[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kirby Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: mic-vocals-kirby.png (86KB, 359x304px) Image search: [Google]
mic-vocals-kirby.png
86KB, 359x304px
because everyone loves Kirby (>'.' )>
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x266px
I like Kirby too. I know it's not retro but the upcoming one looks like the best in a while.
>>
>>3197630
Triple Deluxe is legitimately the best Kirby game since Super Star, so the next one may well be fantastic too if they continue that streak from TD.
>>
File: KA.jpg (141KB, 640x912px) Image search: [Google]
KA.jpg
141KB, 640x912px
I don't like the physics or movement in the newer games. Give me back my speed & momentum.
>>
>>3198683
PR is better than TD in my opinion. Best Kirby game remains >>3198696 though. Super Star or Dream Land 2 comes in second.
>>
>>
I don't understand why the never brought back the "helper" concept. That was literally what made Kirby Superstar so great, and they only employed it for one game. Imagine a 2P helper for crystal shards!

It's so glaringly obvious, i question if developers even play the games before they sell them
>>
Kirby's Dreamland 3 is the best Kirby game and if you don't agree then get the fuck out of my face
>>
>>3199054
developers do, and know. Publishers are the retards. Unfortunately as a developer you need to convince the publisher
>>
>>3199062
Well considering Hal has been the developer all along and Nintendo has always been the publisher, wtf has been going on since Super Star?
>>
>>3199064
probably the same reason they didnt think to just use Knuckles instead of the "warehog"

probably the same reason they didnt just make a new megaman X instead of giving us "megaman zero"

probably the same reason they decided we wanted samus to get all emo on us in other M
>>
>>3199148
With Other M that actually was a different developer, though.
>>
>>3199154
one of the original designers though. A case of the developer not understanding their own product. It does happen
>>
>>3198683
Triple Deluxe is dull as fuck, even Squeak Squad is better.
>>
>>3197498
My son hates Kirby. My favorite SS character that I consistently whip his ass with. Even on modern games going against his cheap ass shit.
>>
>>3198696
my favourite video game
>>
>>3199148
Megaman X6 was in development at the same time as the first Zero game.
>>
File: Flappy_Kirby.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flappy_Kirby.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>3199054
They were going to, on the Gamecube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_dZenzrXRA

Then a large chunk of Hal left the company (including co-directors Masahiro Sakurai and Shinchi Shimomura) halfway through development. I guess the game was too big, technical, and ambitious for what was left of Hal to handle. So they started from scratch with a much simpler, more basic game, Kirby's Return to Dream Land

The truth is most of the people who made Kirby good have been gone for a long time.
>>
>>3200749
Huh, I wonder if that explains why Return to Dream Land starts off good but peters out around the halfway mark?
>>
>>3199054
Helpers were a decent concept, but in the end, you were just playing a gimped Kirby that could be healed anytime, at no cost. With the introduction of other Kirbys, they were basically made obsolete.

Plus, Crystal Shards wouldn'f work with that system. Being stuck as a character with only one move wouldn't be fun.
>>3200753
The game went through many revisions. It's not like Duke Nukem Forever, they literally rebuilt the game over and over until they ended up with the current one. Shimomura basically disappeared after Crystal Shards and Sakurai left after Air Ride. If they had any influence, it was in the earliest possible build.
>>
>>3200905
>in the end, you were just playing a gimped Kirby that could be healed anytime
No, you were playing as a totally different guy with a completely different appearance, and who doesn't need to worry about losing his power every time he gets hit.
>>
>>3200905
Shimomura was credited as director of Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. We don't know exactly when he went awol.
>>
>>3202319
The point is that when they included actual simultaneous multiplayer in Dream Land 3 and Amazing Mirror, helpers weren't really seen as necessary anymore. They're too conditional and would require all new sprites and animations for enemies that are supposed to have about two actual moves, which would suck if you're playing Amazing Mirror and the only way you can actually join the game is if your friend decided to give up an ability.

Crystal Shards would've been a mess anyway, how would you take 42 different powers and make them their own helper, with just one move and way less enemies to choose from?
>>
>>3202943
gooey > helpers > dedede, meta knight, and waddle dee > kirby recolors
>>
>>3202951
The best helper was TAC, who was basically a Kirby that healed every time he copied. All of the others sucked by comparison.
>>
File: 2101334_p0.jpg (403KB, 630x670px) Image search: [Google]
2101334_p0.jpg
403KB, 630x670px
>>3202971
>not playing Bio Spark
>implying most OP means the best, or that the others aren't good'

I bet you breeze through the arena with rock or hammer, too.
>>
>>3202981
You can play as Bio Spark with TAC. And if you're bored of Bio Spark, you can play as someone else. That was the fun part about TAC.
>>
File: 559.jpg (202KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
559.jpg
202KB, 600x574px
>>3202971
>mfw always using second controller when playing co-op to be TAC
>>
>>3202981
So why the fuck was the ninja character named Bio Spark? He has no electricity powers.
>>
>>3203497
That's just what his parents named him, you jerk.
>>
>>3203553
>triggered
>>
>>3204702
You're a fucking retard if you thought that was serious, or if you think saying "triggered" is somehow funny
>>
>>3204968
>I'm a fucking retard cuz I thought that was serious
FTFYK
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.