[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

favorite Gundam game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: gundam.png (288KB, 4096x3584px) Image search: [Google]
gundam.png
288KB, 4096x3584px
favorite Gundam game?
>>
>>3201834
>>>/m/
>>
File: GundamW_EndlessDuel.gif (2MB, 365x375px) Image search: [Google]
GundamW_EndlessDuel.gif
2MB, 365x375px
Endless Duel
>>
>>3201842
But why? It's a bad 2d fighter with 8 playable bots
>>
>>3201848

Why not? it's not bad and 8 characters is enough.

>ib4 opinions that don't matter in the slightest
>>
>>3201852
Out of the entire Gundam multiverse, even though this was for Wing (which is shit), 8 is not enough. I think that even the SEED fighting games for the GBA had more
>>
>>3201861

I played that game back in 1997 when I was a kid, rented a bootleg copy since the game didn't originally came out in the west.
I had 0 idea what those robots were, as Gundam wasn't aired here until years later. I just liked the game for the game itself, and I thought the robots were bad ass. Played the game recently, still awesome.

I've watched 0079 and some of Z but I'm not that big of a fan. Only watched a couple episodes of Wing on TV, it was meh indeed.
>>
>>3201842
Why were Natsume so based during the SNES days?
>>
Gihren no Yabou
>>
>>3201839
They just wanna talk about mecha waifus in /m/
As long as it stays retro I'd say this is fine.
>>
>>3201898
I haven't been to /m/ in a couple of weeks. But there was always at least one /m/ game thread, a G gen thread, and general Gundam game thread along with IBO shitposting, tokushit, Gojira, plamo, SRWG, best mecha design, worst mecha design, Macross, obscure 70s mecha... Has it become /a/ in the meantime?

Back on topic, best Gundam game is the SRW @ series
>>
>>3201874

Serious Fun.
>>
It's not really anything special without the gundam license but I enjoyed hot scramble on famicom. Bugs the fuck out on an emulator but the cartridge is cheap as hell. The side scrolling sections kind of remind me a bit of thexder.
>>
>>3201834
My favorite is Gundam Battle Universe, followed by SD Gundam G Generation Overworld. My favorite retro Gundam game is actually Hot Scramble, although pic related can be fun with friends.
I wish I could figure out what the deal is with the other SD games on SNES though.

>>3201981
Haha no, nowadays it's mostly G-Reco or IBO shitposting.
>>
>>3201872
Turn A was the best Gundam series.

Speaking of Turn A, did it ever get any games? If so, do they have translations available.
>>
>>3201848
It has 9 + one secret OP character.
>>
>>3202768
Epyon is only available in vs. mode.
>>
The only good Gundams are G and Zeta. Seed and Wing are fucking terrible.
>>
>>3202776
Edgy.
>>
Best retro Gundam game: Battle Assault 2
Best non-retro Gundam game: One Year War (PS2)

SRW is great, too, but not strictly Gundam, of course.
>>
Loved this game. Very short though. Shame we never got the Japanese premium disc which unlocked battles against Amuro, Guncannon, and Guntank. It also had extra weapons on it.
>>
>>3202460
No. Turn A isn't that popular.

>>3202776
All of them except G-Reco are good to varying degrees.
>>
Best retro Gundam game: SD Gundam G Generation F./I.F, and a personal Top 5 game.

Best non-retro Gundam game: Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2

Best retro game with Gundams in it: Super Robot Wars F Final

Best non-retro game with Gundams in it: Super Robot War Z / Z Special Disk
>>
>>3201995

It's a shame there wasn't another game in the style of Hot Scramble to improve on that formula. Were the levels designed better they could have made the gameplay of transformable MS really fun. There is surprisingly little out there that plays like Thexder too.
>>
>>3203034
Fucking this. Why weren't there more Gundam games like this? They could have made one for Xbox that made use of the Steel Battalion controller.
>>
>>3203216
For sure, the gameplay was super simple but a few tweaks and some extra polish could have made it something pretty unique and special.

>>3203293
There's the three gundam side story games on Saturn but those are kind of a step back from the dreamcast one. Still worth playing though. There's also the gundam arcade game that came out 7 or 8 years ago that is basically steel battalion gundam. If you can handle the cringe that is soulja boy in Japan, he starts playing at 3 minutes in. https://youtu.be/h1jj84wZnsM
>>
>>
>>3201834
The one where Bright shoots down an Angel.
>>
>>3203034
This
All day everyday
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.