[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no love for PS1- help me change my mind, please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Castlevania_SotN_Europe_cover.jpg (55KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SotN_Europe_cover.jpg
55KB, 400x333px
Hey Anon I've avoided PS1 my entire life. I've hated the PS1 when it came out. I was like
>Those shitty 3d graphics look shitty. I will stick to my NES, SNES, GB, Genesis, Master System and Dos

My opinion still hasn't changed BUT I might be wrong. There might be GREAT PS1 games out there and I have been very ignored all my life so PLEASE enlighten me. I can only think of TWO PS1 games that might interest me:

Disney's Hercules seemed like a fun platformer. Symphony of the night is supposed to be a great Castlevania game.

So please what great titles does the PS1 have that can be still enjoyed nowadays?
>>
Look at one of the countless top 100 lists on the internet, choose one that appeals to you. Do your own homework.
>>
>>3214525

I did. It's all shitty 3d with wobbly textures that constantly move around. Disgusting crap. I've tried to do some research for years now but I only find crap. I can not believe that such a popular system is full of garbage.
>>
>>3214512
The PSX is a much better system than NES or SNES, which were hindered by poor hardware (sprite flicker in many NES games, slowdown in many SNES games due to its shitty processor).

That said, PSX 3D in general has not aged very well.
>>
>>3214530
Alright, so this is a troll thread. Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: 1450726146002.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450726146002.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>3214531

That's VERY debatleable. I mean what even means "better system". Do you mean more modern hardware is more advanced then previous hardware which is already older. OH YEH NO SHIT.
That doesn't mean that its "better" though. The catalog of classic NES and SNES games is amazing. A big list of great titles people still LOVE and remember.
PS1 has:
Tomb Raider- exists for every fucking system and PC
Crash Bandicoot- does anyone still care nowadays
Resident Evil - there are millions of ports of it and it exists for pretty much everything as well
Metal Gear Solid - see above

those are all the famous PS1 games I can personally think of.
>>
>>3214512
Any Ridge Racer, any Ace Combat except 1 (Air Combat) and Omega Boost.
>>
>>3214537
You should dig into its hidden gems. Stuff like Tomba, Omega Boost, Panzer Bandit, Hot Blood Familia are all real good shit.
>>
>>3214532

I am not trolling at all. The texture thing was a big issue and problem the PS1 had. A friend who learned programming once told me everything about it and why this happens. See I can go back and still enjoy Duke Nukem 3d. I LOVE DUKE NUKEM 3d. When I see all this poly crap on the PS1 I just puke.

Basically this is what happened: The N64 came out and the PS1 came out. Everything had to be 3d all of a sudden. People were like
>WOW
and crapped their pants. I was like
>WTF THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT I WILL STICK TO NICE HAND DRAWN PIXEL GRAPHICS
This opinion still hasn't changed. The graphics were fucking disgusting back then but got TOLERATED because that's the only 3d they had but it already sucked back then.

It's like seeing some shitty flight simulator with EGA graphics (I think Sierra once made one) and then being like
>OMG ITS SO REALISTIC! ITS LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE

No you can not fool me. It's shit.
So yes I hate the N64 and PS1. This is when gaming stopped for me. I still have not evolved.
>>
>>3214545

THANKS A LOT, MAN! This is what I am ASKING FOR. Hidden gems. YouTube TOP 10 lists all contain your usual suspects I do not like so people telling me
>Do your research
can go and fuck off. Why are you even on here if you don't want to discuss retro gaming. I mean this would be a perfect moment for any PS1 fanboy to convince me otherwise and tell me about those great titles no one ever talks about.
>>
>>3214552
>posts Hitler did nothing wrong
>BUT IM TOTALLY NOT TROLLING U GUISE
>>
File: Raidenprojectj.jpg (28KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
Raidenprojectj.jpg
28KB, 300x296px
>>3214552
kill yoself familia
>>
OP is not pretending to be a retard (i.e. trolling).

He is one.
>>
>>3214570

random pic is random. Also so far I only got two proper answer.
>>
>>3214682
Probably because it's a shit thread and not worth the time recommending anything to such a little twat.
>>
>>3214682
Kill yourself
>>
>>3214559
definitely check out:

brave fencer musashi
castlevania: symphony of the night
crash team racing
metal gear solid
tomba!
>>
>>3214537
>The catalog of classic NES and SNES games is amazing. A big list of great titles people still LOVE and remember.

List which ones aside from the obvious Nintendo/Konami/Capcom/Square works.

>there are millions of ports of it and it exists for pretty much everything as well
Same could be said for a couple of the best NES/SNES titles desu.
>>
>>3214512
Here are some games that in my opinion have aged better than some of the more iconic Playstation titles:

Chrono Cross
Symphony of the Night
Ape Escape
Klonoa
Gran Turismo 2
Grandia
Rahman 2
Final Fantasy IX and Tactics
Suikoden II
Tomba 1 and 2
>>
We already have this thread:

>>3200837
>>
>recommend me ANYTHING please I just want to enjoy the PS1
>by the way I hate almost every single game this system for an asinine and arbitrary reason without playing a single one and nothing will change my opinion about it
Fuck off
>>
File: Tengai Makyou 4 - Saturn.jpg (18KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Tengai Makyou 4 - Saturn.jpg
18KB, 360x270px
>>3214552
I share your opinion on 3D being really ugly at the time. I just played 2D Saturn games during that era and didn't get a Playstation until the PS2.
But lately I've been wondering what 2D PS1 games I missed out on.
>>
File: ps1 game list.png (76KB, 412x2142px) Image search: [Google]
ps1 game list.png
76KB, 412x2142px
Here's my list.
>>
>>3215890
>3D being really ugly at the time
Foe me, early on yes, but late 5th gen 3D started improving on the visuals little by little, especially in the case of the PS1 (early-90's affine mapping leftovers notwithstanding). It's almost kinda similar to how later NES/Famicom games looked in comparison to earlier ones.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.