[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-FF Squaresoft Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Parasite Eve.jpg (43KB, 425x409px) Image search: [Google]
Parasite Eve.jpg
43KB, 425x409px
Let's discuss Squaresoft games other than Final Fantasy. Nothing against FF, but FF threads are a dime a dozen.

I just beat pic related last night and liked it quite a bit, though I thought the battle system could have used some work. How does the sequel compare?
>>
Xenogears was Squaresoft IIRC. Xenogears was good, second disc a bit less maybe but still good.
>>
>>3192585
>How does the sequel compare?

Basically it's a completely different game, which is the way sequels should be.
>>
The sequel is almost completely different. You know, the way sequels used to be.
>>
>>3192592
>>3192593
How different is the battle system? Is it not still ATB-based with movement?
>>
>>3192603
It's more like resident evil.
>>
>>3192585
I really like 2, it's very survival horror-y as I'm sure thats what the devs were going for. But is very fun and actually a pretty decent entry to the genre
>>
>>3192603
Resident Evil with an MP system that pauses the action while you select and target your spells.
>>
>>3192585
The sequel is great if you're down for a b-horror story that can still manage to be a bit creepy at times with an interesting mix of resident evil meets ATB JRPG battles.

Don't go into it thinking it's as cinematic and ambitious as PE1 and you'll be fine.
>>
>>3192585
>How does the sequel compare?
inferior in every way, aside from the boss battles
>>
PE is one of the best rpg's back in square's psone era

did you try the chrystler building and fighting the extra levels getting extra items?
>>
>>3192705

Pretty much this except I like the story in 1 quite a bit more than 2. Also I highly recommend the book.
>>
Any one know how Threads of Fate is? I remember enjoying the demo disc for it but never got full game.
>>
>>3192727
And I highly recommend you skip the book, it's crap.
>>
File: bushido-blade.jpg (85KB, 690x439px) Image search: [Google]
bushido-blade.jpg
85KB, 690x439px
>>3192759
It's great, I loved it. I also loved Legend of Mana, SaGa Frontier and Vagrant story...

>>3192585
... but THIS is by far my most-played non-FF Squaresoft PSX game. So many drunk matches with friends
>>
>>3192786

Yeah, buddy! Bushido Blade 1 and 2 are still my favorite fighting games. I prefer 2's combat because its lack of a dedicated block button made combat very fluid and white-knuckle. No turtling, no tanking, just intercept and counter every attack.

The only problem with 2 is that the spear is janky as fuck and someone will be an asshat and pick one of the two gun wielding characters. Houserule them out and it's a pretty intricate game.
>>
>Own Parasite Eve
>Own Parasite Eve 2
>Have yet to play either because I'm still reading the novel

The book is actually really good. It has technobabble, but it seems to actually be legitimate scientific practice.

One character is also very angsty over having a transplanted kidney, which seems to be sentient somehow.

I'll finish the book eventually. Hopefully it makes the first game all the more enjoyable, since the game is a sequel to the novel.
>>
>>3193175
Nah, there's still that dude with the nodachi and his cheap-ass dagger throw that apparently has satellite tracking. He's also got that overhead stance that will just break through any defense, too.
>>
>>3193182
>since the game is a sequel to the novel

The Parasite Eve series is a sequel to the novel like Halloween 3 is a sequel to Halloween 1 and 2.
>>
>>3193183

That's a good point. The fact that some characters had insta-kill thrown weapons whereas others didn't was kind of annoying. I understand those with non-lethal weapons had more of them, but it's a real kick in the dick when you throw a frog and the other person throws a FUCKING TOMAHAWK into your chest.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.