[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides the N64, what are some other consoles with poor emulation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: emulation glitch.jpg (156KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
emulation glitch.jpg
156KB, 500x372px
Besides the N64, what are some other consoles with poor emulation?
>>
File: Eiyuu Densetsu III Shiroki Majo.jpg (129KB, 622x560px) Image search: [Google]
Eiyuu Densetsu III Shiroki Majo.jpg
129KB, 622x560px
Saturn
>>
>>3195652
PC-98, PC-88, FM-7, X1
They don't even have complicated hardware, it's just like the emulators haven't been updated since 2002 and the same glitches still exist today
>>
>>3195703
PC-98 is truly the worst. The most popular ones aren't open source so they will never be improved.

There is a qemu fork that looks promising though.
>>
>>3195703
NP2fmgen gets updated every few weeks. M88 is also pretty regularly.
http://ux.getuploader.com/emu/

>>3195705
Base NP2 is open source.
http://www.yui.ne.jp/np2/
>>
>>3195652
All emulation is a poor substitute for real hardware.
>>
>>3195892
o rly
>>
>>3195892
Not if you're playing King's Field :p
>>
>>3195892
'sup Bootsy, when are you gonna make another video on how to beat a game?

Why is N64 so hard to emu anyway? People can pull off emulating PS2 but not a console from 1996? C'mon.
>>
>>3195652
Dreamcast
>>
>>3196612
Not the anon you responded to, but that is probably one of the standout best uses for emulators. Fuck.

I have that in hard copy and sometimes it's so painful, I usually have to start it up two or three times to get past the first loading screen.
>>
>>3196772
Lack of interest, pure and simple. The general consensus is that all you need to play on n64 is mario, zelda, and smash bros, all of which work well enough now for people to not complain much.
>>
>>3197132
>Lack of interest
Bullshit. There's heaps of interest, it's just really hard coz there's no docs.
>>
>>3197307
Just face reality and admit the console is a shovelware fest.
>>
>>3197309
on the contrary, being an unpopular console made it have much less shovelware than other systems. The general trend is that the more popular a system is, the more shovelware it has. Case in point, the PS1/PS2 have mountains of shovelware, meanwhile the Virtual Boy library is almost entirely good games.
>>
>>3197346
The problem with most of the Virtual Boy games is that they should have been on the Super Nintendo instead of the Virtual Boy. Very few of the Virtual Boy games use the virtual reality. Like only one game uses it. Teleroboxer.
>>
>>3197307
There's actually a fair number of docs out there
>>
Why is it that N64 emulation has had the most money spent on it. And yet there is like, no progress.
>>
>>3197132
Sup /v/
>>
>>3197953
Sup bitch
>>
>>3197132

Just about. On top of that I'd recommend Pilot Wings, Mystical Ninja Goemon, Hybrid Heaven, Quest 64, Kirby 64, Goldeneye, Operation Winback. All pretty cheap except Goemon and easy to obtain.
>>
>>3197926
Ironically its all in MIPS, which is super easy to emulate, but the overall complexity of the system means interfacing the 'parts' of the emulator is hard, and people are still using n64 emu base code from the 90's that's full of hacks.

Bad foundation = bad modern emulators.
>>
>>3197978
>but the overall complexity of the system

once you exclude the MIPS CPU from the equation. the only thing left to emulate is the GPU (SGI RCP) which is based on MIPS anyway

emulator authors can't even emulate one goddamn 20 year old chip properly
>>
File: koji-kondo-laughing.jpg (30KB, 530x291px) Image search: [Google]
koji-kondo-laughing.jpg
30KB, 530x291px
>>3197346
>people believe this
N64 had less than 20 good games.
>>
>>3197859
Sup AVGN.
The main point of the hardware was parallax 3D and all of the games used it. Even imagining that portable hardware from 1995 could do virtual reality is falling for false hopes and marketing.
>>
File: ken-kutaragi-chortling.jpg (19KB, 287x297px) Image search: [Google]
ken-kutaragi-chortling.jpg
19KB, 287x297px
>>3199685
And the PS1 was any better?
>>
>>3199783
Yeah this. Did Nintendo ever market it as virtual reality? I don't think they did but maybe I'm wrong, but at least back then I never got that impression it would be a 1:1 reality simulator. It was just games in 3D which was awesome. If they had just waited a couple years for the cost to come down so they could put it in full color it would've sold like hot cakes and been revolutionary.
>>
>>3197953
>>3197974
Yeah, I don't agree with it but it's the popular consensus. Just like how so many people seem to think segas has nothing but Sonic games.

I also think blast corps, tetrisphere, and F-Zero X are must-plays.
>>
>>3199796
I can list close to 20 first party games worth playing for the PS1. Then you add in the third party support and yes. The PS1 has far over 20 games worth playing.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any good laserdick system emulators.
>>
>>3199828
> The PS1 has far over 20 games worth playing.
List them then. At best I can recall about only 10 more games worth playing then the N64 (which I also think is a complete turd btw), which isn't very much.
>>
Pretty much anything that relies on plugins. We should not still be using a fucking Glide wrapper nearly 15 years after the cards went defunct. Yes it lets you do some neat things, no it's not fucking accurate.
>>
>>3199937
Ever heard of Robo Pit, shitlord?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.