[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Fire ProWrestling Cover Art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 13

File: SFPWS.jpg (131KB, 640x1164px) Image search: [Google]
SFPWS.jpg
131KB, 640x1164px
Just discovered this series and holy shit is some of the cover artwork beautiful.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Anyone know the artist of the ones above? They look to be by the same person.
>>
Are they all like that?
>>
>>3224701
The series is fucking amazing. Have you downloaded any of the saves for X Premium? Or the translation patches for X Premium and Queen's Special? Or the hack patches for X Premium?

>>3224903
On the SNES they pretty much are.
>>
>>3226060
I haven't even downloaded the ROMs.

So the games are good?
>>
File: 1144.jpg (50KB, 304x557px) Image search: [Google]
1144.jpg
50KB, 304x557px
>>3226563
If you like wrestling the entire series (with a couple exceptions) is CLASSIC level quality. I'm talking on par with WWF No Mercy. It was doing things in the 16-bit gen that nobody had ever seen in wrestling games before. It pretty much revolutionized the genre in Japan and is the reason stuff like No Mercy and the AKI games ever got made in the first place.

One of the cool things about the series is that it exploits Japan's lax copyright laws by using real wrestlers, but changes their names and avoiding using copyrighted logos. But all the wrestlers are real people, complete with their real movesets and even AI programmed to match their real wrestling styles. It's mostly Japanese wrestlers, but there's some American wrestlers mixed in as well plus a few UFC guys.

Here's a basic guide for getting into the series:

>The Early Games
4 titles on the TG-16, 1 on the Genesis, and a truckload (9[!] releases total) on SNES. You wanna start with the SNES ones because pretty much everything before that is 100% obsolete.

>Super Fire Pro Wrestling III Easy Type
If you want to see what the REALLY early games were like this is the best representation of them. There's not much point in playing it nowadays except to see how the series progressed, but it's still a 10/10 awesome fun game. There's also a "Final Bout" version of this, but "Easy Type" is the better choice because it has all the content unlocked from the start.
>>
File: superfireprowrestlingspecial.jpg (2MB, 1164x2100px) Image search: [Google]
superfireprowrestlingspecial.jpg
2MB, 1164x2100px
>>3226773
>Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special
This is when the series really started to come into its own. This was the first time they started somewhat tweaking and refining the formula. 100+ wrestlers, 100s of moves, 5 referees, dynamic announcer reactions, a ton of gameplay modes, UFC cage matches, a story mode by Suda 51... Just an insane amount of content. There's a CAW mode, but it's SEVERELY limited. Still an incredibly fun game that I still play from time to time.
>>
>>3226783
>Super Fire Pro Wrestling Queen's Special
All-female wrestling game in the Fire Pro formula. There's another all-female Fire Pro on SNES, and another on TG-16, but this is the only one you need nowadays. Improved the CAW mode pretty significantly over its predecessors, but still had a lot of limitations. It wouldn't be until the next release when they'd REALLY get it right. Speaking of which...
>>
File: SFPWXP.jpg (43KB, 384x207px) Image search: [Google]
SFPWXP.jpg
43KB, 384x207px
>>3226784
>Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium
THIS is THE best intro to the series. When emulation first got big this game was HUGE online. There used to be a whole online community just dedicated to making CAWs in this game. They pretty much 100% redid the graphics and animation and it looks GREAT. It still has around 100 guys plus 500 or so moves. They did cut down the amount of content compared to Special, but what they improved more than makes up for it and is what defined the entire series from this point on. X Premium added a proper modern style fully developed CAW mode for the first time in the series (and the first time in the genre really). You can make nearly any wrestler you can think of, or at least an adequate approximation thereof, complete with full moveset (though it doesn't have any moves invented after 1996, so don't expect to be able to 100% of the moves for modern flippy spot monkey indie guys) and you can even program their AI for when they're controlled by the CPU (though default AI is pretty adequate for generic/average style matches). And you can save up to 80 of them on one file. People made lots of saves for this back in the day and you can even find some still floating around. There's even a program called sfhack that was designed specifically for hacking the game. I'm currently working on a MASSIVE pack of saves for this game, which should be done in a few months, with a bunch of different themes. Overall this is still an absolute classic and a must play and the best starting point for getting into Fire Pro and learning the basics.
>>
>>3226787
>Fire Pro Wrestling S 6 Man Scramble
6 Player compatible with the adapter on the Saturn. Insane amount of fun with 3-on-3 tag matches or 6 man battle royales. Basically X Premium with more moves and a larger roster. An import classic from back in the day.

>Fire Pro Wrestling G
Thing of this as "4 Man Scramble" on the PS1. Not much reason to bother if you can get the Saturn game.
>>
File: T18804Mfront.jpg (146KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
T18804Mfront.jpg
146KB, 500x478px
>>3226789
>Fire Pro Wrestling D
Dreamcast import classic. Expanded the amount of content and the roster size and the number of moves to utterly absurd levels.

>Fire Pro Wrestling Z
More of the same compared to D except on the PS2. Don't bother with this one. There's a MUCH better game on the same system.
>>
File: 0504.jpg (43KB, 534x342px) Image search: [Google]
0504.jpg
43KB, 534x342px
>The GBA Games
Fire Pro Wrestling was a great portable version of the series that actually saw an American release. Worth getting if you want Fire Pro on the go. The sequel, Fire Pro Wrestling 2, was NEUTERED in comparison to the first one and should be avoided. However the Japanese version of 2, Final Fire Pro Wrestling, is hands down the best portable wrestling game ever made. 200 or so irl wrestlers, 40 or so save slots for the CAW mode, 100s of moves, a bunch of different modes, and the best and deepest management mode ever in a wrestling game. Also one of the 3 best fan community supported games in the series. There's a website dedicated to preserving the many saves for it. Look for the translation patch for this and go nuts.
>>
File: Fire_Pro_Wrestling_Returns.jpg (25KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Pro_Wrestling_Returns.jpg
25KB, 256x361px
>>3226795
>Fire Pro Wrestling Returns
The best game ever made and no this is not hyperbole. 300+ irl wrestlers, UFC fighters, and kickboxers. Male and female wrestlers. 1000+ moves. Slick detailed animation. A shitload of gameplay modes. I can't even remember how many refs you get to choose from. And a CAW mode that makes other games look shallow by comparison. You can make nearly any wrestler in history in this game. I've seen crazy shit like accurate looking versions of TMNT, Al Bundy, video game characters, etc., plus wrestling bears and schoolgirls and anime characters and you fucking name it. You can even make your own referees and design your own detailed belts or rings/canvases. Literally INFINITE replay value. And you can save up to 500 CAWs on a single save. There's still an online community dedicated to this game 9 years later and more fan made content for it than you could image.
>>
>>3226810
>>3226795
>>3226792
>>3226789
>>3226787
>>3226784
>>3226783
>>3226773
If you have any questions about the series or the gameplay or whatever just ask and I'll walk you through it.
>>
>>3226812
How many of these are in English?
>>
>>3226814
Without a translation patch? The GBA games and Returns on PS2. That's it unfortunately.

Final (the Japanese version of 2 on GBA) has a translation patch. X Premium has a translation patch. Queen's Special has a translation patch. There's a guy who has expressed interest in making a translation patch for Special, but that may or may not happen and currently it doesn't have one (though you can figure out the menus with a FAQ or just trial and error).

All the games that I mentioned are pretty much playable without knowing any Japanese though, so you can get into the series pretty easily.
>>
>>3226810
I remember buying this game. I could not do shit. Cant even grapple. Nice fucking controls.
>>
>>3227081
Instead of playing a game without reading the instructions or a FAQ like a fucking retard, try learning how to play. You enter the command for your move after the wrestlers grab each other's shoulders. The whole game is timing based except for breaking pins/submissions.
>>
Hot damn, bro! Thanks for all the tips! That's a lot more than I expected to receive.
I'll download the ones you mentioned above this week, get comfy, and play this weekend. I'll try and update with thoughts.
>>
>>3227117
Check out the Fire Pro Arena if you dig the series and want more info/content or want somewhere to discuss the series. You can lurk the forum without signing up, but it requires registration to post. I can personally vouch for the site being legit and that they won't send you any spam or ads or any bullshit.

Alternatively just post on /vr/, either in this thread or make a new one if you ever want to discuss the series or are looking for content or info.
>>
File: PWI 91-09.gif (257KB, 572x774px) Image search: [Google]
PWI 91-09.gif
257KB, 572x774px
>>3226787

This is the best retro "sports" related game there is. I still play it from time to time.
>>
>>3227396
Ah, the good old days when Scott Steiner was aware that kayfabe and reality were two separate things.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.