also the reason Square turned to fucking garbage. You killed Mana.
>>
>>3233106

Mana has been dead for several generations now. Just because it got a mobile version or whatever the fuck else doesn't mean it was ever not dead. I can understand getting asshurt over a dead franchise getting a "new game" on mobile, but when a dead franchise gets a mobile port made available, especially in a country that it's never been accessible to, anybody who actually likes games at all would be happy. And touch controls are absolutely fine for something as slow-paced as a JRPG.
>>
>>3233114
Except a translation has existed for ages now.
There's no reason to purchase the shitty mobile port, at all.
>>
>>3233123

>translation of Romancing Saga 2

That's simply not correct. There's a patch for Romancing Saga 1 and 3, but not 2, or if there is it's a shitty half-done piece of garbage. Additionally, as has been stated several times in this thread, there are a bunch of new features and bug fixes that make this the definitive version.
>>
>>3233127
>definitive
>mobile
This won't be good at all.
>>
>>3233129

Why not? Literally all you can do is repeat "muh touch controls" over and over.
>>
>>3233063
If you mean stats change depending on equipment then yes. There are several robot body types that effect the base stat and some come with certain skills iirc. One of the stories has a robot that can change to other body types.
>>
File: card_l_13.jpg (95KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
card_l_13.jpg
95KB, 640x852px
>>3232643
SaGa Frontier has quite a few robot party members, they work almost exactly as the robots in the GB games, but you can only change bodies on T260G and you must play as him/it if you want to do that.
RomaSaGa 2 has Coppelia, which is an automaton with a kind of interesting gimmick, but she/it doesn't work like robots in the other games, rather, you can't control her, she is completely autonomous, and she also has 99 LP.

Also, threadly reminder to ignore and report the mobileshitter, he doesn't want to talk about the games, he just wants to ruin the threads with his endless bitching.
>>
>>3226916
>or obtain
I don't even know where to find those except on a particular torrent site and they're so inconsistent about which games they put up.
>>
>>3233786
>Also, threadly reminder to ignore and report the mobileshitter, he doesn't want to talk about the games, he just wants to ruin the threads with his endless bitching.
I can confirm that it's more than one person, smart phones are not an acceptable platform for gaming.
>>
Just get a Nexus Player for $50. SE is making the majority of their games Android TV compatible. Adventures of Mana showed up in the store for me in little under a week's time. Or use Bluestacks. I don't care if a game's getting released on Android.

Hell, use Remix OS, even.
>>
>>3228178
I'll probably pick this up to show support for the series and hopefully help 3 get remastered.
I do wish I could use my card on the Sony store, and not have to bother with all the buying credit nonsense.
>>
>>3234427
>I do wish I could use my card on the Sony store

Considering Sony's managing of private data and the security of their servers I do not think it would be a good idea.

Besides, buying a JP PSN card isn't a problem, just a go on Playasia and grab one code, easy, fast and clean, that's what I always do when I buy from PSN.
>>
File: 61HfP7Jv3vL._SX425_.jpg (30KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
61HfP7Jv3vL._SX425_.jpg
30KB, 425x425px
>Bitching about a port of a classic game that's never come out in the West just because on mobile
>When everyone and their momma has a phone
>for a Turn-based menu styled jrpg
>That has less bugs and more features than the original
>And runs better than it did when it was on the Vita in Japan

Why are Vita fags so consistently autistic? Don't get me wrong, mobile gaming has a crapton of issues, but this isn't some free to play Gatcha game, its an improved version of an older traditional game. "Oh no, navigating menus with a touchscreen is so hard on mobile, a style of computing that always has you navigating menus with your touchscreen!"

If it bothers you that much then bluestacks it and be done with it.
>>
>>3234686
It feels nicer to play on Vita though. Ever owned one?
>>
>>3234687
The issue is more people complaining about us getting a game that we've never had before. If you want it on the Vita so bad, learn moon and buy that version.

I don't have or want a Vita so I don't give a shit.
>>
>>3234686
>>When everyone and their momma has a phone
Implying my phone wasn't picked because "Look faggot, I just want texts and calls."
>>
>>3234731
I don't know why people are so anti smartphone.

It's a fucking multitool that fits in your pocket.
>>
>>3234746
People don't want phones that die in 10 hours, straight and simple.
>>
>>3234686
I don't have a phone and i'm not gonna buy one just to play one game.
>>
File: 2016-05-19-190427.jpg (168KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-19-190427.jpg
168KB, 960x544px
>>3234686
>Why are Vita fags so consistently autistic?

Hey, don't lump me in with a moron who still hasn't learned Japanese and is surprised they don't port the game for a platform that is on life support in the west.

I love my Vita but if I didn't have one I'd get it on Bluestacks.
>>
>>3226916
>iOS/Android

Nope.

you faggots should hang yourselves for buying this shit.
>>
>>3235095
this
>>3234887
>learning a dead language
>>
>>3235103
if the language is so dead why are they releasing games you want to play in said language

>>3235095
nah, i'll just enjoy romancing saga 2 while you sit there mad about it
>>
>>3235113
The Japanese are dying. Stop deluding yourself.
>>
File: Aniki isn't pleased.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Aniki isn't pleased.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>3235103
>>learning a dead language

Better to learn a "dead" language than being a stupid EOP with no games.

Oh wait, you're actually a stupid EOP that doesn't even play the games he wants because muh mobile ports meme.

So who wins here friendo?

You can't play the SNES version because you don't know japanese, the remaster gets ported and you still won't play it because waaaaaaaaah it's android/iOS, fuck off, you were never even interested in the game to begin with you delusional, entitled little shit.
>>
>this discussion

Literally no difference between /v/ and /vr/.
Even the "sonygger" and "EOP" shit is identical.
>>
>>3235210
Fuck off.

I'm tired of listening to the same fucking morons bitching EVERY FUCKING THREAD about the game being on mobile and complaining about other people actually playing the fucking game.

It's a fucking miracle this is even getting ported in the west with a seemingly decent translation and they STILL complain about it, beggars can't be choosers, they've had years to learn at least basic grammar to play through the SNES original game, they didn't want to invest time in a "dead language" even though they knew full well Gideon would have never finished the project, now a literal miracle happens and yet they still bitch about it.

Those people are /v/, and they deserve to be treated as the /v/ trash they are, they don't want to play the game even when you put it in front of them on a silver platter, they don't deserve anything.
>>
File: 1114966-sagaboxart.jpg (75KB, 544x640px) Image search: [Google]
1114966-sagaboxart.jpg
75KB, 544x640px
>>3235291
As long as future threads from people actually playing the game don't get littered and derailed with bitching from bitter anonfags like >>3235095 ...

...eh, who am I kidding. It's inevitable, isn't it.

On another note, I've been playing The Final Fantasy Legend/ SaGa during down time at work. I'm already almost done with the 2nd world. I've started and stopped this game a few times over the past few years and it was also one of the first rpgs I ever played. I'd really like to finish it for good this time.

And wow at the original Japanese cover. It's too bad it wasn't what America got. Maybe they thought people wouldn't associate monsters and machine guns with a turn based RPG? It's a shame since the crazy fusion of settings is a unique point for the game.
>>
>>3235471

Once the game is actually released, there'll probably be more anons actually talking about it, ideally enough to drown out the whiners.

Anyway, SaGa is a pretty great game. It's fairly bare bones and a little bug and imbalanced, but it's definitely a great little portable JRPG. The second title is even better, but it can be a little ball-busting at times. Really enjoyed how customizable it is.
>>
>>3235471
Well, actually the american art direction changed quite a lot of things for the first trilogy, can't say I like it, SaGa 3's american Borgin though, can't get enough of him.

The first game was pretty unique for its time in terms of setting, I really like it, but I'm also a fan of Hideki Kikuchi's idea of cyberpunk+fantasy elements which is what inspired SaGa's setting, so I'm pretty biased.

It's a pity they dropped the idea since Frontier, there's nothing quite like it.
>>
File: 1417216654880.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1417216654880.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>going blow for blow with a powerful enemy
>barely hanging on
>character sparks a powerful new move and finishes it off
>>
File: Ploploploplo-Pling!.jpg (12KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
Ploploploplo-Pling!.jpg
12KB, 580x435px
>>3235551
>>
>>3235471
It's a shame that when the games came out they didn't think that America would buy it unless it was a Final Fantasy game. Because even as I love FF, SaGa 1 doesn't deserve to be called FF.

It's also my favorite SaGa game, which may have a bit to do with it being a stone's throw away from a traditional JRPG.
>>
>>3234746
People don't want to carry little neutered PCs in their pocket filled with buggy software and sensitive information with poor security. The inputs are fucking horrible for accuracy and speed, your finger covers up and smudges the screen, and everything that's made on them has this horrible glossy look and flash animation type slip and slidey quality to it.

They're not gonna make it look good like Unlimited (which would actually be the perfect mobile SaGa if such a thing were in any way acceptable), but they refuse to let it keep it's original resolution and butcher the aesthetic by trying to reuse and upscale graphics instead of redrawing everything at a consistent value.

>>3234887
This shit where the menu buttons and text and sprites and backgrounds are all at different levels of detail just burns my fucking buns
>>
File: 1395584062171.jpg (63KB, 1040x713px) Image search: [Google]
1395584062171.jpg
63KB, 1040x713px
>>3236490

>people don't want to carry little neutered PCs in their pocket
>>
>>3235510
>>3235471
>hurr durr we're so cool and detached because we accept getting ugly mobile ports of games and fill Squeenixes pockets for them

Kill yourselves fan
>>
>>3236490
>People don't want to carry little neutered PCs in their pocket
except for the millions of people that do worldwide

>>3236574
Okay, m8, you don't want it. We get it. Learn Japanese or leave.
>>
>>3236574

Imagine hating video games as much as this fag.
>>
>>3236429
>which may have a bit to do with it being a stone's throw away from a traditional JRPG.

To be fair, we all know that SaGa's dad was Final Fantasy II, the first SaGa basically elaborated on that adding tons of shit like permadeath, weapon durability and non linear growth and ability learning, then Kawazu went a bit deeper with the SNES trilogy introducing multiple main characters with their own unique quests, non linearity, sparking skills etc.

If you ask me, SaGa's greatest strength was that it wasn't just a throwaway from the classic DQ or FF formula, it was also a return to the classic roots of the genre, that's why it managed to catch the attention of many people even in the west, it's still one of the few series where rolls actually mean something and the freedom in exploration and taking quests is also balanced by stuff like the Battle Rank, spark tables and more, and let's not forget Unlimited which is possibly one of the best tabletop inspired videogames that were ever created.

What makes people still play SaGa after more than twenty years is that while certainly exotic and maybe not as "polished" as other RPGs it has extreme replayability, bigger focus on gameplay than most other games and it's the perfect blend of japanese and western RPGs, and let's not forget the great settings of games ike the first trilogy and the Frontier games.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Kawazu decided to keep on working on mainline FF, who knows how different things would be for that series and how that would have shaped the market.
>>
Can't wait to grab the .apk
>>
>>3238797
Wonder how long it will be until someone uploads it.
I don't even know if there a JP one around.
>>
Probably a super long shot but, does anyonr here have the apk for the japanese version? Thanks
>>
>>3239546
Try this.

http://apkgamesworld.com/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0-%E3%82%B5%E3%82%AC%EF%BC%92-apk-obb-1-0/
>>
File: 1458214424782.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
1458214424782.png
191KB, 419x398px
>>3236490
>People don't want to carry little neutered PCs
Yeah, the smart phone would never take off.
>>
File: final fantasy legend I.jpg (107KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy legend I.jpg
107KB, 538x538px
>>3235471
While it is bad ass I do like the simplicity of the American cover. Helmet, sword, a key, and a ray of light. It got the point across. I actually got drawn to the series due to the direct box art, it caught my eye.
>>
>>3234686
I don't want to play games on my phone. I don't like touch controls at all and sprite based games always look like shit on smartphones. Like the graphics aren't scaled right or something.

I'd rather not support games on smartphones at all than make an exception for a series I like. If SE wants my money, throw it on another platform in English.
>>
File: 1421949637757.jpg (138KB, 485x476px) Image search: [Google]
1421949637757.jpg
138KB, 485x476px
>>3239594
>Be 6
>See FFL cover
>Wow, cool, a swords and sorcery RPG
>Play game
>Robots
>Chainsaws
>Japanese demons
>Literal nukes
>>
File: rs2an.jpg (507KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
rs2an.jpg
507KB, 3264x2448px
>>3239595
>I don't like touch controls

Me neither. Fortunately, there's alternatives.
Hell, you can even stream to your PC/TV if your phone screen too small.
>>
File: RoSa2 Gerard manned the fuck up.jpg (2MB, 1298x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RoSa2 Gerard manned the fuck up.jpg
2MB, 1298x1600px
>>3239773
>That Gerard

Romancing/10
>>
File: Final-Fantasy-V-PC-4-1280x768.jpg (321KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-V-PC-4-1280x768.jpg
321KB, 1280x768px
>>3239595
Would "throwing it on another platform" even solve the issues concerning scaling? The poor performance of the Vita version implies that the Vita version is a part of the original mobile version. And of course if a version is made for PC then that would definitely be a port of the mobile version, just like FF3-6 was.
>>
Did they fix the "bug character" trick in the remake?
Getting normally unobtainable characters sounds kind of fun.
>>
>>3239553
All of the links just takes you to the Google Play page to purchase it
>>
>>3239819
>Would "throwing it on another platform" even solve the issues concerning scaling?

Of course not, it's not like image format magically changes depending on the hardware it runs on.

>And of course if a version is made for PC then that would definitely be a port of the mobile version
This.

Some people are delusional enough to think that they would have done anything else than a cheap mobile port out of this, at the very least everything but the menus, the backgrounds and 90% of enemies are the original sprites, albeit upscaled.

Besides, this was a remaster, not a remake, it was obvious it was going to come out on mobile, especially when they are still working on Scarlet Grace, this was made to fill the time waiting for Scarlet Grace and little else, Squeenix will never, ever give Kawazu enough money for his titles, epecially since they don't have the Final Fantasy name.

If they'll ever port it to Steam or whatever it will be the exact same game, but even more upscaled, and good luck with that.

So, for the last time, either learn japanese and play through the original, buggier SNES release on a CRT or stop complaining about obvious shit.

>>3239846

I didn't look around too much but last time I checked the only bugs that were found were graphical only, namely a few enemy formations and some other graphical bugs regarding spells like the upgraded Fireball being glitchy if used on far right rows of enemies, which I guess also confirms my hunch on the game being the SNES ROM using new assets.
Then again, I haven't been following the 2ch threads, people there have probably experimented a lot already, considering the game's been out for a month now.
>>
>>3239773
I'm not going to connect a wonky-ass controller to my phone, and streaming to anything for gameplay is ass.

>>3239819
>Would "throwing it on another platform" even solve the issues concerning scaling?
Lock it to one resolution and fix the performance issues. I don't care if it's for the Vita or whatever, I'm just not going to support phone games. I don't care about alternative means to play them. I'd rather this fucking tanked and we didn't get any more SaGa games in the west than get them on phone platforms.
>>
>>3240453
You can also use a PS3/4 controller w/ bluetooth.
>>
>>3240458
That's kind of what I'm saying, though. Then you either need to prop your phone up, or get some kind of oversized plastic case for your phone to hold the controller in place while you use it like a portable.

I currently don't have windows installed, but I might throw a VM on with bluestacks or some other shit and see how the apk works out first to give it a shot. I just don't like games moving to phones or phone platforms.
>>
>>3239594
I remember how I first found the game. It was in the bottom of a drawer in my house. Nobody in my family seemed to know how it got there. It looked so simple that I thought it would be boring, but once I started it up, I played it constantly for days.

Thanks, mysterious video-game-dropping-burglar.
>>
File: RomaSaGa2-ddd145.png (719KB, 579x799px) Image search: [Google]
RomaSaGa2-ddd145.png
719KB, 579x799px
I've been reading about this game and, from what I understood, all the characters you can recruit (except for a few Princes, Emperors, and a mechanical doll), are just generics with slightly different stats and varying palettes? Do they have personalities at all?

I don't know man, sounds like a major step down from the first game if that's the case.
>>
>>3226916
I'm still salty over it being on fucking phones instead of, oh, I don't know, a real fucking console?
>>
>>3240592
Honestly, I feel like the villains in RS2 are the main characters, even though you're the protagonist.
>>
TOMORROW
>>
>>3240453

>I'd rather this fucking tanked and we didn't get any more SaGa games in the west

>>>/v/
>>
>>3241762
Are you even seeing any more SaGa games in the east you fucking mong?
>>
>>3241768

I'm tired of repeating the same argument in this thread over and over.

>he doesn't even know that there's literally a new SaGa game coming out this year

Seriously fuck off back to your epic "we hate video games and want them to fail" board.
>>
>>3241762
Sorry I don't support shit platforms and settle for a bad situation because I like a series. You enjoy eating that shit blindly.
>>
>>3241790
>>he doesn't even know that there's literally a new SaGa game coming out this year
>on the vita
because what we needed was even more of a fucking visual novel than unlimited was
>>
>>3240592
>Do they have personalities at all?

Of course, all classes have a character archetype and "main character" that serves to introduce them, Cat for instance is the main character for City Thieves together with Crow, Karl serves as template for the Martial Artists, Sophia and Georg for the Holy Order etc. All classes have a storyline in which they all interact with you, and you have to complete that storyline(and get the right ending) for them to join you.

Most classes also have different speech patterns, Female city thieves don't speak like Amazons, Male Free Mages don't speak like Hunters, and only certain classes or genders can trigger certain events or even ways to complete a quest.

>>3240842
>I feel like the villains in RS2 are the main characters, even though you're the protagonist.

Kind of, mostly because you don't really know why the Seven Heroes returned and are now the "bad guys", the game is definitely character driven, you mostly go around the world and help people fight against the Seven Heroes, and of course ineract with the Seven Heroes yourself, Noel, Rocbouquet and Wagnas are involved particularly interesting storylines, and of course Kujinshi.

But still, there's also supporting cast characters like Sekishusei, Hiraga, the Sea Lord, Zamza and Oaive, the magician of Komulune...

But anyway, you'll see for yourself tomorrow, I could post for hours trying to explain the game, but honestly, I didn't get the hype either back when I didn't play it, no matter how much people told me about it.

>>3241961

>because what we needed was even more of a fucking visual novel than unlimited was
Look, we understand you don't like this series, do you want to be reported that bad?
Fuck off once and for all you fucking moron, nobody knows anything about Scarlet and Unlimited was a fucking amazing game.

Fuck off.
>>
>>3242096
>>because what we needed was even more of a fucking visual novel than unlimited was
>Look, we understand you don't like this series, do you want to be reported that bad?
>Fuck off once and for all you fucking moron, nobody knows anything about Scarlet and Unlimited was a fucking amazing game.
>Fuck off.
I've played every installment of this series to completion several times.

That doesn't mean I have any faith in this industry or the company that owns the rights to this series now.

My love is not blind or naive. I'm not gonna jump up just for the chance to get cucked
>>
File: 1401346858434.gif (955KB, 316x200px) Image search: [Google]
1401346858434.gif
955KB, 316x200px
>>3242128
>I've played every installment of this series to completion several times.

Oh really? Then why are you complaining about this remaster if you have already played the original game?

I don't think you've played either Emperor or Imperial either, but then again, mobile games don't count amirite?

>I'm not gonna jump up just for the chance to get cucked
>Cuck meme
>Missing the only opportunity to let Squeenix know the west wants SaGa games
>When we're in the middle of the 25th anniversary
>When Scarlet is going to come out soon

Yeah, confirmed for hypocritical /v/ermin shitposter.

>>>/v/

You don't care about the series, you're one of those entitled faggots that only care about graphics and which platform the game is on, regardless of it being a good game or not, go play Final Fantasy, that panders more to your taste.
>>
>>3242152
>I don't think you've played either Emperor or Imperial either, but then again, mobile games don't count amirite?
correct

>Oh really? Then why are you complaining about this remaster if you have already played the original game?
literally just because it offends me personally as an artist and a teacher

it's shoddy work that shouldn't get a pass, and that's a shame, because the original is a masterpiece

>>Cuck meme
>>Missing the only opportunity to let Squeenix know the west wants SaGa games

You get cucked because you don't understand that women will abandon you once they already have what they want. Square knows that SaGa fans will always buy SaGa games because they are literally the exact same fans another ten years older. What you need to do is teach that bitch a lesson now that she thinks she can just put on weight and stop wearing make up, but I have a feeling you'll never stop worshiping her porcine thighs, even when it's just another fat otaku wearing her face as a mask while the same dad tells him how to do it like she did before going back to jack off over his own work.

I only loved her when she was beautiful.
>>
>>3242152
not even the guy you were replying to but

>Then why are you complaining about this remaster if you have already played the original game?
It's pretty obvious, you retard. We want it on a better platform than phones and won't support phone releases.

>mobile games don't count amirite?
Exactly. I'd rather they not than have a series I like go down that path.
>>
>>3242170
>literally just because it offends me personally as an artist and a teacher

Then I guess you should check that common sense of yours because there was no way it would have been anything else, Squenix only cares about their Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games, and this has been pretty evident since a decade or so, but keep living in your delusionary bubble.

>because the original is a masterpiece

The original was also a bug ridden mess with so so graphics outside of character sprites, playing a version that actually works as it was supposed to while keeping the game the same outside of some extra content makes it very worth to me, graphics be damned.

>What you need to do is teach that bitch a lesson

You're delusional, if a game doesn't sell after more than a decade they don't make any more titles, the only reason SaGa is alive is precisely because it has a solid fanbase and because Kawazu is one of the last senior members of the company.

>I only loved her when she was beautiful.

Tells a lot about your kind really, not a surprise you're a cuckposter.

>>3242171
>We want it on a better platform than phones and won't support phone releases.

Buy the Vita version then, oh wait, it's in japanese.

>I'd rather they not than have a series I like go down that path.

You must be really happy then since 90% of the classic series that are still alive have mobile spinoffs. If you can't realize the market has changed it's your own problem, and I don't see what does that have to do with a mobile port of a SNES game which doesn't alter anything but backgrounds and menu layouts, it even has better audio quality than the original one and a shitton of bugfixes.

Then again, it's quite clear you're that kind of people who only cares about graphics and the mobile meme.

You're pathetic really, you're complaining about something that was so painfully obvious since years but haven't worked on at least trying to minimize the damage.
>>
>>3242191
>Buy the Vita version then
Shoddy version with slowdowns. I want a respectful, well done version from the ground up.

>If you can't realize the market has changed it's your own problem
I see that the market has changed. I'm just not going to support it.

>Then again, it's quite clear you're that kind of people who only cares about graphics and the mobile meme.
Because I feel a series I like deserves more than half-assed shat out port on cell phones?

And it's not a meme. I don't like touch screen graphics, I don't like awkwardly hooking a controller up to my phone or using bluetooth while propping it up somewhere, and I don't like my shit breaking because square doesn't support their games after an android update.

There are solutions like bluestacks or more gaming focused devices like the shield, but those don't really differentiate to square the difference between supporting the game on another more viable platform and supporting it on the phone, so I'd still rather not use them.

You're taking some moral highground on this, but that doesn't mean I agree. I'd rather the series crash and burn than see it continue down this path just like I said in my original post. It's a better end for it and video games in general.

Also, why do you keep complaining about graphics like that's relevant to my points? Are you so mad that you need to invent points in order to better suit your argument?
>>
>>3242201
>I want a respectful, well done version from the ground up.

Keep dreaming. It's a miracle the series is still alive and relevant, I don't think we'll get anything more after Scarlet's out, maybe one new game and another remake, but the series' not gonna last much, so for what it's worth I'll support it.

>You're taking some moral highground on this

No, I'm only telling you that you're deluded and closed in your little boogeyman bubble, you have an extremely naive idea of how the whole game industry works at your age, you think that supporting a SNES remaster on mobile platforms means dooming an entire franchise to be relegated to mobile forever, which isn't the case, otherwise FF would be mobile only, and FF or DQ have a much, much bigger fanbase than SaGa.

Emperors came out before the DS remakes of SaGa 2 and 3, Scarlet Grace is coming out on the Vita even though Imperial came out before it, same with all other RPG series, big or small, Metal Max, which is even more niche than SaGa got a mobile game and made a 3DS game, SRW already had mobile games since years and it's still making titles on PS3, 3DS and Vita and it sells barely 100K units on average.

>I'd rather the series crash and burn than see it continue down this path

And I was the one taking a moral highground? Please, I'd rather keep the series alive as long as possible, I'd rather make them know that people still play those games, you know that developers actually read what people write on the internet do you? Do you really think that they're so moronic to only make shitty games for mobile because they sell? Not to mention that there are pretty good mobile games anyway, not like you'd know, after all the platform makes the game for you.

>why do you keep complaining about graphics like that's relevant to my points?

Because that's literally the only vaguely valid point you have, since having extensive bugfixes and better audio but new backgrounds is a half-assed port to you.
>>
>>3242250
>you think that supporting a SNES remaster on mobile platforms means dooming an entire franchise to be relegated to mobile
No I don't. I just don't want any support for phones or phone games, and I don't want game companies to get the message to keep releasing games on phones.

> I'd rather keep the series alive as long as possible
On a shitty platform.

>after all the platform makes the game for you.
Only on phones because I hate the control style and setup for it, which I already explained. Same reason I didn't support the Wii or the WiiU despite it having games I was interested in. The platform can greatly impact how the game is received and played.

>Because that's literally the only vaguely valid point you have
No, phones are inconvenient and garbage platforms. Nothing will change my opinion on that. Shitting out mobile ports on it to make a quick buck because your average consumer is willing to each shit doesn't appeal to me and isn't what I want the developer to do.

Sorry, pal.
>>
>>3242260
>and I don't want game companies to get the message to keep releasing games on phones.

There you go again, companies will keep releasing games on mobile platforms such as phones or tablets or make web browser games because it's convenient, by not buying the game you're telling them you don't want that game altogether, phone or not, which is exactly the problem with this series and even more relevant now.

They evidently localized the game to see whether there's still market for the series here, that's why I'm telling you that IF you care about the series you SHOULD buy it, especially with a new mainline game coming out this year, but whatever, you do what you want, I know enough japanese to not care about localized games so it's not my problem to begin with.

>On a shitty platform.
So the platform makes the game now?

>Only on phones because I hate the control style and setup for it, which I already explained.

And you've already been told time and again in this thread. Play it on bluestacks, buy a controller, learn japanese and play it on the Vita, there's plenty of alternative, but no, you just keep ignoring them like they don't exist.
All those things have been made specifically because of those complaints.

And let me break it to you, any and all platforms are inherently shit, consoles are locked boxes with inferior specs, PCs need to be upgraded to keep up with the release of new games and a lot of games still run like shit on launch, handhelds have subpar battery life, phones and tablets have shitty controls and suffer the most from shovelware, but what makes a game good isn't the platform, it's the game itself, that's why I bought a DS for the SaGa remakes back in the days, even though I don't like Nintendo, even though they looked like shit and the DS had terrible resolution, but the games themselves were good, I had so much fun that at the end of the day I didn't care about the graphics or the terrible DS screens.
>>
>>3242304

>>3242304
>There you go again, companies will keep releasing games on mobile platforms such as phones or tablets or make web browser games because it's convenient, by not buying the game you're telling them you don't want that game altogether, phone or not
Exactly. Because I'd rather not have it than have it on a phone.

>Play it on bluestacks, buy a controller, learn japanese and play it on the Vita, there's plenty of alternative, but no, you just keep ignoring them like they don't exist.
Because the alternatives are all shit, too, and help endorse the idea that I want games on mobile platforms due to alternatives.

>And let me break it to you, any and all platforms are inherently shit
Depends on the person and what you want from the platform.
>>
>>3242191
>Tells a lot about your kind really, not a surprise you're a cuckposter.
I like that you think it's respectful to love someone even when they're obviously sick and hurting themselves.

Do you even know what love is? When your love is only a burden, only a poison to the one you love, you snuff it out, so that they can grow and thrive, or so that they can die in peace without tarnishing their memory with resentment.
>>
>>3242096
>mostly because you don't really know why the Seven Heroes returned and are now the "bad guys"
Saw this JP video go up a while ago. Should take some time to read it one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUKRF2fUSg
>>
>>3242384
>I like that you think it's respectful to love someone even when they're obviously sick and hurting themselves.

And I don't like when people put stuff I didn't say in my mouth.
But yeah, let's dump people instead of helping them out, that sure will help them grow, uh? It's not like you help them getting back in shape if you love them right?
And this isn't /soc/ or /r9k/, it's a retro game board, so give me a break with your armchair philosophy, you're laughable, and it doesn't even apply to videogames anyway.
>>3242389
The Pixiv page of the Seven Heroes also has a really neat recap that also includes stuff from the manga iirc, actually, for some things Pixiv has really good pages, most of the SaGa pages in there have well done pages with recaps, stuff from supplemental materials such as novels and other little things, I was pleasantly surprised.
It's pretty hard to find information from side materials unless you get your hands the books and SaGa has a rather unpleasant tendency of having lots of lore and other stuff explained in side materials only.

I mean, I was recently playing a event campaign in Imperial and Wil called Labelle Michelle, if you haven't read the short novel you would never get the reference and that the campaign also possibly implied that Labelle was from the novel's universe instead of coming from the game.

They also implemented extra routes based on Fuse's short novel, all things you'd think would be original events of the game, like the crossover events, when they are references to side materials.
>>
>>3242432
Only the strong survive.
>>
>>3242432
>They also implemented extra routes based on Fuse's short novel
Did anyone ever translate that yet?
>>
File: 752775.jpg (97KB, 484x536px) Image search: [Google]
752775.jpg
97KB, 484x536px
>>3242485
>Did anyone ever translate that yet?
Sure, an awesome anon also posted the link to the file some time ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lauxv64qu2fa3ht/SaGa+Frontier+-+Fuse's+Crazy+Investigation+Log.doc

It was also a pretty decent translation overall.
>>
>>3242502
jesus fucking christ lute get your feet off the table
>>
How popular is RS2 in Japan, exactly? Is it better than SF1?
>>
I can't wait to play this on my Shield TV and the inevitable RS3 release.

>>3242307
>help endorse the idea that I want games on mobile platforms due to alternatives.
Do you really, honestly think that you not buying the game is going to make a difference? The battle's already lost. Android and iOS are also no longer mobile-only OSes as much as the mobile-phobic real gamers such as yourself like to think.

What platform would you rather this English-translated quasi-remaster of a retro, non-traditional JRPG be released on that would have a good amount of reach? The Vita? The PS4? Do you really think that SE is specifically targeting you by releasing this on Android and iOS? I'm not going to go on about poor SE losing money by releasing it on a "proper platform" but this quite honestly the safest option since the amount of people with Android and iOS devices is ubiquitous.
>>
>>3231665
THIS

why don't people understand the basic shit like this? i want a fucking controller for an RPG, not fucking touch controls! its not autism, its fucking annoying.
>>
>>3235291
fucking
dumbass
anon

LISTEN TO ME, OK?

i don't FUCKING want TOUCH CONTROLS. they are FUCKING STUPID, why couldn't we have just had basic console imputs or hell, just released it on more platforms? you know how fast i would have bought it on PS4?

your touch controls are fine for games that use that shit, but don't put it in my 30 hour RPG that will kill my phone with 3 hours of dedicated play. yeah, i don't always have something near me and what is the fucking point if i have to keep my fucking phone fucking plugged the FUCK IN?

my 3DS has a longer life playing games than my phone does playing mobile shit.

understand why people are angry

hate mobile controls
not the fucking fact that we have a translation

/thread
>>
>>3239819
this is just reminding me of that twitch faggot who wouldn't stop bitching that people who thought that FF5 on steam was bad and we, being correct as always, were wrong for telling him that his fucking choice in ports was terrible.
>>
File: sagafrontier.jpg (2MB, 1128x1622px) Image search: [Google]
sagafrontier.jpg
2MB, 1128x1622px
What's the filesize on this thing? Gotta get my phone ready for tomorrow.
>>
>>3243194
fuck i want fuses jacket
no one would know im cosplaying
ever
>>
>>3243194
1.71 mb
>>
>>3243194
Around 250Mb
>>
File: 1424397894339.jpg (45KB, 455x555px) Image search: [Google]
1424397894339.jpg
45KB, 455x555px
>>3242502
Holy shit, 114 pages? I guess now I've got something to read before bed tonight.
>>
>>3243156
>Do you really, honestly think that you not buying the game is going to make a difference?
No, not really, I don't.

sorry for shitposting last night i was really drunk and that's not that good of an excuse but still. i just don't like phone platforms. i'll probably give it a shot on bluestacks later on like i did with the mana remake
>>
>>3243275
It's okay, anon. I hope we both enjoy the game.

>>3243194
The Japanese version seems to be around 281MB.
>>
File: gpd-xd-front-side.jpg (143KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
gpd-xd-front-side.jpg
143KB, 800x551px
Android gaming devices are the future.

>muh physical controls!
Stuff like the GPD XD make this a non-issue.
>>
>>3243334
Depends on the game, really.

Some devs do retarded shit like with the DQ ports that only support touch controls.
>>
>>3229873

AGTP did such a pisspoor job with Alpha Gaiden and then had the gall to never fix it.

Took them years to do it, fucking /years/. SRWJ gets done in a matter of months and looks professionally done. AG looks like a translation from 1999. It gives the original Tenchi Muyo SNES game translation a run for it's money in shittiness.

Live A Live's original translation was also very fucking shitty, but got fixed. Same with Treasure of the Rudras. But their fucking 1.0 releases for both should have been betas, or alphas at best.
>>
>>3243413
you get what you pay for m8
>>
>>3226916
I've been meaning to play the Romancing trilogy for like 10 years, but dunno where to start. We already have full translations for RS1 and RS3 (I ain't buying a mobile game because I'm an oldfart with a non-smartphone), which one should I go with? Are they connected with the story?
>>
>>3243432
Play Minstrel Song instead of RS1. Some elements of the game are kinda broken.

There's no relevant story to follow, just go ahead and pick up any of them in any order.
>>
>>3243432
Most people tend to do SaGa Frontier, Minstrel Song, and the DS remakes of 2 and 3, since they're all newer and have some newer features, as well as covering the base gameplay ideas of the series.
>>
>>3243435
I totally would because the music is fucking kickass, but unfortunately I don't own a PS2 and I can't emulate it without a ton of slowdown.

>>3243441
>the DS remakes of 2 and 3

Wait, is that a thing? Do they have English versions as well?
>>
>>3243448
>Wait, is that a thing? Do they have English versions as well?
I misread your post and though you meant SaGa series in general.

The remakes of 2 and 3 are the remakes of the gameboy games, though, not the RS games. Yeah, they have english patches. 2 is pretty similar, but three was more or less done completely different from FFL3, which itself was different than the other SaGa games. They made 3 more in line with the rest of the SaGa games.
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (35KB, 952x770px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
35KB, 952x770px
I started replaying SaGa guys

it's pretty fun
>>
>>3243709
I'm playing Minstrel Song for the first time.
It's going way better than my RS1 run some months ago.
Though I still have the feeling that I'm not doing things RIGHT. I did try to avoid as many encounters as I could, but some quests escaped me anyway (see: Jewel Beast).
I'm trying to do all possible quests before I face Saruin now.
>>
>>3243779
good luck, you'll need the guide for that
which i was lucky to find in the trash because someone else must have hated the game
>>
>>3243709

I really love the first game. I named all the characters after myself and my friends and had a great time with it. It's got such a weird setting and has a great adventure feeling to it. Enjoy dude.

>>3243779

Minstrel Song is great. I agree with you about feeling like you're not doing it "right," though. The game is very open and meant to be replayed a few times. I still feel like I mess up a lot in it , and I've put about a hundred hours into it at this point. But that's what makes it so fun, too: every time you play it, you get a new experience, and there so much to experiment with.

As long as you're having fun, you're playing it right. That's become my mantra with this franchise.
>>
>>3243779
Unless you know exactly what you're doing you're always going to miss Jewel beast, and you're not even going to be able to beat the pillars when you get there.

You can actually grind your jewel counter so that you get more jewels in your new game by repeating the Valhalland monsters quest over and over

but you have to make sure not to get the obsidian sword or you won't be able to do them anymore

You can either do this when you think you're not strong enough and need more jewels at the end, or when you want to get more jewels when you complete quests in your next character's game. Every time you finish a quest it adds like 1-3 to the amount of jewels you'll get from every quest after

so by the time you reach your 8th game, you complete one easy quest and get like 400+jewels

not that you're obligated to replay it or anything
>>
>>3243794
>not that you're obligated to replay it or anything
I don't think I'll be replaying EIGHT times, but at least one replay is certain, since I want to try to get all quests in one run.
REALLY hated missing out on Ailing Emperor, considering my MC is Claudia.
>>
>>3243432
RS3's translation is actually really fucking shitty. I'd recommend waiting on the official translation but you don't have a smartphone.
>>
>>3243709
The first game is cool. I played the translation of the wonderswan version.
>>
>>3242998
>How popular is RS2 in Japan, exactly?
I forgot the specific poll results but it's one of the higher ones alongside RS3 and SF1 IIRC.
>Is it better than SF1?
Depends on what you liked about SF1. I think they do things different enough that I hestitate to call one outright better than the other.
>>
so, when is this dropping?
>>
>>3243939

No idea, but I plan to start a fresh thread when it does.
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (34KB, 950x772px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
34KB, 950x772px
is it just me or is this guy turning out crazy strong for some reason

I'm only just starting the second world here
>>
>>3243974
make it a general please, would love to talk about saga in general and not just the mobile port
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-25-21-59-31.png (929KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-25-21-59-31.png
929KB, 1080x1920px
>>3243974
>>3244059
Activate it.
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (35KB, 952x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
35KB, 952x768px
>>3244054
A human's stats for comparison, after I just dumped all my cash on them (2 human 1 mutant 1 monster)

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a mutant grow this fast in defense
>>
>>3244068
Cool. Now to wait for someone to dump the .apk.
>>
>>3244068

Badass, I'll make a thread in a few minutes.
>>
>>3244163

Let's migrate. Remember to report and ignore anti-mobile crybabies.
>>
>>3244107
this

until i do pay for the game that is...
>>
>>3243779
The right way isn't to worry and just do them as they come. SaGa has a lot more randomness in when you get stats or skills compared to other JRPG's when you just fill an exp gauge to level up so the best way to approach any SaGa game is to go with the flow.

I know I missed a bunch of quests on my first play through of RS:MS, but it made other play throughs that much better by finding quests I didn't know existed.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.