[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could one company fall so horribly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: rareware.jpg (19KB, 490x603px) Image search: [Google]
rareware.jpg
19KB, 490x603px
How could one company fall so horribly?
>>
By selling out to Microsoft

NEXT QUESTION
>>
>>3219236
During /vr/ times they were great.
Best games on the 64
>>
>>3219236
Because they couldn't meet a fucking deadline and would send out unfinished games
>>
Like most devs. They went to shit with 6th generation.
>>
>>3219239
Galling because they only bought Rare because they thought by doing so they would own Donkey Kong.
>>
>>3219289
That would be hilarious if they actually had thought that.
>>
>>3219239
That's oversimplifying a bit. Their games toward the end of the N64's life weren't great and Starfox Adventures was shit.
>>
Do people honestly think that RARE would still be good today if they stayed with Nintendo?
>>
>>3219294
Hahaha wouldn't that be funny if it were true haha. HAHAHAA
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/microsoft_execs_thought_they_owned_donkey_kong_after_acquiring_rare
>>
>>3219297
Who knows, at least they would have SOMETHING to show which is better than the almost nothing they turned out making while they were with Microsoft.
>>
Microsoft acquired them in a hostile buyout didn't they? Like using some public trading wizardry neither Rare nor Nintendo could legally stop?
>>
>>3219435
Not true in the slightest. Nintendo basically dumped them when Rare needed capital to keep going so they offered the whole company up for sale with the intention being that Nintendo would acquire them as a first-party studio. Nintendo passed, confounding Rare's board, so they put it up for public offer. They nearly got an offer from Activision, who backed out, and then Microsoft acquired them (and it's hinted that they were unaware that Star Fox and Donkey Kong were not Rare's IPs).

I don't know where you got your story about a hostile takeover, the facts are publicly documented. Rare themselves ran to Microsoft, they weren't poached.
>>
>>3219297

The Microsoft team came in with market researchers, forced them to dump banjo threeie and design stupid things, which stifled the creativity of the developers and caused them to leave.

Microsoft represent the subvertive parasites and the Jews. Though the rot probably began within the Rare management, who betrayed their developers to the Jew.
>>
>>3219297

Notice how Uncle Tusk immediately disappeared after the Rare buyout, and never came back. In fact all the cool British humor on the website, the letters and so on, disappeared forever, and the website became corporate.

Obviously it all went wrong at the buyout.
>>
>>3219496
Isn't that what Rare employees have said? That very soon after the buyout they started needing to take part in performance reviews, meetings with consultants, etc? Time wasting shit they never did before?

Microsoft literally turned Rare into Office Space.
>>
If you haven't noticed, every company from the 90s has fallen hard

Most of the jap ones died when PS3 made the cell processor too hard to develo for .
>>
>>3219301
That was printed on game inforcer a fake game informer mini mag printed on April .

That link is misinformed. Being that it's some random tumblr blog, I'm not surpriced
>>
>>3219547
What are you talking about, the twit is archived
https://twitter.com/conkerhimself/status/346411220464705536
https://twitter.com/conkerhimself/status/346411471938416640
>>
>>3219241
And some of the best on the SNES too.
>>
File: clinton.jpg (179KB, 1200x913px) Image search: [Google]
clinton.jpg
179KB, 1200x913px
>>3219560
>he thinks that's the real chris seavor
>>
Viva Pinata is one of their better games
>>
>>3219581
because it is
>>
>>3219560
It's not real. Let it go. It's like myamoto rumor that he stopped Nintendo from buying rare personally because he didn't want donkey Kong to overshadow Mario
>>
>>3219591
Why would Chris lie?
>>
>>3219587
Does your dad work for Nintendo ?
>>
>>3219585
It is quite nice, just wasn't the huge multimedia franchise they hoped to be. The cartoon and party games were pretty bad from what I recall. I think all the bad things in the first two games inlcuding the theme song came from that cartoon.
>>
>>3219595
I completely forgot about that stuff. I still think the game itself was great but they made a mistake with that multimedia idea.
>>
>>3219239
>implying they did not fall before that
>implying nintendo abandoned a perfectly good developer
starfox adventure says you're a retard
>>
>>3219810
>implying nintendo abandoned a perfectly good developer

That is fucking exactly what happened you monstrous idiot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_%28company%29#Microsoft_era_.282002.E2.80.93present.29

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/rare_co-founder_has_no_idea_why_nintendo_didnt_buy_the_studio_outright
>>
>>3219915
>rare_co-founder_has_no_idea_why_nintendo_didnt_buy_the_studio_outright
Hint: look at your skin
>>
>>3219591
The rumor is true it's just been overblown.
What actually happened is ONE suit at MS thought they owned DK, made an ass of himself and people took it and ran with "LOL MICROSOFT THOUGHT THEY OWNED DK"
>>
>>3220335
>uuhhh uhhh I better call him a nigger, that way I win

You could have said nothing and saved a lot more face that way.
>>
>>3221275
Holy fucking shit.

Stop. Please.
>>
>>3221280
We have a board for non-retro game related material. People should try using it.
>>
>>3221283
RARE'S LEGACY IS RETRO YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>3221308
Rare's downfall is not retro. This board is for users 18 and older.
>>
>>3221319
That is for all of 4chan m8

/vr/ should be for +25
>>
>>3221364
>/vr/ should be for +25
Then OP should start acting like it, and post retro-related content.
>>
>>3221256
Do you really think MS execs give a shit what Donkey Kong is?
>>
>>3219236
With Nintendo holding their hand, they were able to hammer out mediocre facsimiles of Nintendo's storied games.
Without Nintendo's guidance, they were exposed as the hacks they always were.
>>
>>3221492
What Nintendo game was goldeneye ripping off?
>>
apparently nintendo didn't treat them very good.
some teams left rare to do their own stuff.
nintendo forced shit on rare.
microsoft bought the name basically.
>>
>>3219236
Seconding who thinks they were never good.
>>
>>3219458
I got my info from the spin Nintendo put on the story in the Nintendo Power issue where they talked about it, I think. I never looked further into it afterwards.
>>
File: unclepants.gif (9KB, 126x181px) Image search: [Google]
unclepants.gif
9KB, 126x181px
Rareware were betrayed and raped by filthy jew managers, and ruined for ever.
>>
File: fightingfrogs2.jpg (129KB, 1024x601px) Image search: [Google]
fightingfrogs2.jpg
129KB, 1024x601px
Pre-Nintendo Rare > Post-Nintendo Rare > Nintendo Rare

I'd rather shove a cactus up my ass than play yet another bland Mario World or Mario 64 clone.
>>
>>3221531
Viva Pinata proves Rare still had some good people
>>
>>3221525
Hogan's Alley
>>
>>3221525
Star Fox's first-person levels.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.