[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

objectively the best game of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: mariotennis64_n64box.jpg (51KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
mariotennis64_n64box.jpg
51KB, 500x347px
objectively the best game of all time
>>
yoshi's objectively the hardest cpu next to shyguy
>>
It's definitely the best Mario Tennis game on the N64, I'll give you that.
>>
>>3192157
nah i like my tennis gaming on the go, nigga
>>
daisy n wario are my nigguhs
>>
Gotta love dat low poly Peach.
>>
thats not mario golf
>>
File: zeldapeach4.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
zeldapeach4.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>3192194
>we'll never have sfm low poly peach
>>
>>3192157
I always picked the ghost
>>
>>3192157
I fucking loved the RPG version on the GBC.
Are there any other Tennis RPGs out there?
>>
>>3192286
The N64 game is brutal, man. The GBC version however is more like the Mario Tennis game for GBC with leveling up and all that and seems to be more accessible.
>>
>>3192286

toadstool tour > 64
>>
>>3192289
rule 34 plz on those two neon demons
>>
>>3192338
Well, there's the GBA Mario Tennis
>>
>>3193260
GBA Mario Tennis might actually be the best of the Mario Tennis games. I say this as someone who has played all but GB Mario Tennis and the shit on wii u.

Or it would be the best, were it not for the awful anime kids you're forced to play as for three quarters of the game. There's this whole story and it has nothing to do with Mario until the very end. No pre-existing Mario characters even appear until that point.

Still, as far as playing tennis goes it's probably the best of the games.

Also Mario literally communicates by jumping up and down and having Toadsworth translate.
>>
>>3192338
GBC Mario Tennis gave me countless hours of fun that no other sports game could ever come close to. I'm not even fond of sports games at all, but the RPG elements plus the rewarding gameplay did it for me. The GBA version was enjoyable as well, but did little to innovate (even the overall plot structure was much of the same as the gbc version), and I suspect it didnt sell as desired.
I actually hoped that DS would get a sequel, but nope; it was already a dead horse. Gone way too soon for what could've been a great series.
>>
>>3192157
>misspelled Virtua
>>
>>3192327
Me too, Boo was great.

>>3193279
Power Tour was a lot of fun, but yeah it did sort of suck to have to play as kids. Didn't stop it from being a good game though. At least once you do finally make it to play against Mario characters, you get to play them over and over if you want.

>>3193334
What's GBC Mario Tennis like? Is it on the 3DS eShop? Is it similar to Power Tour?
>>
File: Mariogolf.jpg (64KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
Mariogolf.jpg
64KB, 500x349px
You posted the wrong one OP
>>
>>3193514
GBC mario tennis is pretty much identical to the GBA version. The GBA version just put in power shots and more characterization. Oh and GBC has sets that go to six games.
>>
>>3193498
This, Virtua Tennis is basically the greatest tennis game ever made.
>>
File: 81pH1WzItlL._SL1500_.jpg (354KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81pH1WzItlL._SL1500_.jpg
354KB, 1500x1500px
Uh no. This is the objectively best game of all time.
>>
>>3192167
my man
>>
>>3193514
it is on the eshop! well worth it, one of the best games they actually have on there
>>
>>3195442
>it is on the eshop!
Shit, really? How did I even miss this game
I'll definitely be getting it now.
>>
>>3192167
This game should have been way better, Mario Tennis GBC blows it out of the water.

At least it isn't Snoopy Tennis, now there's a sack of shit if I ever played one.
>>
>>3192352
You can also become an overpowered sack of shit in Golf GBC.

>put all your points in strength
>become happy gilmore
>>
>>3195475
>googles Snoopy Tennis
>it looks exactly like Mario Tennis
what were you trying to do there nigga
>>
mario golf is always more interesting because of the amount of variables and stuff when mario tennis has very finite ways of returning and controlling the ball making it repetitive
>>
File: 1271886309-00.jpg (104KB, 671x766px) Image search: [Google]
1271886309-00.jpg
104KB, 671x766px
Right game, wrong version.
>>
>>3195556
say that after you beat Federer in mario tennis
>>
>>3195556
>mario tennis has very finite ways of returning and controlling the ball making it repetitive

That's the whole trick to it though, putting your opponent into a situation where they have no favorable moves. It's not something you can just do, it takes steps. Like in chess, you must think moves ahead if you want to win the game.

God damn I love Mario Tennis.
>>
File: maple.jpg (21KB, 278x473px) Image search: [Google]
maple.jpg
21KB, 278x473px
>>3193598

best character coming through
>>
>>3195914
:3
>>
File: muh floot.jpg (37KB, 666x527px) Image search: [Google]
muh floot.jpg
37KB, 666x527px
>>3192157

Mario Tennis was so good. The physics ont he 64, the mechanics, everything was good. It was like Gran Turismo for golf. Jack Thompson Golden Tee on crack. Quite possibly the top of the top for sports games. Once I jacked off to Mario in tennis trunks.

>tfw Megaman Soccer is the only better sports game
>>
>>3195554
imagine a mario tennis copycat which does basically everything worse and you get Snoopy Tennis. Had that game as a kid and hated it.
>>
anybody else like the Wii U game? I know it was rushed to hell and is missing a lot of series mainstays for characters/modes, but man is it nice to finally have Open's tennis gameplay on a console. Personally I rank it as second only to N64, and someday I might even rank it higher, just because the tennis is so tight. And for reference, I thought Power Tennis was focused too much on gimmicks and not enough on good tennis play, and that Open was ruined by Miis being plainly broken.
>>
>>3192157
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-A9Ii4mafE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkz8LEuWl7U
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.