[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What version of Mario is this? Or is it a bootleg of some sort?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1462831257977.webm (906KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462831257977.webm
906KB, 640x480px
What version of Mario is this? Or is it a bootleg of some sort?
>>
>>3202818
Looks like a typical romhack to me.
>>
>a thread died for this
SMB for NES. Maybe a ROM hack.
>>
I would think SMB Special but that had no scrolling.
>>
>>3202818
the choppy scrolling/physics and weird colors makes me think it's some kind of weird port. probably not a nes hack at all
>>
>>3202818
Due to the stuttering on the scrolling it has to be a PC knockoff.
>>
>>3202824
>SMB for NES
It's certainly not the official version.
>>
>>3202818
Mario for the IBM PC DOS.
>>
>>3202818
Could it be that Mario demo Carmack made on PC to show Nintendo and then used for Keen?
>>
>>3202892
That was SMB3, though. The OP uses SMB1 assets.

>>3202885
That's what I was thinking... but which one?

>>3202887
For sure? I can't find anything about it.
>>
>>3202818
Super Boy. From Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ0cqpXL9EE
>>
>>3203020
>MSX
That explains everything.
>>
>>3203020
>you can't go backwards
>what? I didn't press any buttons! it just said sorry nothing for like two seconds and went away

Has Vinny ever played SMB?
>>
>>3203020
Thanks!
>>
>>3203038
>expecting millennials to not say stupid shit all the time
>>
>>3203020
Le Lethargic Angry Video Game Nerd.
>>
>>3203049
Stupid shit I can understand. That guy was surprised that the sky was blue.
>>
File: samurai.jpg (66KB, 379x410px) Image search: [Google]
samurai.jpg
66KB, 379x410px
>Korea hated Japan so much that they bootlegged their games out of spite
>They got mad when Japan stepped in with copyrights laws
fucking asians man
>>
>>3203163
I think it's because Japan famously viewed imitation as the sincerest form of flattery and never really enacted their copyright defenses, hence why there's so much rule 34 doujins for sale over there. That shit ain't licensed.

Korea was pissed because they made an exception to their unofficial copyright honor code, and of course Korea wasn't gonna mention how spiteful they were by making the bootlegs in the first place.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.