[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS1 games that DON'T work on PSP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

File: PSP-PS1-PSone-PSX-POPS-tuto.png (113KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
PSP-PS1-PSone-PSX-POPS-tuto.png
113KB, 620x350px
What PS1 games CAN'T I play on PSP?

I'll also accept games that are technically playable, but have a bad experience.

So far I've got:

Ape Escape
Alien: Resurrection
Gran Turismo 2 (Can't get analog controls working)
>>
>>3182124
I still have trouble playing Dino Crisis to this day. I either get random crashes on older firmware, an unusable shotgun (Crashes the game), or screwed up entities rendered wrong such as things that render through the background.

Interestingly enough, the last issue occurs with some other capcom games when emulated. Onimusha has that same issue on PS2 emulation.
>>
>>3182124
Valkyrie Profile.
>>
>>3182152
Lenneth exists though.
>>
>>3182124
Are you talking emulation or games available on PSN? I know Blood Omen: LoK, MGS, Silent Hill and Pandemonium! all aren't available to download directly.
>>
>>3182124
Wouldn't a Vita or PS3 or PSTV be better than a PSP Go as a plugged in PS1 station to play PS1 roms?
>>
>>3182203
The Vita/PS3/PSTV would be good in theory, but each require specific firmwares unlike the PSP which can be CFW'd the minute you get it.
>>
>>3182214
Which would display PS1 games best on an HDTV and support a controller (or 2)?
>>
>>3182246
PS3 imo is the best for HDTV play. Scales it nicely (not perfectly but decently for emulation) and it does support 2 controllers for most games.
You'll need to hack it though and it's an arduous process.
>>
>>3182258
How is it emulation? I thought each PS3 has a PS1 chip in it
>>
>>3182124
Gundam Battle Assault 2 technically works but crashes when starting Street Mode and some versus matches.
>>
>>3182262
All PS3 models emulate PS1 games. Early PS3 models had a chip that allowed for native PS2 play.
>>
File: 256px-Monkey_Hero.jpg (27KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Monkey_Hero.jpg
27KB, 256x255px
>>3182124
>>
File: Invasion_from_Beyond_Coverart.png (138KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion_from_Beyond_Coverart.png
138KB, 256x256px
>>3182124
There are a lot of games which work fine but have no music like rayman.
>>
I had trouble getting Valkyrie Profile to work on my psp so I bought the psp port
>>
>>3182435
How is that compared to the original anyways
>>
>>3182124
Have you tried rips of the PSN versions? I use this site

http://nicoblog.org/psp/
>>
>>3182418
It didnt work on PS2 either, which is sad cause I loved it and I cant play it on any of my current consoles.

>>3182424
>There are a lot of games which work fine but have no music like rayman.
Is it pic related?
>>
File: sony-psp-go_large.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
sony-psp-go_large.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
>>3182195

Hacked PSP. I have a 2000, 3000, and Go (I fell HARD for the meme now that I have a job and money to spend). I spend most of my time playing the Go.

>>3182203
I really, really like portables. I own a couple PSones + screens and a slim PS2 for legit stuff, I also have a raspberry pi2 + OEM controller adapter for my piracy needs. I still like portables better, even though 99% of time I just play them at home. I like being able to take my game with me out to sunday breakfast, while I'm cooking dinner. in the loo or in bed :^) . Also I have terrible myopia (even corrected) so it's nice to be able to sit ~300 mm from the screen

>>3182486
For a while I was making my own eboots with PSX2PSP in WINE, but then I discovered emuparadise has a full section of premade eboots. I will check that site out.

I was N64-only at the time these games were current, so I'm real late to the PS1 party (apart from the THPS games).

I was also kind of hoping someone would step in and spoonfeed me with instructions on how to get the analog stick actually working with, you know, analog controls for GT:2, since digital-only steering is not comfy AT ALL
>>
>>3182124
This is my favorite kind of rant, I'm glad someone made a thread just for it.

Gunbird will run on some POPS versions, but will most likely hang up to about 3 stages in (could be earlier.)

Rollcage Stage II does not boot at all on any POPS.

Neither of these will boot on a Vita.
>>
>>3182424
It's 2016, CDDA have been long fixed. In fact Rayman has a PSN store version so music is 101% guaranteed to work.
>>
>>3182124
The PS1 Spider-Man games work, but have some rather obvious control difficulties (read: there's no R2 button, therefore you can't webswing above Kid Mode).
>>
>>3182537
You know L2 and R2 are just mapped to analog nub directions. If that isn't good enough, you can customize the control mapping in the PS menu so you can push the analog nub in any or all 4 directions to do a swing, but I hope you already knew that.
>>
>>3182542

OP here, you can actually swap L1/R1 with L2/R2 (useful for THPS4), but the one thing you CAN'T do is have them both easily accessible at the same time (analog controls for digital buttons sucks donkey dicks).

I'm pretty sure that at least the PS2 versions of Armored Core required the use of both sets of triggers, so that's probably an example of a game with a poor experience (unless there's some keybinding voodoo you can do to make it workable).
>>
>>3182572
That's right, if you need to use both L2 and R2 at the same time, then you will need to pray you bought a PSP Go instead. That thing gets a lot of shit, but it's the only one that has perfect controls since you're using a real Dualshock.
>>
File: pro ms duo.jpg (28KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
pro ms duo.jpg
28KB, 600x402px
>This thing just broke yesterday
At least i still have the microSD cards.
>>
>>3182581

At least on my Go (which I'm most familiar with), you can press up on the analog nub to press L2 and R2 at the same time.

I was referring to the difficulty in games that expect you to use both sets of shoulder buttons at the same time - you can make do with the analog stick, but then you're having to pull your thumb off the d-pad all the time which will probably get you killed/mess you up in a fast paced game. It's a decent enough solution for RPGs and stuff though.

Perhaps you were talking about pairing a DS3? I have read that you can pair a DS3 to the Go, but I haven't tried this yet - I don't own a DS3. Anyways, if I'm not going to be able to hold the screen right up to my face, I might as well use a real TV, and at that point I might as well just play it on real hardware or an emulator hooked up to a tv.
>>
>>3182124
Tekken 3 is glitchy sometimes and so are the Mortal Kombat Games those are the only non officials ive tried
>>
>>3182615
Yes I was talking about how only the PSP Go has bluetooth capability, allowing you to pair a Dualshock 3 to relieve any L2/R2 issues and analog stick/nub issues. As an added bonus, a huge benefit really, you can play two player Playstation games with 2nd player using the Dualshock. Ideally you'd want to use TV out when doing this.
>>
>>3182124
I remember strider 2 and mega man legends 2 not working however I believe mega man legends 2 runs nowbut only under very specific conditions.
>>
>>3182643
You just have to use different popsloader, runs fine.
>>
>>3182643
>Mega Man Legends 2
Not relevant anymore, because Sony's got your back since April 2016, familia.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/mega-man-legends-2-(psone-classic)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ01140_00-0000000000000001
>>
>>3182162
Lenneth is a bugged game based on the Japanese version
>>
>>3182675
Lenneth is an improved version of the original on PSX
Don't mind asperger /vr/
>>
>>3182195
>Blood Omen: LoK, MGS, Silent Hill and Pandemonium! all aren't available to download directly.

This is false, I saw all of those games on PSN and even got MGS.
>>
>>3182124
>Gran Turismo 2
Did you remember to turn on analog mode in the PS menu and then once again confirm it in the GT2 options menu?
>>
>>3182440
I like it, but I haven't played in a while. The dungeon crawling is meh, but I like the combat system, figuring out different combos.
>>
>>
>>
File: Katamarithumb8dz.jpg (68KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
Katamarithumb8dz.jpg
68KB, 1000x730px
Are there any PS1 games that don't work on a PSone? I heard it had a redesigned BIOS and some other hardware changes that interfered with some games that otherwise play fine on the old PS1.
>>
File: remapping_2.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
remapping_2.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>3182741

This gave me hope, but I can't seem to get it to work. There is no option labeled "analog mode" in the PS menu, "Type 4" control options would seem to be what I want, but they just seem to map the PSP analog nub to the digital pad. The image on the control screen is just of an old school, no-analog PS1 pad so I'm kind of doubtful that there's an easy fix.

UPDATE: While looking for an image for this post I found this:

http://wololo.net/2015/04/18/how-to-enable-analog-controller-mode-on-psp-ps1-emulator/

which seems to indicate that a workaround exists, but I will need to use a DS3 for the initial setup. I wonder if I can just use a dirt cheap ebay clone?
>>
File: remapping_0.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
remapping_0.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>3183175
Analog option isn't a controller mapping. It's a toggle somewhere else, which requires a Dualshock 3. DS3 is a must own, whether you are a PSP, PS3, or PC user. Don't worry, you will get your money's worth. Add a couple bucks to that if you want to snap on some concave trigger plastics.
>>
PSP-3000 can output 240p over the component adapter with PS1 eboots. Only issue is that 240p to 480i resolution switches have a slight delay and causes the screen to flicker black for a second or two.
>>
>>3184572
What about Go?
>>
>>3184585
Probably that one too. As long as it's not PSP-2000 which is 480p only over component, or a PSP-1000 which doesn't have TV-Out capablility.
>>
>>3184593
Holy shit it makes my blood boil when people still recommend 1000 for pandora battery hacking or 2000 because it doesn't have "interlacing" like we went back in time. 3000 or Go always.
>>
>>3182697
But the psp version doesn't have the QoL features of the original Western release. Its still a very playable version of course.
>>
>>3182137
I don't know if depends on the type of PSP or whatever, but i played Dino Crisis fine on my PSP-2000
>>
Why it had to be my favorite videogame?
>>
>>3184845
I remember playing some of that without any problems at all.
>>
>>3182494
Monkey Hero's one of those weird ones that doesn't work on PS2, but works on PS3.
>>
>>3184845
If it makes you feel any better, the definite version of that game (the PSP remake, ToPX) is being translated right now by Absolute Zero.

I wouldn't expect it to be finished this year though.
>>
File: 78400133.gif (1MB, 330x182px) Image search: [Google]
78400133.gif
1MB, 330x182px
>>3185434
>Just tried it on my PS3
>MFW I could've been playing it all this time
Holy shit. Anyway, thanks for the tip anon.
>>
>>3184845
just play the version included in tales of phantasia ND X, its even better than the ps1 version, although its japanese-only right now.
>>
>>3182894
Keep trying different downloads of it I got it working on mine after trying a few different ones. Also try turning off over-clocking.
>>
>>3182264

So, to this anon and anybody else, don't forget that there are multiple versions of popstation (the plugin handling ps1 emulation on the psp) and plugin that let you load different games with different instances of pops (basically every game has a version it runs the best with)

There is also a popstation compatibility list floating around if you Google it, I'll post all this shit in the thread tonight.. currently on mobile.

I get perfect emulation of battle assault 2 using 3.71 I think it is
>>
>>3186513
You forgot to mention how low of a POPS version you can go is dependent on what PSP you have. If you have a new PSP like a 3000 or Go, you can't use a POPS version from before the manufacturing date.
>>
>>3184845
I have been playing it and haven't seen any trouble so far.

What's the part that doesn't work?
>>
>>3186531
> You need a specific version of popstation to run
> The music doesn't work and need to use headphones to hear it

>Durrrp just use one headphones
Nah, mine are too big for a portable console
>>
>>3184845
>>3187287
I've run this game start to end, zero issues on...6.60 or so firmware, not sure the popsloader, but it ran no problem, with music and all.

If you run it in certain versions, some spells will crash the game. Acid Rain I think, some summons, etc.

Why is a certain popsloader difficult for you? If need be I can try loading my game up and seeing what version runs it, but I've full completed the game.
>>
>>3182424
invasion from beyond also known as Bmovie does not work on the psp at all for some reason the floor does not appear and the game has massive slowdown.
>>
>>3187328
I use 3.51 popsloader in a PSP Go with 6.60.
other popsloaders i try just crash or dont even start
I've also noticed other problems
>I can't go to sleep mode
>Neither use the pause function
>>
>>3187417
Just tried 3.71 pops on 6.60 PRO-C2, no problems. It might be the PSP Go, I'm using a PSP-1000 I believe, whatever the first model was called.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.