[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up /vr/? Never tried this game but saw it for a few bucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Whats up /vr/? Never tried this game but saw it for a few bucks last week. Should I buy it? How is it?
>>
It's bad.
>>
>>3187498
It's so bad, they should pay you to take it off their hands. I believe this game got a 0/10 rating from Game Informer.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>3187498
AVGN thread? AVGN thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCRDLccnYFo
>>
>>3187526
Goddamn never thought that it was so bad hahaha
Thx!
>>
>>3187534
Scratch that, this game is now great.
>>
>>3187498
It's bad but still kind of satisfying. Nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. You get used to the turn button and people who can't handle the instant death traps are millennial pussies.
>>
You will fail....mwahahahaha
>>
>>3187498
I remembered it was panned in it's day.

>>3187559
Kek, just give it time, we'll see some sperg walk in here and call it an underrated gem.
>>
>>3187498
It was Batman Forever all over again.
>>
I love that game, but mostly just for the challenge and looks. Much of the level design makes no sense. The turn button is pure shit.

The cutscenes are amazing
>>
>>3188504
It's not a gem, but it's definitely underrated. It's not good, but it's not the worst game ever. I think it's bad in all the right ways. Like a cheesy B movie. It's actually a lot of fun if you give it a chance.
>>
>>3189761
Not really, it's pretty shit and isn't worth your time. The controls are awful and feel awkward. The combat is mediocre and the level design is atrocious. I can see your point though in looking past its flaws and recognizing it as a misheard sheep.
>>
>>3190270
I don't know, I just think there's something satisfying about getting past the traps and exploring the stages. The game is definitely at its worst when it throws a lot of enemies at you, but I still enjoyed it back then. Most of the complaints I hear are the same that my friends had and they never got past stage 2.

Plus, it has that classic MK atmosphere, where everything is eerie and unsettling but also kind of silly. And like that other anon said, the cutscenes are amazing. They're so bad and cheesy. I think it's definitely worth at least a try for a fan of classic MK. And I mean a good try, not a "There's a turn button? Dropped!" try.
>>
>>3190384
2nd stage is definitely a fucking nightmare with it's rotating platforms, although they are easy once you figure out the right time to jump of course.

worst feeling is getting all the way through the water level and fire level on Easy only to get thrown to the title screen for not picking medium. i bet its not even much harder granted all the difficulty comes from the traps and respawning bullshit from not knowing where to go
>>
I played this on N64, remember a wind boss that would use a tornado attack, never could get past him.
>>
>>3190394
I don't know. I found myself dying from traps way more often in the early stages than later on. And enemies do get more aggressive and cheaper as the difficulty increases. But it's really not that hard on Normal. I don't remember if the number of lives also changes, though.
>>
>>3187498
Is a good idea but badly excuted.
The story is excellent, introduced a lot of big elements and characters to the franchise
Gameplay is fun if you like really hard beat em ups and platformers. Some levels are maze nightmares and that kills the fun for them. The controls are fucked up, thanks to the brilliant idea of having a turn button and not an aditional jump button.
Graphics are average, outdated by the time the game came out, but still look better than MK3 and MK4 in my opinion. Music is great.
FMVs are really chessy, but MK always had B-movie charm to it anyway.
Is not as bad as people say it is, and definitelly better than Special Forces.
I'm personally surprised no one ever tried to hack the game to fix it's issues.

If you are a big fan of the franchise get it, and you might enjoy it.
>>
>>3190270
Thanks generic list of flaws
>>
>>3191923
You're welcome
>>
File: 9dzmDQ6.jpg (7KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
9dzmDQ6.jpg
7KB, 213x237px
>>3190270
>>
>>3191923
Shut the fuck up dumb fuck. If the controls feel awful, that alone is enough to not bother with that piece of shit game
>>
>>3190406
Yeah I got stuck there for a bit as well. You had to run to the right and crouch down. You would hold on to the railing. That way you wouldn't be sucked in when the boss was dying.
>>
>>3192079
Holy shit, seriously? I beat the game a bunch of times and I never knew this. I always just ran to the edge and had to time it just right so that I wouldn't go running off the edge before the tornado's pull got strong enough to pull me but had enough time so that it didn't pull me before I was far enough to not get killed by it. That sounds so much easier.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.