[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a Ghosts and Goblins thread goin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: Ghosts and Unicorns.png (18KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts and Unicorns.png
18KB, 512x448px
Can we get a Ghosts and Goblins thread goin?
>>
Pretty sure there's more important things in the world to talk about right now you ignorant cuck
>>
File: gng1.jpg (255KB, 685x514px) Image search: [Google]
gng1.jpg
255KB, 685x514px
Does anyone know of a sure-fire way of killing son of Satan? His dives seem very unpredictable.
>>
File: mystery of the nazis.png (222KB, 547x646px) Image search: [Google]
mystery of the nazis.png
222KB, 547x646px
>>3182005

What do you want to talk about?

tfw finally got a white arremer to appear
>>
>>3182018
Like what? Donald Trump?
>>
>>3182020

If you want to be able to beat him reliably you need to time his descents. It's roughly three seconds every time, so make sure you're in the air when he's about to attack so that you can duck underneath him.

Either that or just play Jap Rev G.
>>
>>3182026
I dunno. Just the Ghosts and Goblins games. Ghouls and Goblins and shit is cool as well.
>>
File: Makaimura_Bosses.jpg (178KB, 263x363px) Image search: [Google]
Makaimura_Bosses.jpg
178KB, 263x363px
Let's get this shit started.

Ghosts 'n Goblins > Ghouls 'n Ghosts > Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins Kai > Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
>>
>>3182052

I think Ghouls 'n Ghosts is better than Ghosts 'n Goblins, but desu they're both pretty great. Other than that yeah I agree.

Super is just way too slow (even without the slowdown).
>>
>>3182057
Are there any revisions of Super GNG that cuts the slowdown?
>>
>>3182070

All of the rereleases play much better than the SNES version. Capcom Classics Collection for the PS2 was the latest rerelease iirc. It's pretty good, has all three games.
>>
>>3182070
>>3182080
GBA version preserves the slowdown in original mode ("like the devs intended" I guess) and gets rid of most of it in arrange mode
>>
>>3182431
I definitely need to try that title, looks pretty good, more like a remix of the previous titles than a straight port of SGnG.
>>
how is the saturn port of super gng?
>>
ive beaten ghouls n ghosts 4 times and i actually dont like it that much of the series
>>
>>3182462

same as all other ports pretty much
>>
>>3182005
>Be a kid with first console
>Decide to rent something fun
>"Hey, a game about knights and dragons!"
> Rented Super GnG

I played it nonstop for a week and only got to the Ghost ship. But I also HAD TO HAVE IT.

To this day I can only make it to Lucifer the first time. I've never been able to make the second trip...
>>
I've never played the GNG games but I'm a Castlevania fan and want to play more horror action games. Are these harder or easier than Castlevania?
>>
>>3182768
I'd definitely say harder.

After you're hit once, you're naked. If you get hit again before restoring armor, you're dead.

You have a set distance and height for jumps, that you have to get used to. But it's completely different.
>>
>>3182768
Ghosts 'n Goblins is probably harder than most Castlevania stuff. Ghouls an Super are more doable however.

Be sure to play the arcade versions of the first two, the Genesis and SG port are pretty decent too.
>>
File: gng-table.jpg (187KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
gng-table.jpg
187KB, 641x481px
Got a new PB tonight, I made it to 2-2. I died as Astaroth died but it still counted as a win.
>>
Just played Ghouls and Ghosts on Genesis. Really fun game. Very difficult, although far more forgiving with the continues than the NES version
>>
Friendly reminder that the NES port of GNG is absolutely terrible because capcom handed off all their early NES ports to a bunch of fucking mongoloids.
>>
>>3185510
Doesn't everyone already know this?
>>
>>3185510
From what I recall, the Famicom version of SonSon has such bad slowdown that it becomes barely playable at a certain point.
>>
File: 1cc Ghosts 'n Goblins.png (669KB, 1125x868px) Image search: [Google]
1cc Ghosts 'n Goblins.png
669KB, 1125x868px
>>3185295

Good work anon. Keep at it! I've only been able to 1CC the game once, but it was probably one of the high points of my life.
>>
Do yashichis only drop in stage 1 and 3 in the arcade version?
>>
>>3182005
why does swords never appear to me in the nes version?
>>
>>3185543

Yeah I think so. I'm pretty sure those are the only two. The stage 2 nes one isn't in the arcade version.
>>
>>3185546

It's completely random, but the knife/sword does appear more often the further you get in the game I think, but that might just be the arcade version since it seems to always appear in stage 3.

I never really cared for the nes version so i don't play it a lot.
>>
I tried the arcade rom again the other day. Shit. That was harder than I remember. Dunno if it's easier or harder than the NES one I had.
>>
>>3185551

desu I think it's easier just because it controls better than the nes version. If you want, change the difficulty to make it a little easier. Nobody is going to judge you, just work your way up.
>>
C64 version best version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUJd8iQiOE
>>
Where do you guys usually get the cross at? I always pick mine up in level 4.
>>
the supergrafx version of ghouls n ghosts plays even better than the arcade version.
>>
Last week I picked up GnG on the NES, Super on the SFC, and the Supergrafx version. Forgot how damn hard they all were, especially compared to Ultimate on the PSP which I blazed through. Waiting on my Genesis copy to come in the mail.
>>
>>3187014
Try out Kai on PSP, the first version of Goku Makaimura was pretty shit.
>>
>>3186435

Really from what I've gathered that's the best place to get it since you've got an infinite supply of those mini demons that you can just grind until they drop it.
>>
I still can't beat stage 3 on arcade

fuck all those red asshole, hard to deal with then on elevated terrian when there's flying spear hotdogs
>>
>>3188601

I do think Level 3 has probably the highest learning curve in the game. Some might say Level 2 is higher, but it's far more vital to your survival to learn how to defeat the red arremers than the ogres especially as you make your way through the game.

For what its worth, red arremers have a very specific waiting period where you can attack them. It's short though and you need to know the exact timing in order to make use of it. Once you've got that mastered the game becomes significantly easier. Just keep at it.
>>
Ghouls is so fucking easy compared to Ghosts.
>>
>>3188601
Stay still for a bit and wait for them to charge at you, then press forward and attack like crazy. It's kinda difficult to recognize the charge at first but you should be able to do it consistently with some practice.
>>
>>3190639
So's everything

Still a great game
>>
>>3190639
And?
>>
>>3190716

Yep, and there might be times when it looks like he's going to charge but he actually hasn't started yet and then you attack him and he just jumps back in the air. Really, timing is everything when you fight those fuckers.

Although, once you get to the later levels this technique stops being effective since they'll be spitting fireballs at you almost constantly.
>>
>>3190635
4 is such a relief after 2 and 3

Still can't clear 6, and 5 usually fucks me up bad
>>
>>3190635
I guess so. The stairs make it awkward. Level 2 is just about learning patience and how to spam attacks

>>3190716
What if they're on a platform higher than me? I'll try it anyways next time I'm at the arcade.

I wish the axe weapon was good. It never shows up and only does so at the worst times.

One day I will see level 4.
>>
is there anything wrong with the 360 port of Ghost n Goblins?
>>
>>3191426

Yeah 4 is awesome once you get that stupid platforming section out of the way. If you're not careful those little goblin fuckers will fuck you up towards the end though, especially on later loops.

>>3191632

desu I don't think I've ever seen the axe weapon show up early than level 5. It's not worth it anyway, by that point you'll have the cross so there's never any reason to get it.

As for the arremers, after a certain point you know how they dive down at you? If you can predict the timing then you can jump out of their way and hopefully get a hit in. It just takes patience and practice. Always set yourself up some room so you can jump away from them. There's a rhythm to the fights in the game.

Worst case scenario, if you absolutely have to you can scroll the screen up and after the red arremer is far enough off the screen he'll be gone for good. It's a cheap exploit, but for a game like this sometimes its your best bet.
>>
>>3191426
4 is rng farm hell because you never know when the cross/shield is going to drop.
>>
>>3191865

hell is a strong word. I feel like the longest I've ever spent there was maybe a minute.
>>
>>3191880
>blue demon flies up from lava
>it's holding a pot
>"OH SHIT FINALLY THE CROSS"
>kill blue demon
>it's just a lance
>"FUCK, YOU"
>>
>>3191902
>get cross
>random lance drops in front of ladder
>>
>>3191812
The one in the Capcom Arcade Classics thingy? iirc M2 is behind that, so it's almost certainly good.

So

You shoot faster if you tap forward, right? I'm not just imagining that?
>>
>>3192676

Yeah that's a well known glitch. However it's pretty essential to actually beating the game too, especially with the big men on levels 2 and 6.
>>
Does anyone else not like the more claustrophobic level designs of Ghouls?
>>
File: ghosts-and-goblins.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts-and-goblins.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
>>3182005
If any C64 players are in here I can recommend the GnG Arcade remake. It's pretty good. Got the right music, longer stages, more stages. It tries to be as close to the arcade version as possible.

http://csdb.dk/release/?id=139257
>>
>>3196979
oh hey that's a surprisingly competent cover of the GnG theme
>>
>>3185510
>>3185586
Play the GBC version. NES graphics and C64 music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC809188Pss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePzcxgUfCQ
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.