[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compatibility madness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: cdx01.jpg (188KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
cdx01.jpg
188KB, 1024x682px
Hello!
I have a few SEGA hardware pieces whose behavior I can't fully comprehend...

- A clone Genesis model 2 that's able to play Virtua Racing (US)
- A CDX (US)
- A 32X (US)
- A Mega Drive / Mega CD 2 combo (Euro).

When I first tested the 32X, it didn't work on anything, till I got the CDX a couple nights ago. I'm guessing the 32X is not compatible through regions (which is reasonable). Is there any hardware based reason why the clone Genesis can run Virtua Racing but not make the 32X work?

And on terms of video... oh boy.
I have a TV that only accepts some kind of PAL or SECAM and RGB - full stop. This became quite troublesome considering 95% of my stuff is NTSC based and RGB cables are very rare here.
When I did manage to acquire an (official) RGB cable, the Genesis didn't output RGB, and yesterday I've learnt that the CDX doesn't either... But the 32X does!
And it's the prettiest RGB I have ever seen.

Why? Can anyone enlighten me please? Can the power supply be the reason on the CDX?
I'd like RGB without needing aid of the 32 bit mushroom, at least on one system
>>
>>3223913
emulate

retard.
>>
>>3223913
So thats a standalone sega cd?
Grab a pack of cdrs and burn every game. Its not copy protected
>>
>>3223913
Did you try other games besides Virtua Racing? Virtua Racing has a special chip in it that helps with the 3D. I don't own the game but what if it doesn't work with the 32x?

Btw, there is an actual 32x version of the game. I have a lot of questions about what you tried and didn't try. It'd just be a bit much to post.

>>3223924
Stop being such a little shit.
>>
>>3223924
I'm a great supporter of emulation and not a "OMG IT MUST BE REAL HARDWARE" nut. I've been emulating for over a decade and now I got all this, so why not?

>>3223936
I know that. The thing with the CDX is that it does not output RGB. Thanks tho.

>>3223941
Yes, it works with every game made for Genesis. I mentioned Genesis VR because I know it's the most troublesome game to get to run and most clone hardware can't play it, whereas mine can't.
I thought that, given it can play Genesis VR it should be compatible with the 32X as well.

Go on, ask.
>>
Let me try to shorten the text to make it easier to get the point across:

Genesis (US)
- Can run Genesis Virtua Racing
- Seemingly not compatible with 32X
- Does not output RGB

CDX (US)
- Does not output RGB alone, but via 32X, it does

Why? All the hardware is from the same region.
>>
>>3223959
Oh shit. So you need a different tv or what? U gotta get that sega cd shit goin breh
>>
>>3223961
Hopefully not. I bought this TV because it has RGB inputs. I can't get the CDX or Genesis to output that signal despite being able to do so without modding.
>>
No rf? Thats what my genesis uses
>>
File: genesis-1-2-cables1.png (8KB, 527x207px) Image search: [Google]
genesis-1-2-cables1.png
8KB, 527x207px
There are two different genesis av out ports
>>
>>3224003
>>3224005

My TV displays ONLY RGB in color. All the rest are on greyscale.
The RGB cable I have is for a model 2. I think I did not mention that my Genesis is a model 2 (same video av out than the CDX).
>>
>>3224026
Get a rf to rgb adapter? I know they're not that good but it might be your only choice then.
>>
>>3223960
Genesis does output rgb...
>>
>>3223913
lol shit tier console from a shit tier company
>>
>>3224124

Well, duh, I know that, that's what led me to ask why, if it should (both Genesis 2 and CDX) neither of them do.
>>
>>3223960
32x takes in RGB and overlays it with it's own graphics. So there must be RGB somewhere.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.