[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this ever get good emulation? I just want to experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: paper mario 64.jpg (211KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
paper mario 64.jpg
211KB, 1024x768px
Will this ever get good emulation?

I just want to experience this game again anons...
>>
Then get an N64 and buy a copy.
>>
>>3182031
I know I can do that, I'm just curious as to why this game's emulation is still so poor.

Is n64 emulation that hard? or has nobody really given the time to make it good?
>>
>>3182041
Not the guy to ask, sorry :/
>>
File: original.gif (823KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
823KB, 640x360px
>>3182041

I am not an expert. I'm just an echo.

The sad truth is that most emulation just isn't perfect and a lot is not anywhere near close. This is because of proprietary hardware that is not analogous to PC architecture.

You are much better off acquiring this game on a Wii or Wii U through legitimate means or through homebrew, acquiring it on a N64 whether legit or by Everdrive, or by just going without. It sucks anon but there isn't always a quick and easy 1-2 click solution.
>>
>>3181987
Except you can up to a certain point. The random flashes still aren't fixed?
>>
>>3181987
Mod your wii and download its virtual console wad.
>>
>>3182559
If there's a wad you can emulate it in Dolphin.
>>
>>3182567
There's a wad of everything ever put on the virtual console and more, it's only a matter of finding it.
>>
>>3181987
>I just want to experience this game again anons...
>I'm just curious as to why this game's emulation is still so poor.
>i'm just a poorfag emubaby
>>
Soft modded wii with it's wad. It's perfect
>>
>>3182806
Ok not "perfect" but its great
>>
Wii and Wii U. Image darkness aside (in game is less acute than in screenshots) it's the most accurate you will see. Controller remapping and Off-TV makes the Wii U version the superior version.
>>
>>3182820
What's flawed?
>>
>>3182871
Most notably load times and some effects are missing. The ones that immediately come to mind for me are the fact that the start menu popping up isn't in sync with the sound effect and the effects on Shooting Star Summit aren't present.
>>
>>3181987
Yeah. Its on the Wii Virtual Console.
>>
Everdrives with real consoles are for this exact predicament.
>>
>>3181987
That's funny, because this was one of the few games that I could emulate perfectly on my PC, while I couldn't run anything else.

I guess every computer and emulation setup is different. But... This game is really good, and you should probably consider getting a hardcopy.
>>
>>3184797
I thought there was roms that didn't work on a console with everdrive
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.