[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CURRENTLY PLAYING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

what have you been playing and what's on your backlog?

i've been playing a bunch of system shock 2 and moto racer 2. after system shock 2 i think i'll do the gbc port of daikatana.
>>
What system/os/emulator are you using ? It looks really nice.
>>
>>3222575
>system
macbook pro retina 13" e2015

>os
el capitan 10.11.5

>emulator
openemu

i have the menu/dock on auto-hide and the wallpaper is from miui for android
>>
>>3222502
>PSX Diablo

Maximum comfy.
>>
>>3222601
it's so fucking good it's ridiculous. not having to dick with keyboard and mouse is sweet af. also being able to turn regular/high speed off in-game is great.
>>
File: TheMaskSnes.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
TheMaskSnes.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>3222502
Just played pic related. Not sure what to play next, but I'll be going for another platformer.
>>
File: fug.png (113KB, 1356x643px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
113KB, 1356x643px
>>3222502
currently trying to find good 2d turn-based jrpg's.

Arngrim is an edgy fuck too.
>>
>>3222684
phantasy star iv, bro. have you ever played it?
>>
>current year
>not emulating on ucuntu, with that faggot penguin
>>
>>3222590
Real nice looking front-end. Too bad it's just for Mac, though.
>>
>>3222502

Currently playing

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

Backlog:

Super Metroid
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Soul Blazer
Sim City

I'm actually playing them all at once, but I try to rotate them. I end up playing way too much Ogre Battle though.
>>
File: MTIIJapan.png (3MB, 1067x1589px) Image search: [Google]
MTIIJapan.png
3MB, 1067x1589px
Currently playing Megami Tensei 2 as part of my quest through Japanese RPGs in chronological order.
Next in line should be Fire Emblem 1 and Final Fantasy 3.
>>
>>3222736
Downloaded it.

tried xenogears,i really hope there's no mecha shit.
Know any good sprite-based,turn-based,non-3d jrpg's which arent in my list?
>>
>>3223772
not really a rpg kinda dude the only ones i've ever enjoyed are: sailor moon another story (get the english translation if you've never played), earthbound, and phantasy star 4.
>>
Currently playing The Ultimate Doom, about to start the episode Thy Flesh Consumed.

After that I'll continue with my N64 backlog, I've missed that era so I'm still playing the most famous games.
>GoldenEye 007
>Perfect Dark
>Zelda Majora's Mask
>Zelda OoT
>>
>>3223263
god-tier taste anon, I'm excitedly waiting for the english patch. The SFC remake was one of the best RPGs I've ever played.
>>
>>3222590
>retina
>>
>>3223872
Literally the model name.
>>
>>3222590
Neckbeard status: triggered
>>
File: Metal_Gear_0244.png (12KB, 544x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_0244.png
12KB, 544x480px
Playing the original Metal Gear (MSX), enjoying it a lot so far, it actually kinda reminds me of the original LoZ in a way. Though it's also cool to see a lot of the staple MGS elements in their original 8bit form, like using a cardboard box to hide from guards and stuff. I'm planning to play 1 and 2, and then give the NES games a try, I remember the first NES game being hard as fuck though, but I'm mostly curious about Snake's Revenge, I've read it's much better and it was also developed by the Castlevania team, so it might be cool.

Also Revenge of Shinobi, though I'm getting my ass kicked on level 5 onwards, I don't know if I'm missing anything from the controls but the game becomes impossible if I run out of shuriken, also the only special I use is the fire power.
>>
>Currently playing
Kirby's Dreamland 3, trying to get all the heart stars, never did it when I was little
FFVII. Enjoying it, but I'm not far. I have a hard time dedicating the time to sit down when a majority of gameplay is just cut scenes and dialogue. This is my first playthrough.
Mario 64, just got all 120 stars for the first time. Those 100-coin stars are annoying as fuck.

>Backlog
Nothing in particular. I've bought a lot of games that I've always wanted to play, but I rarely have the time to dedicate to them during the week. Then the weekend comes and I usually spend my time running errands and hanging out with friends. Being an adult sucks.
>>
>>3223790
GoldenEye is solid, but a little dated. Most agree Perfect Dark is better.

And I hate to be the faggot that hypes up a widely-recognized, critically acclaimed game, but Ocarina of Time is one of the most solid 3-D adventure games I've ever played, and Majora's Mask is a damned treat. I envy you being able to play them for the first time.
>>
Currently Playing:
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

Backlog:
To massive to list.
I'm trying to go back and finish all the games I left unfinished.
Heres just a few
Ultima 4
King's Field (2 in japan)
Suikoden 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Castlevania 3
Super Metroid
Beneath a steel sky
Fallout 2
Dune
Cybernator
Final Fantasy 4
Another World
>>
File: 3978748.jpg (21KB, 389x256px) Image search: [Google]
3978748.jpg
21KB, 389x256px
Now playing: Dragon Quest II (Android)

Thoughts: Once you get used to the touch controls, this is a beautiful port, with nice pixel art graphics unlike the Final Fantasy ports, and it has the best version of the soundtrack in any version of the game.

Backlog: Endless, but I do set "playlists"

Summer 2016 Playlist:
DQ 1 (Android) √
DQ 2 (Android)
DQ 3 (Android)
Landstalker (Genesis)
Light Crusader (Genesis)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC)
>>
>>3223263
>>3223816
Good shit anon. Are you playing the Super Famicom remake? I'm planning on marathoning the series starting there after I get burned out on Dragon Quest.
>>
>>3224132
Not the first guy, but I beat the Super Famicom MTI and II remakes a couple months ago, really fantastic games. The Famicom version of MTII just has a lot more charm and a way better soundtrack, so I am super psyched for the english patch. Highly recommend both (probably my favorites of the MT games I've played so far), and they are pretty short by modern Megaten standards.
>>
Delta Force and Future Shock
>>
>>3222502
Only tetris on nes for the past few days.
I am going through hard time and this clears my mind at least for a while.
>>
Shining Force II and Skies of Arcadia. Two Sega RPGs.
>>
>>3222502
Sonic 3 vs. Knuckles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSB9SZvtP2I
>>
File: metal max returns.png (336KB, 802x608px) Image search: [Google]
metal max returns.png
336KB, 802x608px
Playing Metal Max Returns, pretty sure I'm nearly at the end of it. If you can get past the high encounter rate, I can't recommend this game enough.
>>
>>3224132
Yes. I beat Megaten 1 a year ago but played other games before continuing.
>>
File: Metal Max.png (76KB, 1194x910px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Max.png
76KB, 1194x910px
>>3224318
I will continue my play through one day
>>
>>3224552

>your Mechanic is named Mick
>my Hunter is named Mink

Spooky. Anyway, it's a great game. If you just recruited the Mechanic, that's about where it picks up some more, since it's about when you get your second vehicle and can start really modifying them.
>>
File: I've Lost The Will To Live.gif (290KB, 396x290px) Image search: [Google]
I've Lost The Will To Live.gif
290KB, 396x290px
>>3222502
Fellow macbro, how do I get any non-16 bit systems to work on OpenEmu?

I love the interface so much, but it just seems to crap out on everything. I just want to play some PS1 & Saturn games. Hell, the only arcade game I've even been able to run is Konami X-men.
>>
>>3227049
saturn is only supported in the betas. ps1 plays fine for me when i install the mednafen-psx core. i don't play arcade games tho.
>>
>>3224102
>Most agree Perfect Dark is better.
I'm curious about this. Are there any decent arguments for Goldeneye being better than PD, other than "I like the Bond theme better" or "it's what I played with my friends at the time?" I recommend PD over Goldeneye 100% of the time and I'm not sure I'm correct in doing so.
>>
>>3227084
the multiplayer is 10000% better especially with bots if you're (were) bored.
>>
>>3227049
MAME is a bit tricky. You have to have the same version of the bios and the rom. They constantly update and it's kind of a clusterfuck.
>>
>>3227089
Why is that?
>>
I'm trying to beat all of the retro numbered final fantasy games.

I'm currently playing the Final Fantasy Origins version of FF1.

So far I've beaten FF4, FF7, FF8, FF9.

Next up is SNES fan translation of FFV.
>>
>>3227149
cooler guns, maps, also some maps from goldeneye, and there aren't any bots in goldeneye. so if your friends couldn't come over growing up, you could just play against bots.
>>
>>3223790

God damn, lad. You are in for some top quality experiences. Enjoy it
>>
>>3222502
>OpenEmu
dang it's like an emulator manager almost. I didn't even know anything like this existed. I've been sleeping hard.
>>
>>3229212
it's the fuckin' shit, dude. way better than retroarch.
>>
>>3223790

If you're gonna play N64 I also recommend Hybrid Heaven, Ogre Battle 64, and Mystical Ninja Goemon, and Quest 64. All very fun.
>>
>>3229224
>Hybrid Heaven
Ssshh anon, that's an actual hidden gem you're tossing around there. We're supposed to keep that secret on /vr/

Remember our mantra here "the n64 has no games"
>>
I never really had the time or drive to play any older games, but I've been playing though Chrono Trigger and Earthbound for the first time the last few weeks.

I don't know how these games ever slipped past me unnoticed, honestly they're both incredible. I'm sure that's an extremely common opinion, but that's just because sometimes people are actually right.
>>
>>3229324
If you missed out on titles as obvious as those until now I'd be willing to bet you've missed out on some seriously outstanding games, anon.
>>
>>3229324
>doesn't play "older games"
>is on /vr/
>chrono trigger and earthbound are incredible
wew das a spicy meatbait
>>
>>3229331
>develop and interest in things
>go to the board where people talk about those things

ok
>>
>>3229220
I'm not a Mac user so I had no idea. I'm familiar with Lakka but thats more of a standalone OS, havn't really done much research. I'm still stuck in the emulator dark days I guess.
>>
File: duke sewer.png (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
duke sewer.png
60KB, 640x480px
Dook Nook 3D. I found out that steam copy that came with the 3D anthology bundle also includes Duke!Zone2, so I've been playing those new extra levels.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
Just started playing this today. I really appreciate the ability to grab and jump of ledges. Pretty forgiving game early on because of all the health drops or whatever balls.
>>
which frontends does /vr/ use for emulation? I want to make a little emu box, possibly out of a rasberry pi or by simply live booting an OS from a usb. I just want something clean and simple that'll allow me to have a clear library sorted by system, but with a UI that doesn't suck.
>>
It's Friday night, what are you playing?
>>
>>3230135
The only thing I can play off of right now is my Wii since my computer is fucked up. It's kinda nice though, playing retro consoles on my crt, even if it's with a GameCube controller
>>
>>3230138
I had my wii set up as an emubox, but my CRT has a broken coil and has an extremely annoying, high-pitch whine. I might just pick up a component cable and use it on my modern tv even if it doesn't look as good with old games.

Do component cables for ps2/xbox allow you to play on a hdtv with no input lag too? I might see if I can get a chinese one cheap on ebay and at least use the ps2 for my ps1 games
>>
>>3230165
I wish you lived on the east coast of Va, I have a decent crt I'm trying to give away.
>>
>>3230136
forgot my fucking controllers on this mini vacation SO FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>3230207
I live in Australia :<
>>
>>3222590
>macbook pro retina 13" e2015
im sorry
>>
>>3230136

>had a late shift today
>have an early shift tomorrow
>don't get any time to myself until tomorrow night because of this

just kill me desu senpai
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-21-01-46-08.png (332KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-21-01-46-08.png
332KB, 1440x2560px
>>3222502
Golden sun 3
>>
>>3222502
Can you stupid fucking humans learn how to compress images?
JPGs for photography.
PNGs for solid colors.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.