[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Quest thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1459222777510.jpg (1MB, 1192x816px) Image search: [Google]
1459222777510.jpg
1MB, 1192x816px
>>
File: 45646446.jpg (116KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
45646446.jpg
116KB, 400x536px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6EnAstG3s
>>
>>3197192
God, I felt so sad in VIII when that fucking shadowy-bird guy kills her baby.
>>
Why is NOT RETRO the best game in the series?
>>
File: dragon_quest_iiib.jpg (1MB, 1183x817px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_quest_iiib.jpg
1MB, 1183x817px
>>3197230

III is retro though
>>
>>3197230
I like IX a lot even though it's pretty different from the other games.
>>
>>3197230
Because all the other games were lacking in technical and audiovisual department
>>
File: confused anime girl 3.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girl 3.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>3197230

>V
>Not retro
>>
I'm playing through IV now, and I picked up the steel strongbox without putting a rock on the trap. What do?
>>
>>3199820
Drop strongbox on trap. Get rock. Rock trap. Strongbox. Play. Huuu
>>
>>3197230
its amazing because the budget, but the class/weapon system and the tacked on monster team leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
Playing DQHeroes right now along DQ III for the 61256152 fucking time, this time gbc version, gotta kill those bonus bosses.
>>
I'm excited for the 3DS rereleases of VII and VIII. Moreso VII. I've finished I-IV on the NES and VIII. I have tried all of the rereleases of I-VI, but I feel like the games' aesthetic fits the NES and SNES really well. VIII was beautiful.

I tried VII last summer, and played for maybe 10 hours, but it's pretty godamned ugly. I was emulating it and that was definitely part of the problem (used something on Android; no good audio, no good video). I'm curious to see it updated. The vibe on the 3DS seems pretty solid.

Lately I've been thinking I'd like to try V. I might do a repro, or even the Everdrive. I don't dig the DS or mobile port graphics. I got ~40% through last time and remember the fan trans being pretty decent.

Has anyone tried the 3DS port of VIII? I think they added two extra characters, right? That doesn't sound appealing to me. I liked the tight four characters (even if Jessica and Angelo weren't as developed). Being able to swap characters sounds no good, to me.
>>
>>3200802
Play the DS version of V. It's got so many improvements, from cleanly animated battle sprites to having four active party members rather than three. Plus I like the visual style, it's very PSOne.

Don't bother with VIII 3DS play it on your PS2 on a crisp CRT.

VII rocks hard.
>>
>>3202385
>don't bother with VIII 3DS
To be fair it does have some decent new content, probably good for a second playthrough.
>>
>>3202897
It has enough new shit to convince me to buy it, despite the face that I own and have played the PS2 version at least four times to completion (including all the postgame/good ending stuff).

Can't wait to play it again and marry Jessica
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.