[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo II Ladder Reset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: d2.jpg (101KB, 691x520px) Image search: [Google]
d2.jpg
101KB, 691x520px
Anyone here getting in on the ladder reset tomorrow? It's probably the most fun way to play Diablo II, when everyone is the same level and noone has good gear.

I'll definitely be playing a sorceress, anyone want to get a team together?
>>
>playing online video games
pleb
>>
>>3219779
What ladder reset? Drop the info, OP.
>>
You got a link? I can't find shit about a may reset.
>>
>>3219820
>>3219851
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20743715875
>>
File: TalRashaTomb.jpg (141KB, 960x813px) Image search: [Google]
TalRashaTomb.jpg
141KB, 960x813px
I'm playing Softcore EU.
>>
>>3219779
I probably won't have time to start until next week. Not sure what class I want to run, I love Paladins, but I've done a Paladin or a necro my last several playthroughs.

Mabye I'll start up an assassin.
>>
hype!
>>
I've never played ladder, only singleplayer or LAN multiplayer. How's it ? The only ladder I've ever played on is pokémon showdown, so I can't say I'm used to that kind of stuff.
>>
>>3219779
you mean until the end of the second week, when everyone is trading the endgame gear they farmed with their 7 bots

yes, i'm mad because i could never get my bot to work
>>
>>3222315
the only difference is you get to use the best of the best runewords. spambots constantly invade your games, so you're better off playing in private games, also because people don't really play together anymore
>>
>>3222469

It's pretty easy to get d2etal going, mainly just editing a text file. I played last year with 2 bots. It made me excited to get home each day to see what runes and shit they grabbed.
>>
>>3222514
>It made me excited to get home each day to see what runes and shit they grabbed.

What's the point of the game then? You're not playing.

That way you can go into other people's homes and see what they got.

Why not go to D2 forums and search for jpeg screenshots to see what they go. Jesus Christ.

I understand boters who sell items, but people who bot so that bot can play that game, that's next level of mental handicap.
>>
>>3224120

Presumably, he uses the items retrieved by his bots on characters that he actually plays with.
>>
>>3224120
You're not playing the game by grinding, either.
>>
>>3224120
talented individuals with nothing better to do. implying being a script kiddie makes you talented
>>
File: buggedoccysoj.jpg (39KB, 404x193px) Image search: [Google]
buggedoccysoj.jpg
39KB, 404x193px
In previous resets I have used a main and three follower bots, pals & sorcs, that tele and help clear the area. I play the nec. I stopped doing the hands-off MF botting because it's saturated. The followers are fun. It's playing d2 with a party rather than a single character.

People pay jsp gold for leveled pallies and sorcs, so when I'm done, I sell the characters. Sitting out this ladder though. The jsp gold will still be there, whenever.
>>
>>3224120

There's a few ways it's justifiable. For one, I can do the runs myself, but it's slightly slower and a waste of my time. I don't really consider it cheating to automate a task I could do myself.

The other thing you need to realize about the end-game in Diablo 2, is that 95% of the high level items are botted or duped. If they weren't, there simply wouldn't be enough to go around because it takes forever to grind for them. Even with a bot running non-stop you can have dry spells where you get useless shit for days. Nearly all of the other high-level players I was playing with last year either bought their chars/items (from botters) or botted themselves.

Admittedly, it is boring when you have a godly character. I actually quit after I killed the ubers last year, as I'm not into dueling and that's all that's left in the end-game. I think the most fun comes from actually playing the game in normal & nightmare, and fucking around with weird builds and items, which the botting lets you do more of. Otherwise you're either grinding or paying someone to grind for you.
>>
>>3219779
I have never played Diablo II, I may torrent it.
>>
>tfw I'm ranked 5##th overall and 6#th in class and every hour I waste is knocking me down

Are you guys playing too?
>>
>>3224260
Nice occy ring. I thought the rust storm took all the hacked items off though?
I haven't seriously played since Feb. 2008 lol
>>
A couple of questions.

>are zoomancers supposed to be glass cannon? in hell I can't get hit more than a couple of times, especially insta-killed by gloams and vipers unless wearing thundergods vigor + maxed lighting resist. I have max shield but still I get raped, especially it's frustrating to enter throne of destruction because there is ambush right at entrance, if I get swarmed by balrogs or revenants I = dead.

>I'm playing for the second time on ladder, but I notice all channels are empty.there are necromancer crypt etc, but nobody inside.
>>
>>3227042
Only rooms like USEast and so on are active because they are default. I have seen some pub parties try to meet up with each other after a Baal kill by making their own custom room.
>>
can someone answer a serious question for me?

how did people get addicted to diablo/diablo2? I played both when they came out. they were fun & great games and I beat them several times with different characters, etc.

but I've seen stories where people have poured massive amounts of time into these games as if they were MMO timesinks. how?

i remember playing with friends and having a blast, getting rare drops, killing each other, but there's no a lot of depth past what's in the game. what I mean is that there's nothing to build upon nor any "general" areas where people can hang and just talk. how did people put so much time into these games?

i'd say I put about 80 hours into the first and 40 into the second.
>>
File: a8j092Z_700b.jpg (13KB, 340x362px) Image search: [Google]
a8j092Z_700b.jpg
13KB, 340x362px
>>3226938
It was a stock image, I'm sure that ring is long dead. The 1.10 patch dealing with all the shit actually came out in 2003, five years before you stopped!! Dam son this game is OLD
>>
>>3227042
Wear lightning resist gear no matter what character. Resists are the most important thing to wear.
>>
>>3227835
Max lighting resist + TVigor is enough to negate Gloam damage in Hell. Otherwise it's two-three hit kill.

But I find it weird to be able only to receive one or three hits with max resists, max dex for block and a lot of health and armor.
>>
>>3227790
Because of doing those MF runs on mephisto man

>>3227825
My bad, yeah I quit in 2004 when I moved to my moms' and had no steady internet connection

I put close to two years in high school into that game but had fucking nothing to show for it because I was usually soloing and not getting gud.
I kind of want to get into D3 but don't want to waste all my time and crash my uni grades again this semster like I did with Brutal Doom
>>
So when does Uber Diablo spawn?
>>
>>3228724

In D2 there are multiple servers, with multiple games on each. The amount of SoJs sold to a vendor is kept track of, and when it hits around 1000, every game on the server has Uber Diablo spawn in it, along with a message like 'an evil force awakens' or some shit (going off memory). Then the next superunique monster you find will be replaced by Uber Diablo. I think either Bishibosh or Rakinashu will be replaced by him, not sure.
>>
I'm playing on hardcore (expansion) USEast if anyone wants to join me. I'm in Japan though so my hours are going to be funny and my ping is fairly poor, so I'm taking it easily when normally I'd be tearing it up.
>>3222315
It's pretty great. The beginning of a ladder reset is one of the few opportunities left to enjoy a normal ass game of Diablo 2 with strangers.

>>3227042
Zoomancers should have no trouble taking hits. They're a popular choice for hardcore for a reason. If you're not using bone armor, use that, and get some better resistances.

>>3224139
Yes you are. The endgame is grinding. Botting takes the game out of the game. If you don't like grinding for loot/levels, you're playing the wrong game.

>>3224717
This is true, but the origin of the items doesn't have to matter to the individual player. It is very easy -- especially if you play at the beginning of the reset -- to get a character geared without, yourself, cheating. If you play at the beginning of the reset and you get a competitive advantage in levels, you can sell ordinarily low value stuff that players really need at the beginning of resets, like white monarchs and cvs, for disproportionately high amounts; a week later you'll be able to afford half of the shit you need for your character. You could alternatively just do it the traditional way and grind stuff out yourself. There is an element to fun™ to it if you don't just blitz through the game and end up some abomination in hell that can't kill half of the shit in act 1 because your gear is so poor.

Your point about loot being in short supply if people don't bot is simply not true for several reasons.

Botting is the most flagrant and most impactful form of cheating in Diablo 2 now that duping is more or less gone and it's basically ruining the online experience for everyone.
>>
>>3229895
I remember playing two seasons ago and I saw those messages a couple of time, something like

>15394 Stone of Jordans sold to the merchants.

But I never saw Uber Diablo. Is this daily spawn, or rarer?
>>
File: hxc.png (33KB, 343x319px) Image search: [Google]
hxc.png
33KB, 343x319px
How are you guys progressing?
>>
>>3231723

It depends on whether players are selling sojs on that server. The sojs sold message tells you when people are selling, so it can be a good idea to wait in the game to see if the soj sales trigger him. It will say something like evil walks the earth when enough are sold. Then you walk to the nearest superunique and he should takes its place.
>>
>>3231829
I got bodied by meph because my ping is in the several hundreds. Going to get back on the horse tonight.
>>
File: rip.png (261KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
261KB, 800x600px
>>3232747
Good luck man, I just got slain today. I was actually trying to race up the ladder too, but I guess there's always next season.
>>
>>3232996
I wish I had all of my old screenshots, I frequently raced up the ladder (at least until 95, at which point it becomes bots racing bots). Can't do it with this kind of latency, though...
>>
This game reminds me of all those websites from 1997 with all those horrid, garish animated GIFs.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.