[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people input special moves in emulated fighting games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

How do people input special moves in emulated fighting games without using a joystick?

I've been having a hard time making anything besides a Sonic Boom in Street Fighter II without breaking my keyboard.
>>
Sincerely, i prefer keyboard more than joystick to perform combos on fighting games.

Its a question of costume, in the course of time you gonna can make hard combos
>>
>>3180112
well, OP, if you're playing the Turbo versions good fucking luck. They are way harder to execute with a controller, arcade stick or keyboard. do it faster

I bet you can execute it if you play SFAlpha 3
>>
>>3180112
what's wrong with his hair?
>>
I started on keyboard for a while on Kaillera before getting a stick, it's entirely doable

Drum your fingers from down to forward for a quarter circle and be sure to get the diagonal, use 3 fingers for a half circle and keep in mind that a 270 ending in up still counts as a 360 for Zangief SPD

You might want to try practicing inputs in a more recent fighter then work backward, SF2 and other games of its era are fairly strict about how input motions are executed newer games have far more lenient input interpreters; new games also have a training mode with an onscreen input display so you can see what inputs the game is registering vs. what your fingers are doing
>>
File: layout[1].jpg (96KB, 650x297px) Image search: [Google]
layout[1].jpg
96KB, 650x297px
You may also want to try taking a cue from the Hitbox and change your control scheme to use ASD + spacebar (or JKL + spacebar as the case may be) instead of arrow keys

The idea is that by having up bound to the spacebar you can keep your fingers and thumb in one place at all times and hit the spacebar with either thumb as you see fit, compare this with arrow keys where you have to move your middle finger between the down and up arrows which complicates things like doing a 360/720 or ST Guile's super input
>>
>>3180298
Not using the arrow keys for keyboard-only gaming is like asking for keyboard ghosting.
>>
>>3180298
wow thats brilliant, i own a fighstick but im gonna try that out on keyboard
>>
> using a keyboard
Blech.
Get a joystick or gamepad and JoyToKey that shit.

Only reason I'm using a keyboard is because I am visiting family and on my dad's pc.
>>
>>3180131
>arcade stick
I was surprised at the travel of my arcade stick. First time I bought one, or actually touched one. Still need to test it with an actual fighting game, but just from touching it, using it in other games, that was just surprising to me. Still need to figure out how to actually hold it, I'm getting some mild RSI from using it
>>
Keyboard inputs are so much faster than using a stick or game pad that it's almost cheating by direct comparison.

I learned this first-hand while playing Richter in Castlevania: SotN on an emulator back in the day. I could speed though his game in under ten minutes by just chaining his shuriken move over and over for each horizontal area and his uppercut move for the vertical areas. It was epic, and stupidly easy compared to other input methods.

I really stopped using sticks after that, even though I find them fun to play with. Just too much effort for too little reward. I'd rather use a controller 99% of the time anyway. Keyboard just feels super cheap anymore.
>>
>>3180324
Keyboard ghosting isn't a huge deal in most fighting games. You're usually never holding down more than 2 buttons at a time in a traditional arcade fighter.
>>
>>3181082
keyboard ghosting is a huge problem in fighting games, because motions happen so quickly, it's very common that a key that was previously used to trigger an action has not been fully released by the time the next action is triggered. the game only acts on the keydown, but ghosting works during the whole keydown-keypressed-keyup sequence. Made Primal Rage and Brutal nearly unplayable back then
>>
>>3181162
faggot penguin
>>
>>3181162
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>3181239
The only reason he posted was to force his stupid penguin gif. Just ignore him.
>>
>>3180596
What, is your shoulder hurting?
>>
>>3181296
wrists, actually. It's a Qanba Q1, and for some reason it hurts both my wrists, though the right one a bit more. I'm quite sure I'm literally just "holding it wrong", need to find my position. Keep in mind that before this one I have not ever touched an arcade stick, be it as a peripheral or in an arcade machine.
>>
>>3181303
I can understand some wrist pain on your right wrist but on the left is kinda weird. I have carpal tunnel problem on my left hand but it doesn't hurt when I'm using my stick. In fact, just typing this message tax my wrist way more.

I place it on my lap and I try to align the joystick (moving part) with my left shoulder so it basicly sits over left leg and some of it on my right. My stick isn't very large.

There are many videos on youtube about this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyo2LtmHMj4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXP0kc9Sry8

Though the only thing I can guarantee to ease your pain is buying wrist bracers. Those designed for carpal syndrome and such. It's the only way I can play a FPS game for over an hour without major pain.

There are plenty of ways to use it though and many videos
>>
>>3180298
I seriously have no idea how people use these things. Looks awkward af
>>
>>3180324

>he doesn't have full key rollover
>>
File: tumblr_nigwqk7Vu31shg8mio1_500.png (268KB, 500x643px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nigwqk7Vu31shg8mio1_500.png
268KB, 500x643px
>>3180202
Nothing.
>>
>>3180112
you should get an arcade stick or at least a gamepad dude
if you live in Asia you can get Qanba Q1 at a really good price in play-asia website
>>3183662
woah, stroheim looks so much like guile its almost like they were inspired by street fighter
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.