[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lunar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Lunar.jpg (447KB, 1200x599px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar.jpg
447KB, 1200x599px
What's the difference?

Between Silver Star Story and Silver Star Story COMPLETE I mean.

Never even knew there were 2 versions on the Saturn until now.
>>
>>3226165
This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing that SSS is the Sega CD version and SSSC is the PS1 version. You can google the differences from there.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-19+at+01.36.57).png (3KB, 198x104px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-19+at+01.36.57).png
3KB, 198x104px
>>3226178
No, you're confusing everything.

The PS1 version is based the Saturn version and released years later. The SEGA CD version is called The Silver Star and a very different game.

AFAIK both these Saturn versions are basically the same with what I imagine are some minor differences, maybe it's support for the MPEG card or something, but I can't really find any info on it.
>>
File: expert.jpg (255KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
expert.jpg
255KB, 400x533px
Silver Star Story is the original Sega CD version of the game and Silver Star Story Complete is the remastered (ie shit) version for the Saturn and Playstation.

The two versions you see for Saturn are both the Complete remastering but one has higher-quality MPEG cutscenes that require the Video CD addon only released in Japan. Playstation has its own video format iirc that works kinda like MPEG and the MPEG versions were reencoded for the Silver Star Story Complete Port to PS1.
>>
>>3226197
>Silver Star Story is the original Sega CD version of the game
I think you're confusing something, the SEGA CD version is called The Silver Star, not Silver Star Story.
>>
>>3226202
Yeah sorry, I mistyped. Just woke up.
>>
>>3226204
All is good. Go have breakfast
>>
File: you are this worthless.gif (14KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
you are this worthless.gif
14KB, 500x596px
>>3226178
>SSS is the Sega CD version and SSSC is the PS1 version
>actually thinking this
>>
CD: The Silver Star
Saturn (JP only): Silver Star Story
PS: Silver Star Story Complete
GBA: Lunar Legend
PSP: Silver Star Harmony

Quality: CD > PS > Saturn > PSP > GBA

Primary differences between CD and PS:

-CD is more challenging
-CD has a darker, more serious tone and atmosphere
-CD has better pacing and less padding
-Enemies in PS have more HP
-Ghaleon is more overtly evil and less sympathetic in TSS than he is in SSSC

There you go, OP.
>>
>>3226320
Forgot to mention that the Saturn had both SSS and SSSC variants, but it doesn't really matter, since OP already knew that.
>>
>>3226320
>PS > Saturn
Why is this? I never actually played it but the consensus I always heard online was that the Saturn has the better music and overall better sound.

Despite not being localized what makes the Saturn port inferior?
>>
OP came here with one question and after reading the replies, he probably has more than before thanks to you retarded fucks
>>
>>3226404
Sorry, like I said, I forgot to account for both versions of Saturn. I only listed the vanilla SSS Saturn release.

In regards to the Saturn SSSC MPEG rerelease, yes, it's better than the PS version. Better audio quality and high-fidelity playback of the cutscenes. Otherwise they're identical.
>>
>>3226165
Not OP.
What it's the best version of the first Lunar then?
PS or Sega CD?
I want to play the series for the first time but I don't know which version is better.
>>
File: LunarTSS_MCD_JP_Box_Front.jpg (802KB, 1390x1400px) Image search: [Google]
LunarTSS_MCD_JP_Box_Front.jpg
802KB, 1390x1400px
>>3226725
They're very different and there's no consensus, I could tell you I prefer the SEGA CD version but it's very subjective, as someone else would tell you they prefer the PS1 version.

Look at both and see what seems to fit your taste better.
>>
>>3226742
The art on the sega cd version is much better. Kubooka only got worse with idol master.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.