[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Games you played but can't remember the title" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20160505-WA0006.jpg (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160505-WA0006.jpg
38KB, 640x640px
I've been trying to find a game for a very long time, and I made a thread so other people can post their recollections as well.

It's a game about a house party with a bunch of monsters in it like Frankenstein and a mummy and a werewolf. You play as the rookie partner of this green detective guy in the crudely drawn image.

A couple other random details about it:
>There's a mini-game where theres mice in the cupboard
>At the end, you have to pick the culprit from a line up
>You get a badge with your name on it when you win
>I remember playing it on Windows 95 or 98 so it would have been in the late 1990's (or 2000?)

And I looked through Wikipedia's lists of games for each year in the 1990s, ctrl-f'ed "Monster", "Party" "House" "Detective" "Mystery" and got nothing. Please help if you can.
>>
File: Z0037112.jpg (183KB, 1023x907px) Image search: [Google]
Z0037112.jpg
183KB, 1023x907px
I found the fucking game guys I can sleep now
>>
I remember playing a game in the late 90's I think it came with a 3D card my dad bought.

There was a desert and you had a sort of tank and some sort of shiruken was one weapon, there were enemy fighters like hawks and powerups scattered around. I never actually figured out how to move the tank - It wasn't the arrow keys. At the end it says how many civillians killed so I assume there was a settlement you had to protect. I think, in reflection it had a sort of dune feel, though I might be projecting this.

I think there was another game / demo on the same disc where there were platforms in the sky and the characters looked like egyptian gods and could fight each other I think.

Been trying to find out for years, actually one of my earliest gaming memories.
>>
There was a pretty old 2D sidescroller, you play the typical barbarian hero facing traps and many enemies, It was punishingly difficult and needed precision. All I really remember about it is the intro some demon rips the roof off a house and reaches in maybe taking a baby I think. Some expert posted an impressive run of it on youtube and I was wanting to see it.
>>
A DOS game where you're a little spaceship that lands on these refueling platforms with little barrels on them. There's a lot of red rock surrounding the levels and if you hit it you explode.

Flight was similar to Asteroids.
>>
some DOS game about gray furry squirrel (humanoid) that jumped over pond using small rocks in 1st level

had this game on pirate multi-game CD

want to know the name

aslo I remember that BG was not tiled, but very nice artwork

pre 1995 game I believe

Help me /vr/
>>
>a thread dedicated to this sort of thing already exists
>posts new thread, killing another thread in the process
Learn to use the CATALOG, you fucking cunts.
>>
>>3194024
This is the only thread right now, If there was one yesterday, OP messed up. But let us continue
>>
There was a PS1 turn based RPG in the late 90's Main character called Ash, long unskippable cutscenes in a castle. one level fighting pirates, one fighting a sandworm, aniother fighting zombie civilians that you weren't allowed to kill.
>>
>>3194887
Dude, literally "ps1 rpg ash" gets me the answer.
>>
>>3191079
DOS game where you're building a car by accumulating parts in a platforming section and then race your car.

VGA graphics if I'm remembering correctly.
>>
It was a fishing game for Windows.
You were on a boat on a river.
I think you could use a harpoon.
There were several types of fish you could catch.
The game was somewhat reminiscent of the Deer Hunter games.
>>
>>3193805
Legend snes?
>>
>>3194923

Gizmos and Gadgets
>>
There were these big ducks/geese and pigs with rockets strapped to their backs as enemies, it was a FPS-style game for kids.

>tfw the duck enemies gave me recurring nightmares for years
>>
I used to play a game on an laptop my dad got used from somewhere that had a game on it that I've been trying to find for awhile now. It was a windows 3.1 laptop I think, and the game was basically some medieval game with swords and magic that you could level up and learn. I know there was a forest area in it where you fought a Minotaur I think and a town in it that you had to get your quests from. I don't really remember much else honestly, I used to call it "hero game" but idk if the title even had hero in it, so if anyone knows what game I'm talking about and could tell me the name I'd really appreciate it
>>
There was this one educational game I used to play in the late 90s about two squirrels or chipmunks trying to save their tree or something like that. That's all I remember.
>>
>>3195269
Nope, it was even older than that only had 4 or five colours I think. The speedrun my friend showed me was about 20 minutes so it was a fairly short game too.
>>
In the late 90's at this nursery school I played a 2D side scroller adventure game, it all took place underground.
It was very much like a Lara Croft game with a female protagonist but I don't think it actually was. It all took place underground with rolling boulders, lifts and destructible blocks that you had to leave as you had to use them as jumping platforms in one area. The game ended when you finally got to the surface and escaped the dungeon.
>>
ยป
>>
>>3196893
HURL/Slob Zone 3D, perhaps?
>>
>>3198087
yes! that's it, thanks anon
>>
File: gfs_36744_2_81.jpg (81KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_36744_2_81.jpg
81KB, 960x600px
>>3197046
Quest for Glory: So You Want To Be A Hero (aka Hero's Quest). Pictured is VGA version from 1993, if it doesn't ring the bell, try also looking at the original EGA version.
>>
>>3199514
That's it, thank you so much I've looked for it on google for a long time trying to find it and could never find it sadly so again thanks.
>>
There was a game on one of those Nokia brick phones from the early 2000s in which a monkey would work through along a trail of squares and jump up cubes and shit. Used to play the shit out of it on my dad's phone but can't for the life of me remember it's name...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.