[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is basically absolute garbage, and cannot compensate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: RetroPieLogo2015FeatImg.png (41KB, 512x398px) Image search: [Google]
RetroPieLogo2015FeatImg.png
41KB, 512x398px
So this is basically absolute garbage, and cannot compensate for an actual computer, right?

>N64 games run slow as fuck
>Cave Story port doesn't even launch
>SNES games don't launch with anything other than Snes9x, also run slow
>>
What do you mean? I got cave story to run great (however, I don't believe it's retro), most PlayStation games I've tried worked well, and the other emulators bar n64 and Saturn mostly work.

Are you using a zero or something?
What version are you using, and have you tried updating? Did you place the cave story files in the correct directory?
>>
>>3182708
It's the CS that comes with it.

I have a Pi 3, and the latest Retropie. Both Kirby Super Star and Dreamland run horribly.
>>
It's a frontend for something that doesn't need it. Just use fucking lakka already.
>>
>>3182198
The problem is not RetroArch or the Pi, it's the fact that N64 emulation is an inaccurate power-hogging shitshow. You need a Crysis-level PC to emulate GoldenEye, meanwhile every console under the 64 can be emulated with a potato.

Stick to PSX and 4th gen and below and you'll be happy.
>>
>>3182198
Also are you the guy who was posting on Reddit that SNES runs slow? I don't know what's up with that, SNES runs perfectly for me. What SNES ROMs are you playing? Are they verified good NTSC (U) ROMs? Don't use PAL (E) or others.
>>
Get an Odroid, Idiots.

Also, use N64oid it's old but it performs best

No analog support for PS3 controllers sucks though
>>
>>3182198
Just buy a small pc and hook it up to your tv.
>>
All generations of the Raspberry Pi are garbage. Everything runs horribly.

My 550mhz pentium 2 from 1999 ran emulators better than the Pi does. No joke.
>>
>>3183194
even retron's dualcore 1.6ghz processor is more suited for emulation than anything raspberry pi has put out
>>
>>3183183
>you need a Crysis-level PC to emulate GoldenEye

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>3182805
Cave story doesnt come with it fuckhead. Its an engine to run cavestory. Also change what snes emulator you use some handle better than others. Retards like you should just stay away altogether though
>>
>>3182805
Are you retarded? The "Cave Story" that came with it just runs it. You still need all the files.

Have you ever checked the wiki for this? It tells you just about everything.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/CaveStory
>>
>>3182198
>N64
That's your problem right there. Shitty console, shitty games, shitty, shitty, shitty.
>>
>>3183710
>Also change what snes emulator you use some handle better than others

Bullshit. None of the SNES emulators run either of those Kirby games well. Some wind up freezing the system.

You fuck off, shill. This isn't even an issue of emulators, it's an issue that the hardware itself is just plan shitty and insufficient to run the vast majority of games well.
>>
>>3183183
>You need a Crysis-level PC to emulate GoldenEye
Not back when UltraLHE existed. PII 400 & Voodoo2SLI were all it took to run nearly anything.
>>
>>3182805
You're a lying cocksucker. Based on your comment, I tested both games. They run flawlessly. Your setup is fucked or the roms are bad. Either way, you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>3184780
Don't talk down to me, kid.
>>
>RUNS LIKE SHIT
>no it doesn't, I checked it.
>I hate you.

Just an average day on /vr/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.