[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good ports of retro games to non-retro systems?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 73394_front.jpg (97KB, 640x914px) Image search: [Google]
73394_front.jpg
97KB, 640x914px
What are some good ports of retro games to non-retro systems? Specifically looking for PS2 since I'm trying to pad out my collection but any system is fine.

pic related is a good example, it has both games, is practically identical to the originals, and is dirt cheap to boot.
>>
Virtua Fighter 2 and Die Hard Arcade on PS2 Sega Ages are pretty good, but I don't remember which number are they
>>
i only bought capcom classics for an arcade perfect port of final fight

conker live and reloaded was pretty cool too
>>
The 3DS Sega games.
>>
File: ttt1.jpg (84KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
ttt1.jpg
84KB, 640x908px
>>
I have the Sega Ages version of Panzer Dragoon 1 and unfortunately, it isn't a very good port. The controls feel really weird, I don't know if it's because of the PS2 pad, but I think it's one of the ports that weren't good (it was ported by some chinese devs as opposed to some of the other Sega Ages made by M2).
I also have Nights on PS2 and also suffers from control problems, doesn't feel as good as the Saturn, but at least it came in a fancy package with a hard cover book (apparently a replica of a book that came included originally with the japanese version of Nights for Saturn).

I think one of my favorite ports is the Dracula X Chronicles for PSP, includes original Rondo of Blood, Symphony of the Night (arguably the definitive version) and even the "dracula x peke" thingy.

>>3178306
This too, all the Sega 3D classics on 3DS as well as the few 3D classics Nintendo published.
>>
>>3178037
The Sega 3D classics games are all great. As for ps2 you've got the Namco museum collection, capcom classics collection, Atari anthology, Activision anthology, Midway arcade classics, and sonic mega plus collection... At least those are all the ones I know worth buying.
>>
>>3178343
How's the port of PD1 in Orta and Nights HD?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.