[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ essential game list

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 6602886_1437087727.png (13KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
6602886_1437087727.png
13KB, 128x128px
What are some games that every video game player should play? regardless of whether they like it or not they should at least play these games.

Can be from any genre or system, just which ones do you think everyone should play at least once?
>>
>>3217567
Have you ever stopped to think that some people just play games for fun? For instance, some people only like certain genres so they'll only play those games. You look like a huge poser if you feel like you have to play a game that you don't even like just to fit in.
>>
>>3217608
I think it's not about fitting it but getting a strong and all around experience of games of yesteryear, I'm sure even you've looked back at others general recommendations in hopes of expanding your horizons.
>>
File: gta2.jpg (215KB, 1279x1247px) Image search: [Google]
gta2.jpg
215KB, 1279x1247px
>>3217567

all of the mario games from the 90's
donkey kong
>>
Look at any top games of all time list and omit the non-retro games.

Here's a list based on this;
>Ocarina of Time
>Metal Gear Solid
>Final Fantasy VII
>Super Mario Bros. 3
>Super Mario World
>Earthbound
>Chrono Trigger
>Tetris
>Half-Life
>Super Metroid
>Super Mario 64
>Resident Evil 2
>Pac-Man
>Donkey Kong Country 2
>Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
>Doom
>>
>>3217858
your list is fucking shit and you should kill yourself
>>
>>3217874

Nice post, truly enlightening.

>try harder faggot
>>
>>3217874
Blame google nerd.
>>
Wonderboy is Monster World (aka Wonder Boy V: Monster World III in Japan) is a must-play. I love it to this day but most people I talk about games never played it so I'm not sure if it was popular or not.
>>
>>3217858
Those are just the most popular games though
>>
>>3218189
>Look at any top games of all time list and omit the non-retro games.
I know reading is hard but this is literally all I did.
>>
I'd make the argument for Symphony of the Night being a must play

Not as a representation of Castlevania games but for it's pure beauty, atmosphere, and wonderful music, gameplay and secrets.

I'm sure someone will be butt mad and say Super Metroid is better but I think SOTN gets the point across much easier with its gameplay.
>>
>>3217567
BATTLETOADS
_A_________
__T________
___T_______
____L______
_____E_____
______T____
_______O___
________A__
_________D_
__________S
>>
>>3218372
A lot of vr games a play once and say yeah that was cool, but sotn is a game I keep going back to
>>
Why not make a list of games that were essential in shaping industry standards or introducing new genres/gameplay that were game-changers?
>>
Starfox 1 and 2
Wario Lands
Psx Spyro
>>
>>3217874
That's actually a pretty solid list though. Maybe EarthBound and DKC 2 could go; they're solid games, though not really essentials.

>>3218189
Video game essentials should be crossover hits that fans of any genre would enjoy. Someone that plays tons of RPGs may say that Chrono Trigger is a little basic, though it's regarded by the general public as one of the best RPGs ever made. It does a great job of showing off the strengths of the genre (storytelling, epic battles, etc.) without implementing some of the less accessible elements (level grinding, random encounters). Essential doesn't automatically mean good (of course, opinions on video games are subjective so nothing is automatically good), it's just what most people would recommend you to play.
>>
>>3217567
Yet another top 10 best games for SYSTEM X extravaganza.

Just play the fucking games you fucking miserable shits.
If you have something great to offer or I can recommend stuff good but stop with this bullshit please.
>>
>>3217608
This.

I for instance hate JRPGs and I don't give a flying fuck how objectively good they are, they bore me, I don't play them.

If the thread said try instead of play, could be more resonable, I tried playing FF.. didn't like it.
>>
>>3217858
Ocarina and no Majora's Mask?

>normie
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.