[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it had slightly more replayability (a few more characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: SMRPG.jpg (22KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
SMRPG.jpg
22KB, 270x187px
If it had slightly more replayability (a few more characters or ability trees or equipment options to experiment with) this would be the GOAT rpg.

Prove me wrong oh wait you fucking can't
>>
It already is the GOAT rpg.

I've played and beaten most of the /vr/ FF games, DW/DQ games, mana, chrono trigger, and I still find this one the most replayable by far.
>>
>>3179264
eh, I actually agree with OP. Only having 5 characters with so few attacking options kind of makes it too repetitive to play again.

Atmosphere and enemy design and everything was pretty good though. I like ff6 better honestly
>>
>>3179258
I still replay it every few years or so.
>>
>>3179258
You can beat it in like 8-10 hours. Theres virtually no fluff and very little backtracking.

That alone makes it pretty GOAT.
>>
>>3179258
>You will never enjoy a game as much as paper mario and super mrio rpg
There are good games, but they can't compare
>>
>>3179529
FUCK i still remember the first time i played both of them.

i was hoping the sequels for paper mario would rekindle the feeling but TTYD didn't come close despite people telling me it was better
>>
>>3179554
TTYD is better difficulty-wise and longevity-wise (first paper Mario is a bit short and a lot easier), in my opinion. It also had more stuff to do and an improved-upon battle system.

But I still prefer Paper Mario 64 simply because it's much more charming, characters/writing are better, and the flow of the game feels better.

Superstar Saga is my absolute favorite Mario RPG, though.
>>
>>3179613
I already forgot what superstar saga was about.
I always remember a lot of paper mario though.
>>
File: 1414122534317.gif (2MB, 419x253px) Image search: [Google]
1414122534317.gif
2MB, 419x253px
Have any of you guys actually managed to get 100 super jumps legit?

I have.
>>
>>3179258
I'm replaying it now. It's a great game. I still like FF7 better, but it is a 10/10 RPG nonetheless.
>>
>>3179291
This.
Most RPGs have hit it way too hard on pointlessness.
>>
>>3182405
>muh epic story

fact is, a big chunk of most "epic" story /vr/ games is grinding or filler. Just an excuse to get you to the next dungeon. Taking 40 hours to finish and telling a deep story don't necessarily go hand in hand.
>>
>>3179529
>>3179554
When I was a kid, I thought RPGs were so stupid. Why would you want to choose your attacks from a menu? It was Paper Mario that taught me to love menu-based combat.
>>
>>3182443
You guys can't immerse yourself for shit, you sound like you want to play a VN.
>>
>>3179258
>GOAT
>>3183160 is better than it.
Seriously, this game is ass, and for asschildren.
>>
>>3179258
This is basically true. If it was just a little deeper it'd be near perfect.
>>
>>3179529
To be honest I never really liked Paper Mario. I loved Super Mario RPG though.

>>3179613
One of my best friends growing up had Superstar Saga and always remarked how Super Mario RPG seemed very similar when he'd watch me play. I should give it a go some time.

Why did Square have to fuck us on the sequel? Nintendo wanted to do it with Paper Mario, but couldn't get the rights to the content Square owned.
>>
>>3179258
It's the only RPG I've ever beaten, and I've done so multiple times.
>>
>>3179258
>replayability
>a few more characters or ability trees or equipment options to experiment with
This game has no replayablility because it's linear, piss easy and criminally repetitive.
>>
GOLDEN SUN
O
L
D
E
N

S
U
N
is GOAT
>>
Still my GOAT.

No fluff, can dick around with various set ups, no grinding, fun story that gets the job done and is entertaining without being pretentious garbage.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.