[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGA to HDMI for Dreamcast 480p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (121KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
121KB, 1024x1024px
So I bought this piece of shit off Ebay because I figured a basic scaler would work, and the seller has sold like 200 of these. At first I assumed I needed to turn the Dreamcast to 480p mode or maybe it just wasnt sending the 480p signal.

Of course, after a bit, I think I've figured out that the converter I got is a piece of shit and doesn't work. Sometimes the VGA light will flicker on and then immediately turn off.

What's my best bet for a fucking working VGA to HDMI converter?
>>
NEET converter. Amazon Britain.
>>
>>3182105
Can you link to what you purchased so we can read more about the specific item?
>>
>>3182105
Does your screen not have vga input?
>>
>>3182193
Ordered. Thanks man.
>>3182256
It was a shitty converter on Ebay that I think just arrived broken.

>>3182283
My TV has HDMI and Component.
>>
>>3182105
There's no commercially available VGA to HDMI transcoder that handles the Dreamcast.
All the ones commercially available handle VESA resolutions. To handle the SMPTE timings the Dreamcast outputs you would need a scaler or a chain of transcoders. As for scalers you’re pretty much stuck with a Gefen. For transocoders you can go VGA > Component to a Component > HDMI. Unfortunately, a good VGA > Component transcoder is rare. Many will incorrectly handle the signal.

If you don’t give a shit and force a cheap VGA to HDMI transcoder. You’ll run into problems with some not being able to handle the DC’s output signal voltage. This will lead to image dropping on white screens for example.
>>
>>3182326
wait what

I use a hanzo box and I just plug that VGA into a scaler.
>>
>>3182423
One of those cheapo ones? It's trash.
>>
File: ossc_front_back.jpg (65KB, 796x243px) Image search: [Google]
ossc_front_back.jpg
65KB, 796x243px
>>3182326
OSSC will save us, right?
>>
>>3182879
The OSSC has it's own problems. No sound over HDMI being the big one in this application of transcoding a Dreamcast's VGA to HDMI. No idea on the other problems it may have.

Also stupid expensive if all you want it for is a transcoder.
>>
What about HDMI to component for PC emulation on old CRT televisions?
>>
>>3184231
Nobody is making anything for that.
>>
Guys and what about a SCART converter to HDMI ?? I know that those on ebay are crap , can you recommend me one? Is for my neo geo Consolized Mvs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.