[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Engine Works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pceworks_availability.jpg (134KB, 700x385px) Image search: [Google]
pceworks_availability.jpg
134KB, 700x385px
Do you guys think this is ethical? I can understand with games that are super expensive or import-only in Japanese, but the Dracula X Rondo of Blood copies this guy sells seems shady as shit, especially when you can currently buy the game on PSP or on virtual console. Since the game is available through legitimate means, I can't believe he hasn't received a C&D for it yet.
>>
>>3224509
Why bother buying these sorts of bootlegs?
Might as well just pirate it at this point.
>>
While I don't mind selling repros in theory (plenty of shops offer GEN/SFC/FC repros), and while I do not deny that PCEWorks' products are of high quality, I also agree that a few of the items for sale are a bit on the questionable side.

There was some type of furor in smaller game communities about how he used fan-translations for several games without the permission of the translators, and that he wouldn't split the profits with the translators either. There seems to be a lot of bad blood there, though later the guy tried to make nice by printing a lot of free copies of just the bare CDs for anyone who wanted a copy, essentially just charging for the fluff packaging.

I'm also amazed that the Dracula X package didn't receive a CnD, considering it's a high-profile game from a huge, still-active company. I guess all the better for people who wanted, uh, the "Dracula X Energy Drink."
>>
>>3224532
>Dracula X Energy Drink.
why.jpg
>>
>>3224509
What's the point of this shit when it's easy to pirate it yourself?
>>
>>3224547
to make mad dosh off of collectors, of course. Print a label onto a can of red bull and call it exclusive and soon you're rolling in someone else's expendable income. Just look up what was part of the PCEworks Drac X package. It was nuts.
>>
>>3224970
Why would collectors buy this? Wouldn't a Castlevania fan or PC Engine fan be insulted that the guy is selling a bootleg product and trying to make it look official and selling it for just as mich, if not more, than a real copy of Dracula X? Why would anybody attach any worth to an illegitimate product?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.