[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit to stream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dragon buster 2.png (40KB, 573x447px) Image search: [Google]
dragon buster 2.png
40KB, 573x447px
Say a stupid asshole was patient enough to stream jRPGs for someone not patient enough to play them, but also didn't want them to be insanely grindy (can give leeway with a fastforward option, either through emulation or in-game like Wizardry). Say they wanted to do it like a variety show with only about an hour-long burst for maybe 3 games at a time. Say anything up until about PS1 was fair game, what games would you recommend and what games would you avoid?
Figured Chrono Trigger and Live-A-Live would be alright, Earthbound and SMT are right out for taking fucking forever to get through. Thinking FEDA - Emblem of Justice might also be way too long and plodding, how about Robotrek?

How about Rent A Hero? I imagine the Phantasy Star series is far, far too grindy and long and slow, but still up for negotiation, and up for suggestions
>>
Honestly if you look at a guide for CT, you can easily beat the game in about 15 hours.
>>
>>3191053

Ah, misread your post.

Anyway I'd recommend Secret of Mana, it's not too long.
>>
I'd recommend you take your underage ass back to somewhere else and try and be fucking creative you stupid mong.
>>
>>3191053
Just get anti-grinding romhacks you dolt.
>>
File: shitty unitron with no friends.png (11KB, 329x316px) Image search: [Google]
shitty unitron with no friends.png
11KB, 329x316px
>>3191140
I understand the shitposting level is critical mass on /vr/ like this cucklefuck here >>3191160
but I'm genuinely curious if there's jRPGs that others would even be remotely interesting to watch that I could show off to someone as they tend to be rather notoriously bad for streaming. Vay, while mildly interesting plot for example, is incredibly boring to watch, with very dull visuals. I imagine Mega CD Lunar 1 and 2 would be more interesting watches than Vay.

If you're more interested in worsening the shitposting problem by being part of it, go for it, but still going to look for other suggestions.
>>
>>3191197
Take your Ritalin kiddo.

Willow on NES
>>
>>3191053
>SMT
>taking fucking forever to get through
What? That shit's pretty short, and pretty easy if you cheese.
But yeah, most of it is combat and exploration so it's a shit pick for a stream.
>>
>>3191197
Most entertaining retro RPG stuff to watch would probably be Mana games played in co-op. Turn based RPGs would be always a bad idea, except maybe roguelite stuff like Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>3191197
Instead of streaming, why not record in advance and edit the grinding parts in post-production? Just a thought.
>>
>>3191878
To be rather blunt, the audience in particular can be a whiny little bitch and feel less engaged watching pre-recorded stuff.
>>3191790
Not sure I could co-op but was considering the whole Seiken Densetsu series. SD1 for GB > Sword of Mana for GBA from what I remember, sound about right?
While turn-based isn't a deal breaker, I figure Breath of Fire II is probably about the longest length the intended audience could put up with.
>>3191307
Adventure games similar to Legend of Zelda are also up for consideration, thanks for the constructive shitpost.
>>3191785
Trying to avoid cheesing a game unless it's really fucking hilarious
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.