[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tengai Makyou II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (54KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 256x240px
Anyone ever play Far East of Eden: Manjimaru? I'd like to hear some opinions

It's apparently the best selling turbografx game of all time, and is one of the highest rated 16-bit RPGs. But it's been untranslated for years so few have played it
>>
>>3196592
An anon here did play through most Tengai Makyou games, you might want to check the archives.

I personally played through Zero, a bit of IV and the non retro GBA game, so I can't tell you a lot about it besides what you already know.

A japanese friend told me that it was kinda like the PCE's own FFVII, that's all I can tell you.

I personally didn't like what I played outside of the GBA game which is actually a really solid and interesting game, Zero had great graphics and a fun cast, lots of content in terms of sidequests but the battle system and battles in general aren't really that hot, IV didn't manage to keep me interested for more than a hour so I dropped it.
>>
>>3196592
The eorld is pretty big and expansive, but I wasnt a fan of the encounter rate. Its not Sailor Moon another Story levels of bad, but its up there. I liked Kabuki den a lot more because of the character interaction and it feels like it has the strongest story direction out of the pce games. Namida is also up there in that but its also particularly slow for a ps2 game. Along with Tma4, theyre laughably easy and you can steer through that one on autobattle with all of the special attacks and items turned off.

They are really pleasant for the worldbuilding and you really wont find anything like them, although pretty much every port of each game is censored in one way or another, save for the fighters.
>>
>>3196592
I'm surprised no one has put out a translation of the game script for this. I've heard hacking a CD game is harder than a cartridge. Just a script dump would be nice.
>>
>>3199023
Funny enough I have one in progress. Several sites have the Japanese script posted. That said, the one I dumped is a good 280 pages or so and each page is a whole map/story event with all extras and I'm maybe 3% done. Hacking is probably not going to happen since every port of the game looks like the 9th circle of hell on the inside.
>>
>>3199765
Doing gods work anon. I look forward to the one day we can all play this gem in full glory.
>>
File: draft.png (52KB, 696x569px) Image search: [Google]
draft.png
52KB, 696x569px
>>3202754

It's a game I like(although I like Kabuki Den more as it fixes a lot of the pacing issues I was bitching about earlier in the thread). Unfortunately, I just like too many games and I'm buried in other projects to really give it the love it deserves. I'm also not the best translator or anything so it's still a lot of pencil/paperwork and takes time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.