[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is so fucking good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Dragon_Warrior_II.jpg (172KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Warrior_II.jpg
172KB, 256x369px
This game is so fucking good
>>
>>3221840
I'm about to finish DQI. Why do you like DQII better? I'm burning through I-IV on the NES.
>>
>>3221892
more challenging and rewarding imo, And the music is my favorite out of the nes games
>>
bump for discussion
>>
File: dq3-02 - Copy.png (1MB, 750x502px) Image search: [Google]
dq3-02 - Copy.png
1MB, 750x502px
Hmmm I don't really like DQ2 more than DQ1. DQ2 loses focus of what DQ1 was about. There are virtually no memorable towns or dialogues. The focus is on combat and challenge.

That being said, DQ2 rocks so hard. It's just not a better Dragon Quest game than the first Dragon Quest.

DQ3 though! Now there's a Dragon Quest game.
>>
I've been wanting to play some DQ. I was thinking of playing the fan translated SNES compilations. Do you think that's a good introduction to the series, or should I go for the NES versions?
>>
>>3224272
If you want my ( >>3224263 ) personal opinion, these games are much more enjoyable experiences in their remakes. I love Dragon Warrior for what it is, and I still play it to this day, but I would play the SNES versions first, and then go back to the NES versions if you really want to.

Also DQ5 is a really really good introduction to the question "What is Dragon Quest?". If you are not opposed to playing the DS version, I would recommend playing it. Buying it is cheap, but also emulating it is cheaper.
>>
>>3224313
Why do you like the SNES version so much?
>>
>>3224335
1. I like Super Nintendo graphics (although I prefer the NES soundboard).

2. Walk speed is 2x faster.

3. Enemies drop 4x the experience and 2x the gold that they do in the NES version (an exaggeration although the difference is notable (test this for yourself and see)).

4. Dialogue improvements are significant to me.

5. Characters' actions aren't wasted if the targeted enemy dies before those characters' turn comes around.

6. You can use the torch as an attack in the SFC version of DQ1 (not really important but it's cool).

Ye. Really dig them FMC sounds tho.
>>
>>3224349
This.

The pacing for the DQ 1+2 remake is much better than the NES versions. Personally I think the NES titles are far too grindy.
>>
>>3224349
>>3224381
How about DQIII on the NES compared to the SFC/SNES
>>
>>3224461
1. Encounter rates are much lower in the SFC version.

2. Walk speed is like triple and gold and exp are multiplied as well from the FMC version.

3. The enemies are animated in battle.

4. I goddarn love Super Nintendo graphics.

5. SFC version added the Thief class.

6. SFC has a sick bonus dungeon where you fight Shenlong and he will grant you a wish if you beat him fast enough.

7. The SFC has a dream sequence opening that I wish they did more with :-\

8. They added Mini Medals to the SFC version.

9. They fixed the parry glitch in the SFC version (con).

I could go on. But the rest would be small things that I just prefer in the SFC version over the FMC one. For example, they added a cute old man and his dog in SFC Romaly.

I love that dog.
>>
>>3221840
its shit
>>
>>3225061
its not
>>
>>3224272
play the nes games if you are not a baby
>>
>>3224461
the sfc version is actually better due to personalities and it's more of an rpg than any of the dq games due to personallized parties
>>
>>3224313
>I would play the SNES versions first, and then go back to the NES versions if you really want to.

I second this
>>
>>3225158
Having a life and wishing to play a more fast-paced version of the game does not make you a baby.
>>
>>3225725
Why bother wasting any time playing video games at all when you have such a fascinating life to get back to?
>>
>>3224313
Gotta love that Evil Apple's face as it sits behind Bianca's ass.
>>
>>3224635
>Encounter rates are much lower in the SFC version.
>Walk speed is like triple and gold and exp are multiplied as well from the FMC version.

The town and dungeon maps are expanded to much larger sizes though, so the total travel time and number of battles per area are actually about the same.

Also, you forgot the most important point

>The town and castle music changes in the last few towns of the game
>>
>>3224349
>6. You can use the torch as an attack in the SFC version of DQ1
You are implying that you cannot in the NES version. What a silly mistake to make.
>>
>>3224313
There's a glitch in DQ2 in the translated DQ1&2 remake SNES rom. Happens after you try to cure one of the party members with the world tree leaf or whatever during part of the story early on, the game freezes.
Maybe there's a different translated rom floating around where this doesn't happen, I dunno.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-30-00-58-30.png (285KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-30-00-58-30.png
285KB, 720x1280px
>>3224263
>There are virtually no memorable towns or dialogues.

Depends of which version are you playing though (obviously Japanese version is superior by far)
>>
>>3228192
I just tested this. You literally cannot use torches in battle.
>>
>>3229160
>>3228192
I decided I should take a screenshot of me selecting torch on that same battle.
>>
>>3229171
Didn't he say SFC version?
>>
>>3224461
DQIII is awesome on the SNES. I also really like the Gameboy Color version. Not as polished but damn fun on the go
>>
>>3229160
Huh. Guess my memory is shit. I do remember killing metal slimes with torches, but I didn't think I'd played the SFC version for long enough to fight metal slimes. So I assumed it was in the NES game. Don't I feel daft.
>>
Started a file today. Wish me luck bros
>>
>>3233387
Good bye .
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.