[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to emulate pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

What's the best way to emulate pic related?
>>
N64 emulation is very buggy and unreliable, I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>3199057
everdrive
>>
>>3199057
Gamecube
>>
Project64
>>
>>3199059
except OOT works fine
>>
>>3199057
Dolphin
I'd assume the gamecube version, but dont quote me on that
>>
>>3199057

Not playing it at all and just posting about how it has aged terribly
>>
File: Ocarina of Time.jpg (220KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina of Time.jpg
220KB, 640x472px
I played Ocarina of Time from start to finish using the Project64 emulator. It worked perfectly. Never had any problems, and the game responded and controlled extremely well.
>>
>>3199057
now that OoT HD is out I don't think i'd bother.
>>
>>3199057

Every emulator in existence.
OoT is THE one game that if even nothing else works will work, it's the one that every emulator is optimised for (along with SM64). PJ64 1.0 will do just fine, and version 1.6 will do even better. I played through it with 1.6 without problems.
>>
File: also_MFW.jpg (15KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
also_MFW.jpg
15KB, 540x405px
>>3199057
> Maybe 1999
> Hanging out in crappy local Internet Café
> Browsing RPGClassics in motherfucking Netscape Navigator, see OOT rom for the first time in random emulation site
> (screenshot burned in retina, was pic related or something to that effect)
> holy shit it's like 25mb or something not counting emulator and whatnot
> wait like 1 hour for the downloads while scrounging floppies
> they survive the journey home. Extract. Boot.
> The logo rotates. IT ROTATES--HORSE HOOVES FADE IN--

The weird sprite filtering didn't matter; neither did the glitchy sun or the clumsily mapped analog stick and C-buttons. It was glorious, and so was life.
>>
>>3199208
ultra64 was pretty ballin
>>
>>3199151
That's because they've heavily bandaged it to try to make it look and play as it's supposed to. Sort of like creating a clone game. If that suits you then fine, but don't be surprised if you find out the original plays a lot different.
>>
>>3199221
and when you play the original dont forget that it looks like a blocky blurry mess. i much rather play the gamecube's emulated OOT version at 480i/480p than have to deal with the n64's image quality.
>>
>>3199231
PAL resolution is fullscreen 576 lines. You know people have different tastes in graphics so why say that? I like N64 graphics, they're not like that, honestly he probably should play the official emulated gamecube versions, not project 64 patchwork.
>>
>download oot rom
>install project 64 1.6
done. the only setting you should touch is synching audio to the game
>>
Project64, Mupen64 and sixtyforce all work well enough with OOT and the staple stuff like Mario 64, Goldeneye, Smash Bros, etc.

It's when you start going into more obscure territory (even something as entry level as Wipeout 64) shit starts fucking up.
>>
>>3199221
>Original games plays differently
How so?
>>
If you have a 3DS, just hack it and play it for free.

The game runs like trash even on the original hardware at a rock solid 22FPS (or 16FPS for yurocucks) and emulation is even worse.
>>
>>3199291
Because they're using HLE. If something goes wrong for a particular game they fix it as best they can. This is significantly different to things not looking right in traditional emulation and whatever your thoughts on it is a fact worth noting.

"Co-authors Epsilon and RealityMan realized that since N64 games were programmed in C, they should concentrate on intercepting (the far fewer) C library calls instead of intercepting machine level operations, and write their own code to implement the libraries. Thus, UltraHLE software is in fact an emulator with some parts implemented as a simulation, and the technique is not used in purist emulation projects such as MAME".

You have people trying to make it look and feel like the original with fixes. That's not accurate emulation in the same way you get for fourth gen and below. If you like it go ahead and do it, but you should not expect that it will be the same as on original hardware.
>>
Use retroarch and the CRT filter. It is supposed to be blurry.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (422KB, 1621x1079px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
422KB, 1621x1079px
find this disk, it is a must have. or make a download work on your softmodded wii, which is easy enough.
>>
File: oot.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
oot.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>3199231
looks fine to me
>>
Project 64 works the best

>>3199221
>don't be surprised if you find out the original plays a lot different.
I play both versions, there is no difference.
>>
>>3199604
>I play both versions, there is no difference.
I play the game on project 64, wii virtual console, and n64. While they all function well enough to enjoy the game from start to finish, they all have obvious differences from one another and if you think otherwise you're blind/retarded.
>>
>>3199624
>they all play pretty much the same and I'm blind/retarded
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>3199624

List them
>>
>>3199151
>>3199076
>>3199118
>>3199057
i wanted to replay it nowadays. can you advice a good hi-res texture pack for it? and with wich emu/vga driver does it working best?
>>
>>3199880
forget to add, that it's the Master Quest edition
>>
>>3199624
I grew up with these games on N64, I know these games well, they're exactly as I remember through emulator. Nothing is different, apart from maybe some flickering textures or a broken menu in an occasional game, stuff like that which is down to the quality of the emulator.

Are you perhaps used to PAL versions of the games and just now playing the superior NTSC versions via P64 and Wii VC? That's the only way I can imagine you noticing some kind of difference.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.