[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it have been better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: dp_boxart_front_595.png (760KB, 595x435px) Image search: [Google]
dp_boxart_front_595.png
760KB, 595x435px
Would it have been better?
>>
Anything would have been better.

If they put the time and effort recoding the game from scratch into improving the gameplay in the N64 version it could have been very good indeed.
>>
I can't believe how shitty the "boss fight" is with General Scales.
>>
>>3219491
I'm surprised the box itself isn't furry.
>>
>>3219491
No, it would have been unfinished trash
>>
>>3219491
Yeah probably.

When Nintendo stepped in with Star Fox it hit a chunk of development hell that probably overall negatively impacted it.

If only the Disk Drive didn't fall through.
>>
>>3219491
Probably if they let you play as Krystal and not that faggot Fox.
>>
Better than that stsrfox gane?

Nope.
>>
>>3219503
Yeah I can't help but agree with this. Rare were the masters of the N64 and this could have been their true swan song game for the console.
>>
>>3219616
it's a damn shame
>>
>>3219517
>The box itself isn't furry
>anthros
>>
>>3220571
wooooooossshhh
>>
I don't care if it was better or not. I just want to play it.
>>
>>3219491
Probably but not by much.
>>
Well, it would have been better by the sheer accomplishment of not tainting the Star Fox series with its furry fanfiction-tier storytelling. Now with 50% less sexy saxophone solos.

It probably would have been a successful release, given Rare's track record on the N64. And had it been on the N64, maybe it would have had a fun multiplayer mode, too.
>>
The story might have made more sense because Rare had to butcher the narrative to splice StarFox in.

It still would have been a shit-tier Zelda derivative collect-a-thon.

No fucking wonder Nintendo sold them after this game.
>>
>>3224302
Let's discuss what we would have wanted from this game
>>
I loved star fox adventures
>>
File: 1461106594816.jpg (111KB, 848x940px) Image search: [Google]
1461106594816.jpg
111KB, 848x940px
>Shiggy forces to Rare to turn their N64 masterpiece into a Star Fox game because they need games for the GC
>It flops because the GC is a dead console
>Nintendo blames Rare, doesnt buy the 51% of their stocks, and they have to go third party to MS
>All their IP dies and Nintendo is fucking stomped by the PS2 for not having third party support
>>
>>3226935
lol you seriously think rare would of saved the GC?
>>
>>3227031

no, but it wouldnt have been a 150m vs 20m difference
>>
>>3226935
>for not having third party support
What? The GC had somewhat better third party support than its fucking predecessor.
>>
>>3227031
rare would have made GC not a complete fucking fiasco on the level that it was, thats for damn sure.
it also would have saved rare from the dark painful death it received at micro$'d jewish hands.
>>
>>3227031
>would of
>>
>>3227417
Perfect dark zero and nuts&bolts were bothoriginally GameCube games.
>>
>>3227440
Nah. The original Banjo Threeie they envisioned was supposed to be a multiplayer remake of the first game.
>>
>>3227440

Definitive saviours of the GC

Truly
>>
>>3227452
I can only find meme sources on that.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/grant_kirkhope_wishes_he_could_make_banjo_kazooie_3_for_nintendo
>>
File: 1456676769202.gif (38KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1456676769202.gif
38KB, 200x200px
>>3219517
That might be kinda a cool gimmicky sale tactic.
>>
>>3227031
It's funny when you think about it in retrospect, but Nintendo's 5th gen console was the king of console FPS.

Nintendo allowed Microsoft to take that market away. A good follow up to Perfect Dark (not what ended up on 360) would have helped Nintendo retain those players who left for Xbox.
>>
fuck microsoft
>>
>>3227382
These kids, they think memes is credible source

Is not
>>
>>3230076
>they think memes is credible source
What does this even mean?
>>
>>3230096
I'm sorry english not my first language. Would you like to purchase a fine leather jacket?
>>
>>3219491
It would have been GREAT if the game, in whatever stage of completion it was, leaked online.
>>
>>3230119
>and this is how we say "well-memed" in Germany
>>
File: deedy kang.jpg (145KB, 1402x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deedy kang.jpg
145KB, 1402x1080px
>>3219491
Yes, because people expected star fox lookit me I can fly airplanes 'n pilots bull bawlsery.
Go join a real air force if you wanna be a pilot, sheesh.
>>
>>3219491
>there are people that still blame ms for rare being shit
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.